Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124137 - 06/09/17 03:25 AM My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair.
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Hello, everybody
So sorry for my english))
I`ve been searching in Internet something that will fit to my problem and condition - unfortunately, I have laser stimulated facial hair.
I am a female, started laser on my face when I was 19 years old (2014) – Lightsheer laser. My hair on face were thin, vellus, but pretty dark (I have very light skin and brown hair - I am slavic). In december this year (when I am 22) I`ve started to see more dark hard hairs here and there – on my chin, neck, sideburns, some on my cheeks. My hair is very strange – it`s dark at the end, and light near the skin. That`s why laser didn`t work for me… but nobody said that to me.
So at December 2016 I`ve decided to do electrolysis and booked an appointment at one clinic. When I came there electrologyst said to me, that I should try Alexandrite laser before electrolysis. So I had 2 sessions of Alexandrit laser on my face and neck by this practitioner. I must say, that every laser that I`ve tried worked for one month for my hair – one month my face looked perfectly. But at the start of next month – everything comes again.
After 2 sessions in March 2017 I`ve started electrolysis with the same practiotioner, who suggested laser to me. He were really upset that he need to do electrolysis on my skin, because he said, he don`t want to destroy this beautiful skin. But I didn`t care much about skin, I wanted to remove those hairs.
He worked on some Spanish machine (If I am not wrong…), used Blend. That was painfull, but I am very patient and my pain threshold is very high – that was normal.
I had with him 6 appointments – and had 2 full clearances during March.
Then I`ve decided to change practitioner because my skin looked really really bad. I was swollen, red, with red dots all over the face for week after appointment. I still have brown marks (hyperpigmentation) on my skin after that. But I hope it all will fade soon.
Then I came to one woman, she was working at Apilus Senior. I came every week for an hour each time. I think that pretty much every time I had full clearances. But then I started to feel a little bit of plucking – so I decided to change practitioner again.
My third electrologyst is working on Apilus XCell. It`s wonderful machine, really fast. I like my third practitioner and first two times I had an appointments in a week, first one was 1 hour long, second – 26 min. She said that I need to come once in two weeks. Now I am coming once in two weeks and doing 1 hour.
I don`t know what to think. Every time I am getting a full clearance, no dark hairs, but in the end of two weeks I have many many dark hairs… I don`t know are those hair new, or old but they were not treated… I know that it`s a long process, I hope that in 18 monthes I will receive a good reduction. But now I am so doubtfull. And I have many many vellus hair all over my body and face.
My aftercare is: first day after appointment is no water for face, I use Chlorhexidine, tea tree oil and Bepanthen crème . When I go out I use Dectro International ACTION DE GALA Ombra Cream with SPF 100.

This is my schedule:
29.03.17 – second full clearance.
11.04.17 – 1 hour at the middle of the neck – He doesn`t want to work on my rough skin.
14.04.17 – New Practitioner. Apilus Senior. 1 h.
21.04.17 – Apilus Senior 1 h
28.04.17 – New Practitioner – Apilus XCell – 1 h
4.05.17 – Apilus XCell – 1h
12.05.17 - Apilus XCell – 26 min
25.05.17 – 68 min Apilus XCell
08.06.17 – 1 h Apilus XCell
How much does it take for a laser stimulated hair to be gone permanently? What can you say from your experience?
Because I feel myself so bad about all this...
I really appreciate every interest or answer to my topic.

Thread Sponsors
#124140 - 06/09/17 11:14 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
(just popping in) I answered this in response to your private message.

Your English is wonderful.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

#124160 - 06/13/17 08:26 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I'm amazed that none of your electrologists has adequately explained the process nor anything about hair growth cycles to you? Its going to take 12-18 months to effect permanency. During that time you can expect hair to come in in ever dwindling amounts until eventually its all gone.I am doing my second set of sessions this month with a clietn of pakistani heritage who has just such a caase similar to yours. Except, I wont get anywhere near clearance for quite a while as there is just too much over the body and face for me to addrress so for her, it will take much longer than 18 months .This can be very hard on you emotionally, but stick with the process and the hair will be gone.

Seana

Edited by Iluv2zap (06/13/17 08:34 AM)
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#124161 - 06/13/17 09:40 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Iluv2zap]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Iluv2zap, thank You so much for answer) It`s really strange, but yea, no one from my electrologists explained me the process and the hair growth cicles. All the information I found out by myself here, on Hairtell.
Thank You for support smile

#124170 - 06/14/17 03:37 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Hello, everyone
I have very strange question: will the waxing of my upper lip stimulating the hair growth on chin or other parts of face? I have many many small vellus hairs on my upper lip, but they are pretty dark and looks a little bit messy... for deal with this by electrolysis looks like endless. what do you think?

#124172 - 06/14/17 06:03 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
WeRNotAfraid Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Dallas
Yes, waxing CAN stimulate facial hair. I would never recommend waxing or tweezing your face ever. A good electrogist will be more than capable of removing even the smallest dark hairs permanently. If you wax, you may find that those "small" hairs turn into a much bigger problem down the road.

#124182 - 06/16/17 11:30 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: WeRNotAfraid]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

WeRNotAfraid, thank You so much for reply) I thought about waxing a little bit - and then decided that better do electrolysis... laugh

#124183 - 06/16/17 03:16 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
hairy Harry Offline
Major Contributor

I never knew waxing could stimulate hair growth, I thought it was just Lazer that did that!

#124184 - 06/16/17 11:51 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
I call it "shotgun plucking"

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

#124704 - 09/21/17 06:35 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Hey, everyone)) I am still doing electrolysis - results are good. But now I am moving - now I live in Germany. Do you know good electrolysists in Germany?
I am living now in Estenfeld, near Wuerzburg - I saw an electrologist today and that appointment was a disaster. We did face and a Little bit of chest - I think I`ve been burnt :((((
I will add photo of my chest - please, tell me what to do and how bad is it Looks...

#124705 - 09/21/17 06:40 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

#124706 - 09/21/17 07:54 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Doctor Beate Ritzert in Manheim Germany would be my recommendation.

#124707 - 09/21/17 08:07 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Iluv2zap]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Thank You for recommendation) I already sent her an email)

#124708 - 09/21/17 03:52 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By Krasnaja
Hey, everyone)) I am still doing electrolysis - results are good. But now I am moving - now I live in Germany. Do you know good electrolysists in Germany?
I am living now in Estenfeld, near Wuerzburg - I saw an electrologist today and that appointment was a disaster. We did face and a Little bit of chest - I think I`ve been burnt :((((
I will add photo of my chest - please, tell me what to do and how bad is it Looks...

Is that a picture your chest that you submitted? Here is what you should do: give your electrologist feedback about your healing. I'm not concerned about the picture you submitted because it will heal, but maybe she can change a few things up to lessen the skin reaction or maybe not?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#124738 - 09/23/17 05:42 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: dfahey]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Thank you so much for your answer) It calms me down a little)) I will tell my practitioner about this awfull situation... I hope it will heal with out permanent hyperpigmentation...

#124741 - 09/24/17 06:04 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

HYPERPIGMENTATION IS NEVER PERMANENT. It is a part of the healing process of the skin itself post electrolysis. In all cases the healing process has completed by 18 months though most hyperpigmentation has faded away long before that.

#124759 - 09/26/17 03:33 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Iluv2zap]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Thank You for your answer) Good Thing to hear!

#125479 - 12/20/17 04:03 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Hello, everyone!
So, almost 10 monthes in electrolysis...
What can I say - I feel that electrolysis works, but, I thought that would be probably faster... I mean 10 monthes in and the hair coming and coming. I know how hair growth and that for permanent hair removal I need 12-18 monthes, I know...
But still I would like to see more result. Or maybe I want this too fast...
Just a little bit upset.

#125480 - 12/20/17 07:04 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
ingeileen1991 Offline
Contributor

Hello Krasnaja,

How many hours have been used to treat you and which areas have been treated?

#125487 - 12/21/17 09:57 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: ingeileen1991]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Hello!
I looked at my schedule: its close to 20 hours in total.
The zone is face and neck (you can read the first post in this topic).

#125488 - 12/21/17 10:14 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: France, Spain
This why taking pictures is so important. To see the evolution of the treatment. I am so surprised that so few electrologists don’t want to take pictures of their work process, it is useful both for the practicionner and the consumer.

Krasnaja I hope you will finish your treatment soon. After 10 months you should notice some good difference.

#125490 - 12/21/17 11:04 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Adrein,

its not that we dont WANT to take pictures, but there isnt much we can do when the client does not consent to it. I wont lose clients over this issue.

Seana

#125492 - 12/21/17 12:04 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: adrien_sanchiz]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By adrien_sanchiz
This why taking pictures is so important. To see the evolution of the treatment. I am so surprised that so few electrologists don’t want to take pictures of their work process, it is useful both for the practicionner and the consumer.

Krasnaja I hope you will finish your treatment soon. After 10 months you should notice some good difference.

Thank You, Adrien, I hope so too. I see some progress, of course, but then I am reading the stories of a girls which have the same problem as me with laser stimulated hair on the face, and that they are working with this problem for 4 years or so...
But at the same time some electrolisis here are saying, that it takes 12-18 months to fully solve this problem...

Edited by Krasnaja (12/21/17 12:06 PM)

#125499 - 12/21/17 03:45 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Don’t worry Krasnaja, if electrolysis is proprely done, it will never ever take so long.
I am currently working on a case of laser estimulation on face. When I will finish this case, I will post some pictures here and you will be able to see how long the treatment takes.

#125500 - 12/21/17 03:54 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: adrien_sanchiz]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Don’t worry Krasnaja, if electrolysis is proprely done, it will never ever take so long.
I am currently working on a case of laser estimulation on face. When I will finish this case, I will post some pictures here and you will be able to see how long the treatment takes.

Sounds good! Your words, Adrien, makes me feel better.
I`d like to look at the result of your work, with a pleasure!
Thank you.

#125501 - 12/21/17 04:22 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Iluv2zap]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
Adrein,

its not that we dont WANT to take pictures, but there isnt much we can do when the client does not consent to it. I wont lose clients over this issue.

Seana

No one ask you something that will you make loosing clients Seana. I worked in France and in Spain and in these both countries I never had problems for taking pictures and get permissions for publishing it. I worked on males, females and transgender, with people from 18 to +75 years old. Not age, nor gender was an issue for taking pictures.
Maybe it is a “country issue”?

Americans and Canadians consumers don’t allow to take pictures ? Interesting theory.

#125502 - 12/21/17 04:40 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

It is true that some don't allow pictures. I guess Americans and Canadians really value their right to privacy and don't trust the internet. I try to explain that it will help others and ask them to please pay forward.

I posted pictures here on Hairtell of a clients beard after a session and was asked to remove it. Same thing happened for a young woman. I had asked if I could use the pictures for educational value and thought they agreed. Some clients outright turn me down when I ask..

Most clients allow me to take pictures, but tell me that the pictures are for my eyes only. So it goes.... it's frustrating.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#125506 - 12/21/17 09:58 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Well, for aesthetic procedure like surgery, Americans don’t “really value their right to privacy”.
You can easily find a bunch of before and after pictures of aesthetic procedure from american surgeons on the internet.

I asked “maybe it is a country issue” with a tiny bit of irony. The problem only exists in the electrology field... regardless of the country. (Remember, French doctors are not able to provide before and after pictures of electrolysis but for other aesthetic procedures they can... is it really about the privacy ?)

#125507 - 12/21/17 11:27 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: adrien_sanchiz]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Well, for aesthetic procedure like surgery, Americans don’t “really value their right to privacy”.

..... but some do!!! We are all different!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#125509 - 12/22/17 10:00 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
All hair, or lack thereof, on every square inch of the body is sexual. I mean, hair (amount, location, color and "quality") signals sexual maturity and age. An experienced electrologist, esthetician, or dermatologist can look at hairs on a tiny section of skin and determine the person's age and gender. And, that's undoubtedly the purpose of hair: a display of sexual maturity. Think plumage on birds, horns on some mammals, etc., all animals "do this."

Matters of sexuality (and gender) are deeply rooted, not well understood and a fundamental psychological issue for all humans (not just some; all of us!). For this reason, the subject of "unwanted hair" is, at best, an embarrassment (no photos, please). Furthermore, people's reluctance to normalize the issue of unwanted hair creates fertile ground for fraud. Indeed, all "hidden subjects" give the scalawags motivation to perpetrate their quackery. And they do!

#125512 - 12/22/17 10:38 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

If you can find it, there is a well-done documentary on our favorite dinosaur: the triceratops.

Paleontologists conclude that the trademark horns changed shape as the "tri" aged and reached sexual maturity. It had been thought that there were several different species ... but now (after finding lots of youngsters and adolescent dinos) the fossils show that the size and direction of the horns changed ... and signaled sexual maturity to others in the species.

Triceratops babies had tiny horns atop their head. "Teenagers" had horns pointing backward. In adults, the horns changed direction and pointed forward. Researchers show that the horns were probably not used in battle (against meat-eaters), but mostly a sexual display ... and probably used in breeding-season "fencing;" much like antlers on a moose.

Triceratops' had horns ... we have hair. Don't think so? What signals do black hair vs. grey hair send? The triceratops would not allow photos of their horns!

#125514 - 12/22/17 12:17 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Michael Bono]
Krasnaja Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By Michael Bono
If you can find it, there is a well-done documentary on our favorite dinosaur: the triceratops.

Paleontologists conclude that the trademark horns changed shape as the "tri" aged and reached sexual maturity. It had been thought that there were several different species ... but now (after finding lots of youngsters and adolescent dinos) the fossils show that the size and direction of the horns changed ... and signaled sexual maturity to others in the species.

Triceratops babies had tiny horns atop their head. "Teenagers" had horns pointing backward. In adults, the horns changed direction and pointed forward. Researchers show that the horns were probably not used in battle (against meat-eaters), but mostly a sexual display ... and probably used in breeding-season "fencing;" much like antlers on a moose.

Triceratops' had horns ... we have hair. Don't think so? What signals do black hair vs. grey hair send? The triceratops would not allow photos of their horns!

Hello, Michael!
Thank You to look at my topic.
I wanted to ask, if I can: I am sure, You had so many patients with laser stimulated hair on the face. How long, regarding Your expirience, does it take to finish one of this cases?
I know that it should take aprox. 18 months, but why some trying to solve this problem 4 years?...
Sorry for stupid question smile

#125525 - 12/24/17 06:00 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

This is not a stupid question.
For body work, the treatment can take less than 1 year. It could be more time for female face because of the big amount of immature follicules (thus invisible the first day you began the treatment) which will develop into visible hair with time.
Working on removing vellus hair (fine, low-pigmented, quite short) is the way to prevent the growth of new terminal hair.

Why some consumers get 4 years treatment? It depends on the protocole. Let’s think we need around 80 hours for Total Time Treatment (TTT) in your case. (It is an example). You can decide to do these 80 hours during 9-18 months. However, for some reasons you can also do 20 hours of electrolysis each year and the treatment will take 4 years in this case.
(This example works only in the case of electrolysis properly done)

I hope you got some answer to your question

Edited by adrien_sanchiz (12/24/17 06:06 AM)

#125526 - 12/24/17 10:52 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

A little while back, a colleague said that "Josefa picks and chooses her clients." She does not! ... I DO!

Now that I'm an old dude, I only want to hit "home runs" all the time. Nicely, we have a brilliant electrologist in town that takes the more difficult cases.

Presently, I only work on body hair that is fully established. And, sorry to say, I will (usually) not take a person who has had laser treatments (lots of them with poor results ... especially hair stimulation!).

Point being: when I give an estimate, I want it to be accurate. With many female faces (depending on their age and past treatments, i.e., laser) you never quite know how the treatments will go. I have had decades of "complaints and tears" and now I just want to sit back on my big fat ever-expanding "behind" and hit home-runs every time. And, I do!

And, that's the beauty of it ... we CAN take on the clients we want.

#125527 - 12/25/17 06:35 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Laser stimulated cases are my most disliked cases for the reasons you talk about Michael. Its wonderful to be able to predict the course of treatment with great accuracy but with a laser stimulated case its impossible to predict anything. I have a longstanding post LHR client that I still see for 45 minutes bimonthly and I have been treating her for 7 years. And in this case its the non hormonal areas that are still persisting, upper arms and lower legs. A very unusual case. Initially I was only treating her face but by now I have been treating her lower legs (leftover hairs) for at least three years, perhaps four.

#125534 - 12/26/17 04:44 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Ditto on everything above, Christine. I spend a lot of my time explaining to my laser clients that there may be no typical predictable outcome. I was totally perplexed a couple years back when this woman was coming to me for a few very coarse hairs here and there on her underarms and bikini and it just kept coming over four + years. The laser actually did a great job, but there was definitely a problem with a few hairs (and they were very coarse) showing up on a regular basis. It's like hundreds of hairs were cast to sleep by laser and woke up slowly over the next several years, one by one. The client thinks they are "coming back". Of course, this makes me look bad and the client thinks I'm giving them some sleek BS when I try to explain that these hairs have never been treated with electrolysis before because of their size. If I had treated them, and they slid out of the follicle with no resistance, they would have been gone. If there were a few hair stem cells left behind, the hair may have returned, but it would have returned as a finer hair. The electrologist gets the brunt of ill-feelings from laser clients who feel betrayed.

I'm almost at the point where I'm not going to take laser hair stimulation facial cases. I may devise a form for them to sign, before they start treatment, so they know what we can be up against as electrologists try to correct problems left behind.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#125535 - 12/26/17 07:21 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes, Dee Dee ...

Of course the experts believe that the laser does it's work by heat ... thermal injury. We know what such an injury is, because electrologists do it all the time to follicles.

However, stimulating hair growth? Delaying hair growth for years? Altering the shedding cycle? None of these effects are from thermal damage only. If thermal damage (only) is causing these effects, I have yet to hear an idea about WHY this is happening.

Something is happening at the cellular level that is not yet understood. All of these oddities will be described in the future when more evidence is gathered. Laser is a massive experiment and let's hope there are no deadly side-effects. Such effects take many years to ascertain.

Meanwhile, the guinea pigs keep showing up; God bless 'em!

#125536 - 12/26/17 10:24 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

After a while, I said to myself, "What the hell is going on here!!?". I know how to disable hair follicles. I was double punching her very coarse hair follicles. They slide completely, with for glistening bulbs - no traction - text book perfect. A month later, she's back for a few more very coarse hairs and it went on like this for years. She finally said she had gone back to school and wouldn't be seeing me for awhile. I think she was finding a nice way to give up.

If we could mark hairs somehow, well, that would be wonderful, but we can't. I'm sure that all of the hairs I treated were new growth because I was seeing her once a month and getting her cleared.. It was very weird. I would expect this for facial cases, but not for body work. very strange and I don't know how this can be studied to prove what I have observed to be happening.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#125537 - 12/26/17 11:32 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I've experienced this too Dee ...

In spite of all the data and research, there is still a lot unknown about the cells in the skin. Just in my career's lifetime, we started talking about stem cells.

We all get so comfortable with such natural wonders as light, electricity, magnetism, gravity. We think we know these ... but there is still a mystery behind them all. And, biology is even more complex.

#125538 - 12/27/17 04:18 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Loc: New Mexico
@dee I understand now what it means to have regrowth.

Edited by Stephgold (12/27/17 04:18 AM)

#125539 - 12/27/17 11:20 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

in 2011/2012 ( may 2011 to june 2012) I did 12 sessions of laser with what I believe was an alexandrite laser. Performed by students of an esthetics school here in town. It seemed to remove some hair? I still had every bit a full beard however, and the results were horribly patchy,you would end up with a square inch of bare skin next to another square inch of the densest hair growth you've seen. It costs me somewhere in the neibourhood of $1500 over that year, not money I could really afford either. I sure as heck couldnt afford electrolysis. I was forced to stay home to care for an autistic child and so had zero income.
In 2012 and into 2013 I started electrolysis, 10-12 hours, at the same school, all blend.It was about this time , and for about 18 months following, that I started to do self electrolysis.Lots of it. Hundreds of hours. Inside 6 months my face was clear, and by 14 months I was done all but the neck ( which still isnt finished 5 years later!!!) I began at that point doing cleanup sessions every 2-6 months.
In the time frame since then, I've continued the cleanup sessions. not every day, but every few months or so I would spend 45 minutes or an hour working on my face. I know that on a few occasions, my drug balance hs been off leading to elevated testosterone at times ( mostly due to drug shortages for my antiandrogen) but in 5 years, the hair hasnt stopped coming. It's not like when I had the full brard, they come in sporadically.Also in that time frame, I've completed multiple cases, and in those cases, where laser was not performed, the hair has stayed gone.But in my case, well, I know tht in abnother 4-5 months, it will be time for another cleanup session.

There is zero doubt in my mind, that laser delays a percentage of hair follicles, and that these hairs will regrow some years into the future.I know over the years, some people here have said " it must be something you are doing, you must not be really killing the hairs". Thing is, if that were the case, those finished cases ( that havent had laser) would be coming back. None of them have.

I get so much lashback when I bring up this issue, that I've stopped bringing it up.

Seana

#125540 - 12/27/17 11:45 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Your experience can be corroborated by hundreds (thousands?) of cases. The "backlash" only comes from people who don't have a solid explanation for your REAL experience. Eventually, we will have a science-based reason for "delayed hair growth."

At this point, I only have questions. Suppositions don't do it for me. Furthermore, people with reasonable laser experiences do not therefore negate the odd (and growing) experiences of post-laser patients.

For example, I had Lasik in 1998 from the top guy at UCLA (Robert Maloney). Finally now, they are identifying the minor difficulties I'm having (and have noticed for years) ... that were caused by laser eye surgery ... and now well-documented.

Sadly, it usually takes decades to establish a cause-and-effect relationship between "products" and negative effects. How many decades did it take to prove that smoking causes lung cancer? How many years did physicians recommend smoking to "calm your nerves?"

#125541 - 12/27/17 11:50 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Just for giggles. When I saw Maloney, in his private office, his staff said he performed 35 Lasik procedures each day ... at a cost of $5,000 (5-days per week). He retired for a few years, but is back doing procedures. Can you count that high?

His office looked like a hotel lobby and "beyond first class." It was a virtual factory.

#125542 - 12/27/17 12:18 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

That's 70 eyeballs a day at about 2 minutes per eyeball, which is 140 minutes, which is a little less than 2.5 hours of actual lasering per day.

35 X $5,000 = $175,000 per day X 5 days a week = $875,000

Really!? I'm not an envious person. Good for him!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#125543 - 12/27/17 07:11 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
hairy Harry Offline
Major Contributor

I had hair stimulating while having Lazer treatmet (chin area) ... I didn't know that Lazer could do this... When I started to have electricity treatment my specialiset didn't ask questions... Is it normal for the electrolysis to ask?

#125544 - 12/27/17 08:04 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: dfahey]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By dfahey
That's 70 eyeballs a day at about 2 minutes per eyeball, which is 140 minutes, which is a little less than 2.5 hours of actual lasering per day.

35 X $5,000 = $175,000 per day X 5 days a week = $875,000

Really!? I'm not an envious person. Good for him!

Highest paid doctor in NY is a urologist who made $7 Million dollars last year mostly from prostate cancer surgeries. Some of these doctors are earning based on their brand-name empire and not necessarily superior skills. America was built on brand-name capitalism. I envy the Kardashians. Most people ask why they're famous but decades later they're still making millions off their last-name for no reason. smile

#125546 - 12/27/17 08:33 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

hairy harry, I ask every client about their skins history and if they have had laser, otherwise its impossible to advise them on their treatment properly and have expectations met. I expect this is the same with most electrologists.

#125557 - 12/29/17 06:58 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
hairy Harry Offline
Major Contributor

Seana, I wasn't asked anything, I was just told what not to do, like, not to shave or pluck... I think she was good and got results but I don't really know as she was the only electrolysis I ever went to.

#125587 - 01/01/18 03:51 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Iluv2zap]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

seana! interesting. what about the cases of those not on hormone replacement therapy who had laser induced hair growth. are those people continuing to need electrolysis for 5+ years as well?

Edited by Stephgold (01/01/18 03:51 PM)

#125590 - 01/02/18 01:18 AM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I think I have cleared up laser induced hair stimulation cases because I haven't heard from clients for a long time. I wish clients would drop me an email or text me years down the road and let me know how they are doing. I ask them to do so, but I never hear a peep, so I assume they are happy and just don't think about their facial hair anymore because that is no longer a concern.

If you get cleared every 4-6 weeks....... If you don't do ANYTHING that pulls out the hair while having electrolysis , then you will most likely finish and be happy in about 12-18 months. Electrolysis works, but it is not magical. Electrolysis cannot stop new hair from stimulating in the future. It cannot undo any weirdness to the hair growth cycles that laser reduction may have caused. Hair is a tough enemy. Hair is stealthy. Hair growth can be unpredictable. This is why we can't be cut and dry with answers to your excellent questions.

Your plan should be to patiently lay on the table and attack / punch out the bothersome hairs. Keep doing this until there are no bothersome hairs to punch. Let time pass and soon you will discover that your plan is working. You will know when it's time to stop because things will get boring. There will be no more bothersome hair to focus on anymore........... until Mother Nature decides to stimulate some new hair follicles???
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#125595 - 01/02/18 05:19 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Krasnaja]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Stephgold I dont understand how HRT is relevant to what happens post laser and at least hald my clientele arent even transgender. .What I can tell you is what I see is pretty consistent between myself and the experiences of the clients I've had who did laser beforehand.If they did laser, I see the delayed follicles coming back and it tends to stretch out electrolysis treatment because hairs we've never seen or treated before keep coming in for several years.

#125640 - 01/13/18 11:40 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Iluv2zap]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

I'm amazed that none of your electrologists has adequately explained the process nor anything about hair growth cycles to you? Its going to take 12-18 months to effect permanency. During that time you can expect hair to come in in ever dwindling amounts until eventually its all gone.I am doing my second set of sessions this month with a clietn of pakistani heritage who has just such a caase similar to yours. Except, I wont get anywhere near clearance for quite a while as there is just too much over the body and face for me to addrress so for her, it will take much longer than 18 months .This can be very hard on you emotionally, but stick with the process and the hair will be gone.

Seana

You give the best most candid responses. You are appreciated.

#125641 - 01/13/18 11:42 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: Iluv2zap]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Stephgold I dont understand how HRT is relevant to what happens post laser and at least hald my clientele arent even transgender. .What I can tell you is what I see is pretty consistent between myself and the experiences of the clients I've had who did laser beforehand.If they did laser, I see the delayed follicles coming back and it tends to stretch out electrolysis treatment because hairs we've never seen or treated before keep coming in for several years.

Ahhhh. I don’t know. You mentioned you are on HRT and I thought it was related to hair growth if the levels of hormone fluctuate if you go on or off therapy. I thought I read that in your post? Hmm I guess not judging by your response. I was asking if your laser patients are on HRT and if they aren’t then I guess I have a long road ahead of me.

Edited by Stephgold (01/13/18 11:43 PM)

#125642 - 01/13/18 11:49 PM Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. [Re: dfahey]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By dfahey
I think I have cleared up laser induced hair stimulation cases because I haven't heard from clients for a long time. I wish clients would drop me an email or text me years down the road and let me know how they are doing. I ask them to do so, but I never hear a peep, so I assume they are happy and just don't think about their facial hair anymore because that is no longer a concern.

If you get cleared every 4-6 weeks....... If you don't do ANYTHING that pulls out the hair while having electrolysis , then you will most likely finish and be happy in about 12-18 months. Electrolysis works, but it is not magical. Electrolysis cannot stop new hair from stimulating in the future. It cannot undo any weirdness to the hair growth cycles that laser reduction may have caused. Hair is a tough enemy. Hair is stealthy. Hair growth can be unpredictable. This is why we can't be cut and dry with answers to your excellent questions.

Your plan should be to patiently lay on the table and attack / punch out the bothersome hairs. Keep doing this until there are no bothersome hairs to punch. Let time pass and soon you will discover that your plan is working. You will know when it's time to stop because things will get boring. There will be no more bothersome hair to focus on anymore........... until Mother Nature decides to stimulate some new hair follicles???

See I agree. Bc there have been studies following laser patients about 3 years out and that’s all. We don’t know for sure if laser is the reason a person gets more hair or not. I mean it could be their own genetics. I wish someone could study when the effects of laser wears off. I know most need a “touch up” yearly.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Pls help: What is/are settings for curly follicle?
by melb_aussie
2 seconds ago
Reaction to tea tree oil: aftercare
by stoppit&tidyup
Today at 06:03 AM
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by Kate Blue
Yesterday at 01:15 AM
Guidance on after care
by fenix
07/18/18 07:57 PM
All about Laser Hair Removal (LHR) in a long shot
by Silvana
07/17/18 02:51 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9689
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3450
Who's Online
1 registered (melb_aussie), 128 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod