Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124251 - 06/26/17 05:31 AM Re: Ripped Off? [Re: Fuzzypeaches]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
Mhmm, I hope You are aware, that You more or less outed Your electrologist?

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

Thread Sponsors
#124253 - 06/26/17 12:03 PM Re: Ripped Off? [Re: Fuzzypeaches]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I dont think your expectations have been set correctly.

It is impossible for any electrologist to estimate on hair that has been tweezed repeatedly , most especially in the 3 months prior to electrolysis. there is no possible way we can know how much hair you have tweezed out. Given that you admit to doing so for well over a decade prior it is likely to be a CONSIDERABLE amount of hair, and that's justthe stuff you CANT see. There is going to be an 8-12 week minimum eriod if you tweeze a hair before that hair will regrow.

Whatever time you spent in the first 3 months doing hair removal , assuming you were attaining full clearances by the end of that period, will be your starting point at making any estimates.If you didnt obtain full clearance in that first 3 months the hair growth would carry over into the next 3 month period. It's going to be ever diminishing amounts for every 3 month period after that for a minimum of 12-18 months for the face.

I've seen serious plucking cases go well in excess off 130 hours in the first 10 months of treatment. 10 hours? Not a snowballs chance in hell. And YES some hairs, will regrow and be removed more than once during that process. There is not an electrologist on the planet that can quote you a 100% kill rate. This is how the process works.

Your electrologist is NOT responsible for your previous plucking, nor are they responsible for your hair growth.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#124254 - 06/26/17 12:22 PM Re: Ripped Off? [Re: Fuzzypeaches]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By Fuzzypeaches
There are hairs that we have treated multiple times over 50 hours. I know this because there are clusterings of thick coarse dark hairs in amongst a lot of fine light hair which I have been tweezing for over a decade, and some grow a certain way (curly, weird angle etc) that I remember because they were such a pain to tweeze.

These hairs sound like they are severely distorted hair follicles from repeated tweezing.

Thermolysis is almost, but not quite, useless against such hairs because you cannot tell where the follicle parts you need to destroy are, and may not be able to acess them even if you do. The solution is sometimes to use blend on these distorted follicles because the liquid lye accesses all parts of the follicle , whereas the heat from thermolysis we cant quite get there.
It's likely however your electrologist is proceeding in thermolysis to get rid of the bulk of hair that is NOT severely distorted, and will clean up these hairs at the end with blend, which might be a little less efficient for the large volume of hair. If distorted hairs are returning, its because they arent dead. They arent dead because they are severely distorted from plucking.Again this is not an unusual scenario.They can be killed.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Over the counter numbing cream
by yb
02:39 AM
How to find an electrologist in your area
by Iluv2zap
10:27 PM
How to Target leftover hair- can I draw on myself?
by joben
07/19/17 08:50 PM
Great Elec. in Florida
by astro
07/19/17 01:27 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
07/19/17 12:12 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9520
James W. Walker VII 8028
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3094
Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod