Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124971 - 10/23/17 12:02 PM Moving from Alexandrite to YAG??? (Hairy male)
Hairfree Hunk Offline
Contributor

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Hello all. I am a male very closely related to a gorilla. I was pretty hairy and have undergone about 15 sessions of LHR with Alexandrite to clear it all away (everything from the neck down). Yes, fifteen sessions. My legs and belly seem to have had the best success. Chest has done well, too, but it's harder to tell because of all the grey (Hello electrologist).

My concern is that other areas haven't done well. Private areas I'd guess about 50% clear, arms about 30%.

After chatting offline with another HairTell user, he informed me that he had a similar issue and moved from Alexandrite to YAG and finally got results. He and I have the same skin and hair types; fair skin and dark hair. I haven't had any treatments in a couple years, for financial and also frustration reasons. The financial situation is changing, so before resuming, I'd like to ask the experts. Should I consider requesting YAG? Or is there another option?

Sponsored Links
#124973 - 10/23/17 02:12 PM Re: Moving from Alexandrite to YAG??? (Hairy male) [Re: Hairfree Hunk]
adrien_sanchiz Online
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: France, Spain
In addition to dedicate me to electrolysis hair removal, I worked as laser technician in a medical clinic. According to my (little) experience, Alexandrite laser use to be more effective than any others lasers if you have fair skin and coarse pigmented hair.
However you can expect a hair reduction. Some patients get good results, others have to do laser sessions regularly in order to maintain the results.

If you seek for permanent hair removal (also permanent less density) go to electrolysis. This is my best advice.

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Apilus Xcell for SALE Mint condition!
by James W. Walker VII
12:20 PM
Lasting results
by Iluv2zap
11:44 AM
Recommended machine to buy in 2017?
by TheFlyingProbe
09:11 AM
Afraid of Laser Hair Stimulation
by purple potato
07:26 AM
is thermolysis safe on asian skin?
by geri
11/15/17 11:43 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9606
James W. Walker VII 8047
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3167
Who's Online
2 registered (LRN, Chicaaa), 103 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod