Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124983 - 10/25/17 01:18 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
Originally Posted By Kate Blue
There are research that strongly support the theory that, in some individuals, given time, Estradiol alone can reduce Testosterone and DHT levels to feminine range. I've already noticed some positive changes regarding feminization (no random erections, slight breast development) so I know that it is doing something. That being said, if my T/DHT levels are far from feminine range after say 6-8 months of theraphy I will consider trying Spironolactone.

My own Estradiol levels actually increased while i was fading out CPA. Actually Estradiol alone should completely suffice, if the dosis is large enough to suppress the LH level (which simply indicates the body that there is simply enough "sexual hormone" and there is no need to produce more; LH reacts both on Estradiol and Testosterone and controls the production).

Originally Posted By "Iluv2zap"
I'm going to say that with flash, it may take more than 100 hours, but it looks like your electrologist is doing things right so I could be wrong.

Thank you! You gave me some hope.

The next issue I'd like to address is the issue of the sizzling sound, or "snap" that we have come to know as high frequency blowout.

It's not ideal, but it's also not the end of the world if it's only occasional, every follicle means adjustments should be made. The solution is to adjust energy levels, adjust depth of insertion, and presto chango the issue will be resolved.I'm betting you hear it more frequently on areas like the upper lip than on the chin, and if that is the case it's most likely a depth issue.

Well, I've asked my electrologist about possible issues with insertions or energy levels but she started explaining that these are both OK (she gave me some justification). She attributes the sizzling to excessive moisture/oil in the follicle.

If I were to put a figure on it, I would say quiet sizzling (or "snap") happens every 4th hair treated and is more common on the second or third zap in the same follicle. Occasionally, a louder pop or sizzle can be heard but this happens only 5 or 6 times a session (that is, per 2 hours).

As for the place, it happens everywhere on the face but I've noticed that the thicker the hair is, the more noticeable the sound (e.g. I don't hear this a lot on the upper cheeks where the hairs are finer but I hear it frequently under the jaw line and on the sides where the hairs are the thickest).

If yours would be willing to pass on contacts for yours ( with her permission) it would help us to build a list of skilled electrologists.

I'll try to ask her about that.

Again, thank you very much for your response.
Kate. [/quote]

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

Thread Sponsors
#124986 - 10/25/17 08:18 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Thank you all for the comments. smile

#125094 - 11/09/17 12:58 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

OK, I'm back again with one more question.

Is that how hyperpigmentation looks like? (places marked with red arrows) PHOTO HERE
It is even more noticeable when you look at it from a distance - SMALLER PHOTO HERE
These areas have no visible hair on the surface but still have grey'ish / blue'ish tint.

I know you have already told me before not to worry too much about any darker areas but I'm curious if this is just a pigmentation issue or something else?
I've read some horror stories about people ending up with permament beard shadow from elecrolysis and it scared me a bit (don't know what to think about it).

As always, every response would be greatly appreciated.

#125097 - 11/09/17 05:41 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Loc: New Mexico
I have those spots too! How do we get rid of those????

#125099 - 11/09/17 09:48 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

it's a bit hard to tell ( or maybeI'm tired this morning) but yes those look like hyperpigmentation.

hyperpigmentation is a symptom/part of the healing process of the skin. When the inflamation that causes it is no longer taling place, the hyperpigmentation starts to fade. Often within a month or two, 90 percet of the time within 12 or so months ( severe cases) and always within 18 months.
watch the "healing skin " series shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viKQcBAHLOI&list=PLeYuCaeN4D7PpsKYHFJ7tKr0yJoIyTSQO
for more information. If you get a mosquito bite, or waxed, or lasered, or anything which causes inflamation to the skin like a scab or cut, then all of these can cause hyperpigmentation. In some extremely severe cases, such as is the case with deep surgical scars, hyperpigmentation can be more long lasting, but with an electrolysis treatment there is not enough inflamation for it to be long lasting at all.

So , nothing to worry about, will definitely fade away with no trace. Definitely not causing "permanent shadow" or any other manifestation.

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#125248 - 11/23/17 10:45 PM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Thank you Seana for your contribution to the topic again.

Today I took a closer look at those darkened spots on my face and I would say they look more like Melasma rather than ordinary PIH (they have highly irregular shapes and have grey-ish tint to them) but maybe I'm wrong.
I did a little bit of online research (e.g. this movie) and it turns out Melasma is often caused/aggravated by oestrogen, which I am constantly taking as a TG person.

Could it be that my thermolysis treatment interferes with the estradiol I'm on?
Should I worry about it being more long-lasting than PIH? What do you think?

#125249 - 11/23/17 11:17 PM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

If you go through the video you referenced, it mentions thatthis is common on women with darker skin tones ( asian, phillipine, indian) . You do not havea dark skin tone.
I dont believe that what I'm seeing in your pictures is malasma.
Thermolysis does not interfere with estridiol.

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#125250 - 11/23/17 11:25 PM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Well, I have also looked it up in a bunch of different sources and it seems that Melasma is just more common on the darker skin types but can sometimes happen on the white ones as well. Another thing is that my mother has something similar on her cheeks so maybe it's partially hereditary (I mean, the tendency).

But maybe you're right and this is just PIH.
Anyway, thanks for the reply. smile

#125274 - 11/25/17 10:48 PM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Ok, here's a little update on my treatment.

So far I've had 17 hours of total treatment time spread across 5 months (usually 2-hour session per 2 weeks). This is how my skin looks like 1 hour after my last 2-hour thermolysis treatment session on the cheeks, upper lip, lower lip, chin and surrounding areas:

>> Larger version here <<
The skin looks more shiny/oily than it normally is because my electrologist uses some collagen / bepanthenol cream right after the treatment.

Does it all look ok? What do you guys think?

Next thing is that I still continue to hear the sizzling / snap sound (although quiet) mentioned in the first post. I've mentioned that a couple of times to my electrologist asking her to evaluate insertions (she uses insulated probes by the way), energy levels etc. but she says everything is ok with these and that I should not worry about the sound. Not sure what to think about it...

As always, I will appreciate feedback from Hairtell professionals.

Edited by Kate Blue (11/25/17 11:12 PM)

#125305 - 12/01/17 11:10 PM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Ok, nevermind...

Today, that is exactly 7 days after my last thermolysis session, I woke up to see THIS, that is, 2 large pustules on my upper lip.
Yesterday I took a warm bath (involved some sweating) and my skin got quite red afterwards. Usually, I try not to sweat or take warm baths for 3-4 days after a session but I thought that doing that after 7 days is safe. Am I wrong?

BTW. I wiped the areas with Witch Hazel and put a dab of Tea Tree Oil in there. Do you think it will heal quickly?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
After first clearance?
by Roselake21
05:55 AM
Advice for customers.
by Roselake21
05:32 AM
Share feelings here (not questions)
by LisaRay
01:45 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
10:51 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:17 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3184
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod