Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125595 - 01/02/18 05:19 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Stephgold I dont understand how HRT is relevant to what happens post laser and at least hald my clientele arent even transgender. .What I can tell you is what I see is pretty consistent between myself and the experiences of the clients I've had who did laser beforehand.If they did laser, I see the delayed follicles coming back and it tends to stretch out electrolysis treatment because hairs we've never seen or treated before keep coming in for several years.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Thread Sponsors
#125640 - 01/13/18 11:40 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Iluv2zap]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Loc: New Mexico
Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
I'm amazed that none of your electrologists has adequately explained the process nor anything about hair growth cycles to you? Its going to take 12-18 months to effect permanency. During that time you can expect hair to come in in ever dwindling amounts until eventually its all gone.I am doing my second set of sessions this month with a clietn of pakistani heritage who has just such a caase similar to yours. Except, I wont get anywhere near clearance for quite a while as there is just too much over the body and face for me to addrress so for her, it will take much longer than 18 months .This can be very hard on you emotionally, but stick with the process and the hair will be gone.

Seana

You give the best most candid responses. You are appreciated.

#125641 - 01/13/18 11:42 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Iluv2zap]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
Stephgold I dont understand how HRT is relevant to what happens post laser and at least hald my clientele arent even transgender. .What I can tell you is what I see is pretty consistent between myself and the experiences of the clients I've had who did laser beforehand.If they did laser, I see the delayed follicles coming back and it tends to stretch out electrolysis treatment because hairs we've never seen or treated before keep coming in for several years.

Ahhhh. I don’t know. You mentioned you are on HRT and I thought it was related to hair growth if the levels of hormone fluctuate if you go on or off therapy. I thought I read that in your post? Hmm I guess not judging by your response. I was asking if your laser patients are on HRT and if they aren’t then I guess I have a long road ahead of me.

Edited by Stephgold (01/13/18 11:43 PM)

#125642 - 01/13/18 11:49 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: dfahey]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By dfahey
I think I have cleared up laser induced hair stimulation cases because I haven't heard from clients for a long time. I wish clients would drop me an email or text me years down the road and let me know how they are doing. I ask them to do so, but I never hear a peep, so I assume they are happy and just don't think about their facial hair anymore because that is no longer a concern.

If you get cleared every 4-6 weeks....... If you don't do ANYTHING that pulls out the hair while having electrolysis , then you will most likely finish and be happy in about 12-18 months. Electrolysis works, but it is not magical. Electrolysis cannot stop new hair from stimulating in the future. It cannot undo any weirdness to the hair growth cycles that laser reduction may have caused. Hair is a tough enemy. Hair is stealthy. Hair growth can be unpredictable. This is why we can't be cut and dry with answers to your excellent questions.

Your plan should be to patiently lay on the table and attack / punch out the bothersome hairs. Keep doing this until there are no bothersome hairs to punch. Let time pass and soon you will discover that your plan is working. You will know when it's time to stop because things will get boring. There will be no more bothersome hair to focus on anymore........... until Mother Nature decides to stimulate some new hair follicles???

See I agree. Bc there have been studies following laser patients about 3 years out and that’s all. We don’t know for sure if laser is the reason a person gets more hair or not. I mean it could be their own genetics. I wish someone could study when the effects of laser wears off. I know most need a “touch up” yearly.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Newbie With a Few Questions
by Iluv2zap
Today at 04:50 PM
Back hair treatment schedule
by coolie
Today at 01:30 PM
Advice: Should I switch to someone who uses blend?
by Josefa M. Reina
Today at 06:52 AM
Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning!
by Ton
Yesterday at 03:14 PM
Hello again! Looking for advice and opinions.
by roslynholcomb
Yesterday at 11:53 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9633
James W. Walker VII 8052
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3224
Who's Online
1 registered (Michael Bono), 54 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod