Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124729 - 09/22/17 09:47 PM My Skin Years After Last Session
dj355 Offline
Contributor

Hi

I underwent electrolysis from Spring 2013 to January 2015, and suffered from severe redness and hyperpigmentation throughout the process. After the last session, I decided to give it some time to heal, because I had heard that within 18 months or so, my skin would return to its normal pigment. I should preface by saying that I believe my reaction was not normal throughout the process. Rather than small red spots on my skin after each session like most people, my skin was dark red/brown all the way across in the entire general area.

Pictures of my skin currently: The degree of darkness looks very different depending on the lighting

After waiting and seeing my skin still look like hell, I decided to look into some solutions only this summer. I tried 4% hydroquinone for about 6 weeks over summer (using sunscreen during the day) and saw no improvement. Also, my skin was bright red and HOT whenever the cream was on my skin.

If hydroquinone wasn't working for me, is there anything else that could? Did I wait too long to address the issue? Is my skin damaged beyond repair?

If you have any solutions, please please share! Thanks.

Edited by dj355 (09/22/17 10:24 PM)

Thread Sponsors
#124731 - 09/23/17 10:22 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

hyperpigmentation is part of the healing process itself, and therefore there is nothingyou can really put on the skin to "help it along" . You are best leaving it alone. Letting it fade before you resume electrolysis however is silly, because it will just happen again. I'd look at how the electrologist is working though if you are getting that kind of reaction. Inquire as to what they are using for settings, and whether an insulated needle is being used. It's very possible the excess skin reaction is due to overtreatment or High Frequency short to the epidermis. Try out another electrologist if you can to see if a different technique makes it reduce or become more tolerable.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#124732 - 09/23/17 12:42 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
WeRNotAfraid Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Dallas
The pictures aren't loading so I cannot see them. Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation CAN sometimes be permanent but is treatable. I would see the same doctor who prescribed the hydroquinone and ask about trying Tri-Luma, which combines hydroquinone with Retin-A and an anti-inflammatory drug to treat pigment problems with less irritation. You might also consider glycolic acid peels but use caution and only go to a trained professional as in the wrong hands they can actually make pigment issues worse. Use sun protection daily, and NEVER let anybody near you with a laser or IPL.

#124735 - 09/23/17 02:41 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: Iluv2zap]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

I've actually stopped using electrolysis and don't plan to do it anymore. Besides, almost all of the hair is gone at this point, so it's pointless at this point. Those are all good ideas, unfortunately I lived in a small town, so I didn't have much choice with who I went with

#124736 - 09/23/17 02:48 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: WeRNotAfraid]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

WeRNotAfraid, I was doing some research and glycolic acid peels came up as well. Is there a good chance it would work, even though hydroquinone didn't? I understand the scientific process is a bit different: while hydroquinone inhibits production of melanin, glycolic acid peels remove the top layer of skin (to hopefully the type of skin pre-electrolysis?)

Edited by dj355 (09/23/17 03:25 PM)

#124737 - 09/23/17 03:23 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

I tried reuploading the images. I think it should work now

[img:center][/img]

[img:center][/img]

#124739 - 09/24/17 04:22 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
In what general location did you have electrolysis? I've seen some pretty aggressive video's of electrolysis being performed in different countries that made me cringe with fear for the skin.

With electrolysis or laser, hyperpigmentation can be a temporary side effect, but always fades. Interfering with the healing process, by using all kinds of remedies not called for, may not be helpful and may actually make things worse. Sun exposure can be another culprit. I don't know enough about your "particulars" to understand why there is prolonged darkening there. Your next step is to follow doctor's advice on cosmetic options because you waited a long time to heal and it isn't working.

Do you have any BEFORE pictures?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#124740 - 09/24/17 04:51 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dfahey]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By dfahey
In what general location did you have electrolysis? I've seen some pretty aggressive video's of electrolysis being performed in different countries that made me cringe with fear for the skin.

With electrolysis or laser, hyperpigmentation can be a temporary side effect, but always fades. Interfering with the healing process, by using all kinds of remedies not called for, may not be helpful and may actually make things worse. Sun exposure can be another culprit. I don't know enough about your "particulars" to understand why there is prolonged darkening there. Your next step is to follow doctor's advice on cosmetic options because you waited a long time to heal and it isn't working.

Do you have any BEFORE pictures?

I had electrolysis done while going to school in a small midwest town, where there weren't many options. I managed to stay out of the sun throughout the treatment process but I may have prematurely started going back out in the sun, after my last session. I waited about 6-8 weeks before I started being exposed to the sun again. In hindsight, I guess this wasn't long enough.

I don't have any pictures pre-electrolysis unfortunately, I will look around if I do.

I spoke with a dermatologist, and he suggested glycolic acid peels and microdermabrasion, though he didn't seem optimistic since according to him, the skin has already healed by now, so I'm lacking in optimism as well.

#124744 - 09/24/17 09:06 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Mystery solved! In talking with DJ355, it appears he has been plucking the area post electrolysis ( I thought those lines looked awful tidy) .

For the benfit of anyone who does not know, hyperpigmentation always resolves within 18 months, because that is when the skin has completed it's healing process ( usually before that). However, if you continue to cause more hyperpigmentation then it will take just as long to diminish. Plucking, waxing, threading laser, and electrolysis ALL cause hyperpigmentation and so unless you cease all of these things new hyperpigmentation can still develop. Amoung those particularly prone to hyperpigmentation are olive complexioned people, such as you might find in greece, the middle east, and neibouring areas such as pakistan.

Hope this information helps a few people currently posting smile

Seana

#124745 - 09/24/17 10:02 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I had one client, a young white woman who developed hyperpigmentation after using an over the counter medication on a cold sore in the lower corner of her mouth. Months later, she had hyperpig and went to a dermatologist, who ordered a prescription. I don't know what it was, but it didn't help. I saw her last week for a touch up on her chin and the hyperpig is still there after a little over two years. It is not as bad, but it is still there.

Seana made some good points. All I can say is 99.9% of hyperpig resolves on its own in 3 weeks??? to 18 months??? I scraped my ankle in the summer of 2016 getting off my exercise bike. The pedal hit my ankle as it was still moving and I had a 3 inch cut. I still exhibit signs of the skin healing - a brown line that is much better than it was 6 months ago, but it is still there.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#124753 - 09/25/17 02:31 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

If I cease plucking and wear sunscreen each time I go out now, given that my skin has already healed from electrolysis, will that be enough for the hyperpigmentation to fade?

I'm a little doubtful, what should I do to speed up the process?

#124754 - 09/25/17 03:41 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I don't know. You can always try.

Over the counter remedies are usually not strong enough. Another professional opinion was suggested before. Are you amenable to that idea?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#124755 - 09/25/17 05:53 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

I'm definitely willing to give other cosmetic stuff a try.

Generally, which are more effective- glycolic acid peels or topical creams? And most definitely, I will avoid the over-the-counter ones, because I don't seem to have much luck with them!

#124756 - 09/25/17 07:46 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
EmancipatedElect Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Rochester, NY
I developed some weird itchy dark spots on my back in 2014. I went to a dermatologist and was given a preliminary diagnosis of macular amyloidosis, becker's nevus, and PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation). After a biopsy, it was determined to be PIH.

The dermatologist then prescribed a mixture of tretinoin, hydroquinone and a steroid cream. After 6 months of applying it twice a day, I still didn't have any improvement.

After that didn't work, he wanted to prescribe another cream (I don't remember the name right now), that was extremely expensive. I opted not to pay that much given the failure of the previous topical treatments...

He then recommended ruby laser treatment and did a test patch of 3 different settings. A few weeks later, you could clearly identify the three test areas and we went with the setting that provided the best result. 3 treatments and $1500 later, I still see those 3 distinct test patches, but it doesn't look like my pigmentation faded any.

Taking my knowledge of PIH as an electrologist, I decided to do what I should have done to begin with and just let it heal itself. It'll be a year since my last treatment soon and the PIH is still there. The main reason why I even considered treatment in the first place, is the itching can become unbearable at times, but the failed treatment has probably aggravated the situation more. The itching is still there and perhaps I should see another dermatologist, but I have an ugly scar now from the punch used to take the biopsy.

TLDR - consider just leaving it alone and letting it heal rather than trying to force it to heal or else you might prolong the problem.

#124757 - 09/25/17 09:55 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Skin can be a real challenge. Dee Dee agree's with EE! If you are "gotta do something type of guy", then do what you think will make you feel better, but know that Mother Nature is smarter than all of us, if you are patient.

So, the area treated has nor hair growth?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#124758 - 09/25/17 11:00 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Michael Bono Online

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
My head exploded ...

Hummm ... the term is "Post INFLAMMATORY hyperpigmentation." That means the pigmentation is caused when your skin is inflamed!

Tweezing out hairs, getting laser treatments, using various peels and creams, ALL ... hold on to your butt ... CAUSE INFLAMMATION!

Dude, you are working against yourself BIG TIME! I have 40-years of watching PIH from electrolysis totally go away. YOU ARE MAKING IT WORSE!

Really, I can't recommend anything ... I "give up!" Oh, FIRE your dermatologist!

#124760 - 09/26/17 10:12 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

KABOOM!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#124761 - 09/26/17 12:48 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I'll just leave this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec-8A5k16Ak

I love how what I've said consistently, is only now sinking in . YES...PLEASE...leave it alone.

Seana

#124762 - 09/26/17 08:06 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Michael Bono Online

Top 10 Contributor

Dee Dee and Seana ... you made me laugh.

To the original dude ... maybe this might answer a couple questions for you? check it out ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdCc7C4jNCE&list=PLeYuCaeN4D7OyL70UHMoqaKJcyYSO7u0d

#124763 - 09/26/17 09:11 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dfahey]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By dfahey
Skin can be a real challenge. Dee Dee agree's with EE! If you are "gotta do something type of guy", then do what you think will make you feel better, but know that Mother Nature is smarter than all of us, if you are patient.

So, the area treated has nor hair growth?

Yes, the area treated has pretty much no hair grownth left, just thin hairs that I'll just trim rather than pluck, thanks to everyone's advice.

I'm fine with taking a no action approach, but my worry now is that the 2.5 years of sun exposure that I prematurely I got. How is that going to affect/impair the disappearance of PIH?

#124764 - 09/27/17 12:40 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

When I think of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH), the word PATIENCE runs through my brain. Epidermal (surface) postinflammatory hypergpig can take 6-12 months to fade. Deeper pigment PIH may take YEARS to fade, thus, the need for constant reassurance that TIME and PATIENCE is required to manage this condition.

Some quick points:

- PIH does not require treatment and will likely improve with time.

- Focus on treating the underlying inflammation - Once electrolysis or laser
is finished, the skin can be left alone to heal in peace.

- SUN PROTECTION - use a minimum of 30 SPF to prevent PIH. It is especially
important for people of color to use SPF or even a block.

- Avoid possible irritants: irritating topical medications, alcohol,
witch hazel, astringents, fragrances

- There are medical therapies such as, topical hydroquinone (4% is better)
retinoids, kojic acid, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, chemical peels
combination therapy (a topical steroid + a retinoid + hydroquinone cream).
With hydroquinone, there has been concerns because some lab rats
were given the stuff orally and developed malignant tumors. In humans,
darkening of the skin can occur, so that's not helpful. I believe it was banned
in Europe?

- Having acne is a big contributor to PIH and that's where the benzoyl
peroxide comes in handy, along with topical retinoids and chemical peels

Any trauma to the skin, slight insult or huge trauma, from acne, bug bites, any type of boo-boo to a zebra kicking you in the knee can cause PostInflammatory Hyperpigmentation. Time and lots of patience is the best cure, but there are some other approaches that may speed things up (or prolong it?). Who knows for sure because individual skin types and immune systems vary so much.

I'm sorry to know about your exposure to the sun, but glad to hear that the majority of hair is gone.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#124765 - 09/27/17 09:02 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Michael Bono Online

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks for all the information Dee ... appreciated.

#124767 - 09/27/17 10:52 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Most welcome, Michael. I cleaned up some grammatical errors just now. It is not good to write anything while watching tv late at night. One of my favorite series is Outlanders and I was catching up on that. There is lots of war (with the British), torture, raiding clans (and sex) and just plain hard, hard living for people in 18th century Scotland. I can only imagine the gross amount PostInflammatory Hyperpigmentation people walked around with from that time period. Battle scars, nonetheless, are very real, whether it be from the conflict or war with other men or the conflict of war with hair.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#124830 - 10/04/17 08:55 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: Iluv2zap]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
Mystery solved! In talking with DJ355, it appears he has been plucking the area post electrolysis ( I thought those lines looked awful tidy) .

For the benfit of anyone who does not know, hyperpigmentation always resolves within 18 months, because that is when the skin has completed it's healing process ( usually before that). However, if you continue to cause more hyperpigmentation then it will take just as long to diminish. Plucking, waxing, threading laser, and electrolysis ALL cause hyperpigmentation and so unless you cease all of these things new hyperpigmentation can still develop. Amoung those particularly prone to hyperpigmentation are olive complexioned people, such as you might find in greece, the middle east, and neibouring areas such as pakistan.

Hope this information helps a few people currently posting smile

Seana

I have a question about this. As you know it's been well over 18 months since I finished electrolysis. So when do I reset the clock? What new timeline am I looking at? Assuming I'm taking all the necessary precautions now with regard to sun and not inflaming the skin..

#124831 - 10/04/17 09:36 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

anywhere from a few month, to 18 months, starting from when you cease causing inflammation to the skin

Edited by Iluv2zap (10/04/17 09:37 PM)

#124900 - 10/10/17 07:58 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

I was speaking to a family friend who got an open chest procedure done almost 10 years ago and developed PIH. And the hyperpigmentation and scarring are still prominently there.

A lot of people in this thread seem confident that PIH fades on its own, but the experience of this gentleman is telling me otherwise.

I went to another dermatologist and he prescribed a tranexamic acid toner with vitamin C serum to rub twice daily. It's already an improvement over hydroquinone because it's not burning my skin and making it red! Going to see if it helps

Edited by dj355 (10/10/17 08:03 PM)

#124901 - 10/10/17 10:25 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

An open chest procedure causes DEEP dermal post Inflammatory hyperpigmentation that may never heal. Electrolysis and other superficial injuries, aren't as deep and the hyperpig will fade if one is patient and leaves it alone.

Thanks for the information about the serum. Hope it helps.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#124903 - 10/10/17 10:44 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By dj355
I was speaking to a family friend who got an open chest procedure done almost 10 years ago and developed PIH. And the hyperpigmentation and scarring are still prominently there.

A lot of people in this thread seem confident that PIH fades on its own, but the experience of this gentleman is telling me otherwise.

I went to another dermatologist and he prescribed a tranexamic acid toner with vitamin C serum to rub twice daily. It's already an improvement over hydroquinone because it's not burning my skin and making it red! Going to see if it helps

You seem pretty sure we are somehow misleading you. I promise we arent, but as this is where you seem t be headed....prove us wrong.

#124906 - 10/11/17 09:51 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Michael Bono Online

Top 10 Contributor

It's actually ridiculous (in the true definition of the word) to equate "open chest surgery" to electrology. That's like comparing a fire-cracker to a stick of dynamite.

I have had several clients that went paranoid about their PIH and nobody could convince them otherwise. After some time, they just forgot the whole issue and MAGICALLY the PIH was gone as well.

Maybe that's the remedy: just forget about it and it goes away?

#124908 - 10/11/17 09:59 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Michael Bono Online

Top 10 Contributor

Being very politically incorrect let me add that the only clients that "lost it" regarding PIH have been men ... and usually ethnically from India or other areas with skin that commonly creates PIH ... Such as Italians (like ME; and YES I also get PIH "big time.")

Before I start work on anybody with PIH-sensitive skin, I do lots and lots of "vetting" and most of the time I won't work on them. At my advanced old age (ready to drop dead), I don't need the grief!

#124913 - 10/11/17 12:27 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: Iluv2zap]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
anywhere from a few month, to 18 months, starting from when you cease causing inflammation to the skin

And sometimes longer. I have a PIH spot from an accident with my inline skates close to my left elbow. This occured more than three years ago, and the PIH spot is just fading away (meanwhile only visible if You know its place).

During the recent past i had to take oral cortison against a sudden and massive breakout of Neurodermitis. That also helped with the hyperpigmentation. But to me PIH is never ever any reason to take drugs i might need in the future agains something really serious.

A slight addition to the causes of PIH: even new hairs breaking through the skin can cause PIH, and it can also occur immediately outside of an epilated spot. I see this from time to time when i do fine hair on the upper lip (but one time also in the throat area during a beard removal): hyperpigmentation just outside the area i actually did.

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

#124915 - 10/11/17 12:43 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Michael Bono Online

Top 10 Contributor

Me too, Beate. 3-years ago I have a large skin cancer on my face that required a skin graft. The surgeon cut out a 6-inch long piece of skin from my belly ... after 3-years, I still have "PIH" but it's slowly going away.

A surgical incision is not the same as the minuscule "dot-like" injury from electrology.

#124958 - 10/21/17 04:08 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

Thanks for the responses so far. I can understand now that it's different for each person.

What I can't understand is why it looks sooo drastically different in different lighting.
Sometimes I feel like the hyperpigmentation is under the outermost layer of skin even, if that makes sense.

#124959 - 10/21/17 02:32 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Are you sure its hyperpigmentation though? If it's just dark skin, there could be other causes, such as ingrown hairs.

#124960 - 10/21/17 04:36 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

It's definitely hyperpigmentation. It's a reddish dark brown patch all across the treated area that wasn't even remotely like that before I started electrolysis

#125008 - 10/28/17 05:42 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

What do you guys about chemical peels done by a professional? I was reading that it's best to do superficial peels, because they are the least likely to have a negative effect on the skin, like increased hyperpigmentation. Though, with my situation of all those years having gone by since getting electrolysis combined with all that sun damage in the interim, do you guys think superficial chemcial peels can help? Or is the pigmentation likely too deep now for that to work?

#125014 - 10/29/17 06:03 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I have nothing. I've given you the sum of my thoughts on whats going on, and honestly felt that advice was disregarded, so, unfortunately, I'm unable to help you or theorize on results for your case. Perhaps someone else has the answer you want to hear.

Where's"helen"when you need her.

Edited by Iluv2zap (10/29/17 06:07 PM)

#125015 - 10/30/17 09:58 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I just think you need to see a professional so they can assess your situation up close and personalize a treatment plan for you or perhaps they will offer no treatment plan. This not where you need to be. We can't see you.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#125279 - 11/26/17 08:56 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

I used the tranexamic acid for 8 weeks as recommended by a professional, and had no change to my hyperpigmentation. I was told in the follow-up appointment that It seems to have gotten too deep into the dermal layer of my skin for it to ever go away. Safe to say electrolysis was the worst decision of my life.

#125283 - 11/28/17 01:33 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

dj355 it is the plucking ( that you are still doing) that is causing hyperpigmentation, not whatever brief electrolysis treatments you got 3 years ago. You've insisted that electrolysis "ruined your life" repeatedly, however the evidence you've presented, doesnt support such a claim.

#125284 - 11/28/17 04:03 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

I'M NOT PLUCKING ANYMORE!!! I STOPPED OKAY! And even when I was, it was only to remove the few hairs here and there that didn't permanently go away with electrolysis. That's not what is giving me a WHOLE PATCH of PERPETUAL BROWN 5 OCLOCK SHADOW. I can't believe how patronizing some people are on here and not giving any advice of substance!!!

Edited by dj355 (11/28/17 04:07 PM)

#125286 - 11/28/17 10:11 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

There is nothing left for you to do to permanently remove hair. Electrolysis does work. I have never seen permanent hyperpigmentation from electrolysis. Unfortunately, you may be the exception.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#125290 - 11/29/17 09:52 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Michael Bono Online

Top 10 Contributor

People "on here" cannot give you any "advice of substance" because we are "on here" ... GUESSING at what your skin looks like, and guessing at what condition you have without seeing you in person. You are not getting the answers you want because you are in the wrong place.

Go to a skilled dermatologist and work with your problem. Nobody can help you on-line.

At this point, you have pretty much used up everybody's patience: nobody has the answer for you! People spent a lot of time trying to help and giving you their answers based on decades of experience. You don't like their answers ... they cannot do any more for you! Go to a physician!

#125292 - 11/29/17 11:43 AM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

well said

#125294 - 11/29/17 05:04 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
dj355 Offline
Contributor

When I say no advice of substance, I'm referring to being told to just wait or see a dermatologist. And I've done BOTH. I have been to 2 dermatologists, and I've done a lot of waiting. 3 years of waiting in fact. And the dermatologists just want to sell me their chemical peels and lasers. And I've done the best I can do by posting pictures on the first page...... I seriously question whether other members of this site understand at an emotional level what I'm dealing with. I am not a robot. I'm a human that invested quite a lot of time and money and made a lot of sacrifices for this procedure, all of which seem like a waste now. The standard response seems to be just to wait-It could take years. Is it hard to understand that this response doesn't elicit comfort or confidence, given the years that have passed with little to no improvement?

Edited by dj355 (11/29/17 05:07 PM)

#125298 - 11/29/17 11:29 PM Re: My Skin Years After Last Session [Re: dj355]
Michael Bono Online

Top 10 Contributor

Okay ... well, at least this gives you a place to "vent?"

And, as you say, there is no answer ... at least nothing any of us can provide (or the two dermatologists you consulted).

But check back in a year because, in my opinion, your problem will have resolved. Until then, try not focusing on the PIH, because other people do not notice it (they are too worried about their own faults).

Trust me, a few "dings" here-and-there will not ruin your life ... unless you think it will. I'm so covered with dings, scars and barnacles I look like an old Grey Whale. Physically I'm a mess ... but I usually wake up in the morning with a smile and willingness to forge ahead (after a cup of coffee), thru all the aches and pains and body falling apart. I helps if you stop looking in the mirror. Picasso did it when he got old and mangled ... and it worked!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
10:51 AM
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
10:48 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
12/09/17 07:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3183
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 97 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod