Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124329 - 07/15/17 11:02 AM Re: Over the counter numbing cream [Re: Ilovemusic3]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
I noticed an ad on TV. Seems Blue-Emu is producing a lidocane compound. Has anybody tried it ?

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

Thread Sponsors
#124352 - Today at 02:39 AM Re: Over the counter numbing cream [Re: Ilovemusic3]
yb Online

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
I'll say this since no one else did.
Some people are indeed very sensitive, but most people can handle electrolysis.

The first thing that I would rule out is a bad electrologist, because it is not only the discomfort you are dealing with, but also the effectiveness of your treatment could be compromised.

Get test patches from different electrologists in your area, and you may just be surprised to discover that they all are not created equal. I get clients coming to me all the time with stories about the pain they used to endure with another electrologist, and/or that they've been in treatment for 2 years or longer without visible results.

Also, before giving your verdict on a topical, make sure that you are applying it correctly: a thick layer, occluded with a plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out, 60-90 minutes before treatment. Most 5% Lidocaine creams and gels are effective if used correctly, even the cheap ones you can buy on Amazon

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Over the counter numbing cream
by yb
02:39 AM
How to find an electrologist in your area
by Iluv2zap
10:27 PM
How to Target leftover hair- can I draw on myself?
by joben
07/19/17 08:50 PM
Great Elec. in Florida
by astro
07/19/17 01:27 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
07/19/17 12:12 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9520
James W. Walker VII 8028
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3094
Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod