Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124401 - 07/27/17 09:31 PM Help.. i'm lost. LHR doesn't seem to be working
eerd Offline
Member

Registered: 07/27/15
Posts: 1
Hi, 23 male (I have hair almost everywhere including throat area and sides of my neck) here who has been undergoing LHR for 3 years now. Have had about 11 treatments with the lightsheer DUET (with the big head) on my back, shoulder and upperarm area. But not even a percentage of hair reduction has occured. The amount of hair actually increased. The treatments themselves are pretty succesfull. After 2,5 weeks 80% sheds and falls off, while the other 20% i have to remove with a tweezer (no force needed, just comes out.) 8 weeks later the hair slowly comes back and at week 10 i go into my next treatment after i have been shaving for a week to get the hairs coarser again(for better treatment ofc) But im still baffled as to why there is still no reduction.

So i went to another practitioner, a dermatologist (the other one was beautysalon with a licensed practitioner) and did one treatment there with the SOPRANO ice alexandrite. Because i have so much hair they couldnt possibly get good chunks of hair off with that tiny head, so i had to go for a 2nd time, which bummed me out so i stopped going there (also double the price).

I actually got my asscrack done there (the dermatologist) for 4 treatments and the reduction on that part was like 95% and im still hairless there. The last treatment was 1,5 years ago. That was also with a lightsheer but with a small head.

I also read that some parts of your body just react differently, so i dont know if this actually is an indication that that LASER was the definitive factor. And they are both lightsheers so yeah..

WAxing is no option as it scars me really really badly. Electrolysis would take ages per treatment, so that would cost a lot of time, as i have a hair every 2mm.
For now im just going with the lightsheer DUET, because the treatments are succesfull. But after so many treatments, i feel like im wasting money and the last treatment there didnt go so well and i got a lot of pimples this time, which is what caused me to make this post.

(I have pale skin and coarse black hair).

Im not sure how to formulate a question here, i think this is just a cry for help and i would love to hear your thoughts as to what i could or should do next. I would greatly appreciate it.

Top
Sponsored Links
#124403 - 07/27/17 11:47 PM Re: Help.. i'm lost. LHR doesn't seem to be working [Re: eerd]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Registered: 11/19/14
Posts: 1150
to the electrologist you shall go....
_________________________
Seana Richmond
Certified Electrologist.
Electrolysis By Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Top
#124404 - 07/28/17 05:28 PM Re: Help.. i'm lost. LHR doesn't seem to be working [Re: eerd]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Registered: 08/02/13
Posts: 293
Loc: France, Spain
You said electrolysis would take ages... but at the end with a good electrologist you will finish removing all unwanted hair in less than the 3 years you already dedicated with LHR.
_________________________
Licensed electrologist and esthetician.
http://adrien-sanchiz-electrolysis.blogspot.fr/

Top
#124406 - 07/29/17 09:59 AM Re: Help.. i'm lost. LHR doesn't seem to be working [Re: eerd]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Registered: 01/11/11
Posts: 3183
Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Electrolysis (and laser for that matter) is extremely dependent on the skill of the operator. There is no "electrolysis," because times and results vary so dramatically there is no standard. The difference between a great technician and a "bad" one are frightening ...

Top

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Advice for customers.
by fenix
46 minutes 41 seconds ago
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 05:46 PM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
12/09/17 07:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3183
Who's Online
1 registered (atticusfata), 111 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod