Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125211 - 11/18/17 08:40 AM Re: Lasting results [Re: Chicaaa]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Loc: New Mexico
This is how I feel too. I’m seeing the same thing. Is this really permanent???

Thread Sponsors
#125212 - 11/18/17 08:42 AM Re: Lasting results [Re: Stephgold]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

To you about the Chin growth do you still have the same amount of hair?

#125213 - 11/18/17 11:44 AM Re: Lasting results [Re: Stephgold]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Stephgold,

The chin has the densest number of hair follicles of anywhere on the human body. It is a process that takes a MINIMUM of 12-18 months to overcome. If you do not have enough treatment to clear all the hair regularly over each 3 month periodm the time will be extended over which hair removal takes place.

Inflammation, is not anything to be worried about. IT happens as part of the process. In all cases the skin quality improves over the time electrolysis is performed.

While anxiety over skin reaction, the process, is all completely normal, the anxiety itself does not serve you well. The best way to overcome such anxiety is to get all the information about how the process works you can. Dont let the aniety get in your way.

I'm pretty sure I know who your electrologist is ( in the UK, first name starts with G correct?) . I can tell you she is a well qualified electrologist who knows her material very well, and she is the BEST person to explain the process to you and help you overcome the hair removal anxiety you seem to be experiencing.Have faith in what she is telling you.

Have faith in the process. Electrolysis works. You will not be left marked or scarred, and inflamation dininishes soon after treatment. IT is the ONLY way to completely remove all the bothersome hair. Having been through a full beard removal myself ( as a DIY project no less) I can unequivocally state that if you stick with the treatments, and have faith in the process, it WILL work and you will be left with a perfect result. Listen to what your electrologist is telling you, and know that you are on the right path to be rid of this problem.

Seana

Edited by Iluv2zap (11/18/17 11:51 AM)
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#125220 - 11/20/17 10:40 AM Re: Lasting results [Re: Stephgold]
WeRNotAfraid Online
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Dallas
Originally Posted By Stephgold

I had some heavy facial hair removed as well as work on my eyebrows and other areas. It's coming up on 20 years since I had these areas treated, and they are just as clear now as they were when I finished treatment. Like a lot of women I will occasionally find that a little blonde lip hair has gotten a bit darker or something and will have it zapped, but these are not "old hairs" returning but new ones caused by hormonal fluctuations. I am living proof that electrolysis is permanent.

#125221 - 11/20/17 09:42 PM Re: Lasting results [Re: WeRNotAfraid]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Very encouraging to hear this!!!!

#125224 - 11/21/17 01:28 AM Re: Lasting results [Re: WeRNotAfraid]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By WeRNotAfraid

I had some heavy facial hair removed as well as work on my eyebrows and other areas. It's coming up on 20 years since I had these areas treated, and they are just as clear now as they were when I finished treatment. Like a lot of women I will occasionally find that a little blonde lip hair has gotten a bit darker or something and will have it zapped, but these are not "old hairs" returning but new ones caused by hormonal fluctuations. I am living proof that electrolysis is permanent.

Wait so they used galvanic on you? I want to hear from someone who had thermolysis dome that has these results but from what I understand thermolysis is newer method.

#125228 - 11/21/17 09:36 AM Re: Lasting results [Re: Stephgold]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Josepha did the work on werenotafraid if I recall correctly, and no. she does not use galvanic alone generally from what I've seen. She generally uses thermolysis or blend.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#125238 - 11/22/17 02:10 PM Re: Lasting results [Re: Stephgold]
WeRNotAfraid Online
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Dallas
Originally Posted By WeRNotAfraid

Wait so they used galvanic on you? I want to hear from someone who had thermolysis dome that has these results but from what I understand thermolysis is newer method.

No, I have never had galvanic electrolysis in my life. My facial work was done by several practitioners, mostly in the South, some of which are still active and some of which are not. Thermolysis is at least 80 years old so not sure how "new" it is. That's all I had until I moved to the West Coast, where Blend is more popular. Honestly both methods seem to work about the same, though I think Blend might be slightly better on coarse, deep hairs. However, I also had way more side effects with Blend and have gone back to thermolysis exclusively. Right now I am having some bikini line work done and will soon start my underarms I hope. So yes, you are hearing from someone who had thermolysis done that had these results.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by ingeileen1991
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
11:36 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
12/09/17 07:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3181
Who's Online
2 registered (WeRNotAfraid, WaitingforSpring), 94 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod