Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125078 - 11/07/17 07:43 PM is thermolysis safe on asian skin?
purple potato Offline
Contributor

hi, everyone, i hope you can help me feel a little less hopeless and i'm sorry in advance about all the qustions. if you have read my previous posts you would know i was having laser done. i oonly did three sessions on my face but now i have stopped. i am doing my first electrolysis tommorow for fifteen minutes as a sort of patch test. my hair is dense long and dark but fine even though its waaaaay worse than it ever was before. i am pakistani wiht fitzpatrick IV skin type and she said she will be using thermolysis on me. from what ive researched that is not safe to use on dark skin? Has ANYONE of the same ehtnicity had it done here? should i ask her to do the blend instead? i have also read thermolysis takes longer or isn't permanent and has more risks. its only advantage is that its quicker. Since its delivering so much heat, can it stimulate hair growth? the lady im going to is a professional registered with the British Institue and Association of Electrolysis. she has been doing this for thirty years. i dont know what to belive anymore. is the blend better for my skin type or can thermolysis wokr just as well? and what should i buy for aftercare? i was beggining to feel hopeful but now i feel hopeless again. thank you and sorry for all the questions.

Edited by purple potato (11/07/17 07:45 PM)

Thread Sponsors
#125080 - 11/07/17 08:53 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I spent 5 hours working in thermolysis on a pakistani client this past weekend. I've worked up to 12 hours on her over 2 or 3 days in previous visits.

Thermolysis is completely safe on fitzpatrick IV skin. It is possible you may have some hyperpigmentation develop, however this wil fade away completely at the completion of electrolysis treatments.

Does the dense hair look something like this?
http://www.electrolysisbyseana.com/uploads/1/0/0/4/100493050/laserstimulation_orig.jpg

It would very likely be laser stimulated hair.

Seana

Edited by Iluv2zap (11/07/17 08:54 PM)
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#125082 - 11/08/17 07:14 AM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: Iluv2zap]
purple potato Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
I spent 5 hours working in thermolysis on a pakistani client this past weekend. I've worked up to 12 hours on her over 2 or 3 days in previous visits.

Thermolysis is completely safe on fitzpatrick IV skin. It is possible you may have some hyperpigmentation develop, however this wil fade away completely at the completion of electrolysis treatments.

Does the dense hair look something like this?
http://www.electrolysisbyseana.com/uploads/1/0/0/4/100493050/laserstimulation_orig.jpg

It would very likely be laser stimulated hair.

Seana

yes, it does look like that kind of. i will try to add a picture. i hope electrolysis can help me because im sick of feeling ugly all the time. frown

#125083 - 11/08/17 07:43 AM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
purple potato Offline
Contributor

How do I add an image?

#125084 - 11/08/17 08:58 AM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

you host the image elsewhere and paste a link to it here.imgur/photobucket are popular choices.

Edited by Iluv2zap (11/08/17 08:59 AM)

#125085 - 11/08/17 09:23 AM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: Iluv2zap]
purple potato Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
you host the image elsewhere and paste a link to it here.imgur/photobucket are popular choices.

Are they safe? How do I make sure only I can see them

#125086 - 11/08/17 10:56 AM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I really dont use any of them so I cant answer that.Generally anything posted to hairtell, is publicly viewable.

#125087 - 11/08/17 05:49 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
You can make it private. Join. Upload your pictures.Put your picture in an album. Copy the tag and then paste it here. Be sure to log out of photobucket or whatever you use after you paste here.

Gosh, we really need an easier way to do this and I know it bothers Andrea that all this info is on old software.

Great idea doing what you are doing , Seana. I will offer some more pictures after I take my power nap. hehe!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#125088 - 11/08/17 05:50 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
purple potato Offline
Contributor

hi, so i just had my 15 minute session of electrolysis on my left cheek. she said she wants to use thermolysis because the hair won't come out as she wants it too with blend. does that make sense? the are was really red afterwards and i felt heat and stinging. i felt the heat for about ten to twenty minutes after the treatment. is that normal? i will add pictures. the area is red and bumpy now. i have like little red spots. i have washed the are with water only. used ice. Applied witch hazel from boots and used aloe vera gel. i have not used my hands and applied it through a cotton ball, new one every time.

#125089 - 11/08/17 06:14 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
purple potato Offline
Contributor

this is a few hours later, after the icing and witch hazel

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah23...psfjkc9cpy.jpeg

it looks worse in real life frown

this is before the icing, they look the same tbh
http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah23...psyhcx10zh.jpeg

#125090 - 11/08/17 06:15 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
purple potato Offline
Contributor

is the reaction normal? is it hyper pigmentation? will it fade in a couple days?

#125091 - 11/08/17 08:41 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

the first photo doesnt load, the second is pretty blurry but I wouldnt worry about hyperpigmentation, its a possibility, not that it will happen necessarily and if it does you would not know until weeks later. I cant make out anything negative in the second picture I can see.

#125096 - 11/09/17 04:52 AM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
purple potato Offline
Contributor

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah23/iwantmylifeback/image_zpszwmhiaxl.jpg
This is what it looks like in the following morning^

#125100 - 11/09/17 09:50 AM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I still fail to see any issues whatsoever.

#125105 - 11/09/17 12:53 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
to answer the original question, yes, electrolysis is safe on Asian skin. In fact, it is safe on any color of skin - on any ethnicity.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#125107 - 11/09/17 02:02 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

We seem to have our fair share of "nervous nancy's" lately Dee. Its becoming about all I can do to try and reduce their anxiety over the electrolysis process.

Seana

#125110 - 11/09/17 06:54 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
TheFlyingProbe Online
Major Contributor

I seldom work with clients that are anxious or nervous about electrolysis. I turn people down all the time. The consult serves as a filter to weed out the pampered princess types and those that want to micromanage every aspect of the process. I want to concentrate 100% of my focus and energy on the treatment itself. If a prospective client is overly nervous or anxious about treatment, it will make my job much more difficult. After 38 years in the business, my tolerance for "nervous nancy's" is zero.

#125178 - 11/13/17 08:36 AM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
There's so much nonsense on the internet concerning electrolysis.

Some of it is peddled by websites promoting Laser but I've met electrologists (funnily enough, all BIAE registered) who peddle inaccuracies too. For example, "thermolsysis is not as effective as blend", "thermolysis is dangerous and can scar you".

I don't blame those new to electrolysis for being scared and confused.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#125180 - 11/13/17 09:42 AM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I'm getting there theflyingprobe. Last year I had a client emailing me at least twice a week with various concerns. After almost a year of it, she got mad at me for something ( still dont know what) but I was at the end of my patience, and just said be well, I wish you luck with your new electrologist."

There are some you just cant get through to. I'm learning that is not necessarily a failure.Sometimes its for the best.

#125188 - 11/14/17 12:01 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: dfahey]
purple potato Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By dfahey
to answer the original question, yes, electrolysis is safe on Asian skin. In fact, it is safe on any color of skin - on any ethnicity.

Oh ok thanks smile

#125189 - 11/14/17 12:04 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
purple potato Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By stoppit&tidyup
There's so much nonsense on the internet concerning electrolysis.

Some of it is peddled by websites promoting Laser but I've met electrologists (funnily enough, all BIAE registered) who peddle inaccuracies too. For example, "thermolsysis is not as effective as blend", "thermolysis is dangerous and can scar you".

I don't blame those new to electrolysis for being scared and confused.

Yeah there’s so much about what you should and shouldn’t do. It just ends up making me feel paranoid. But I read it from the internet that Thermolysis causes pigmentation on dark skin not from my BIAE Electrologist. From all these replies I’ve figured it’s just nonsense. My Electrologist said I would get pigmentation either way. Wether she used brlend or Thermolysis.

#125191 - 11/14/17 12:10 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: TheFlyingProbe]
purple potato Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By TheFlyingProbe
I seldom work with clients that are anxious or nervous about electrolysis. I turn people down all the time. The consult serves as a filter to weed out the pampered princess types and those that want to micromanage every aspect of the process. I want to concentrate 100% of my focus and energy on the treatment itself. If a prospective client is overly nervous or anxious about treatment, it will make my job much more difficult. After 38 years in the business, my tolerance for "nervous nancy's" is zero.

I’m sorry if I’m coming across as too anxious but I can’t help it since I keep reading different stuff on the internet. However, I will try my best to not freak out and keep the end goal in mind. Are there any tips you have for aftercare? Aloe makes my skin dry so is it safe to use lotion 24 hours after treatment? Any sunscreen recommendations? Thanks

#125198 - 11/15/17 11:43 PM Re: is thermolysis safe on asian skin? [Re: purple potato]
geri Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: London,UK
Once you have a couple of treatments, it will be easier as you will know how the healing process goes for you and you will have seen the redness and puffiness go away, so you will be more relaxed about it. Follow the aftercare your electrologist has advised. The aloe vera cools your skin down. After 24 hours you can usually go back to your normal moisturiser. If you are prone to break outs, you may want to add a drop of tea tree oil to the aloe vera. I personally love rosehip oil for my fitzpatrick IV-VI clients who are prone to pigmentation. I ask them to massage a few drops in at night starting 2-3 days after treatment.

www.electrolysis4hairremoval.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Apilus Xcell for SALE Mint condition!
by James W. Walker VII
12:20 PM
Lasting results
by Iluv2zap
11:44 AM
Recommended machine to buy in 2017?
by TheFlyingProbe
09:11 AM
Afraid of Laser Hair Stimulation
by purple potato
07:26 AM
is thermolysis safe on asian skin?
by geri
11/15/17 11:43 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9606
James W. Walker VII 8047
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3167
Who's Online
2 registered (LRN, Chicaaa), 103 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod