consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125303 - 12/01/17 08:26 AM Re: Afraid of Laser Hair Stimulation [Re: Asher123]
Josefa M. Reina Offline
Contributor

I agree with my colleagues. Your case is more common than you imagine, and most electrologists face these cases on a daily basis.

Whether you opt for the laser or not, you will suffer an increase in hair development. I do not mean just the amount, but the thickness of the hairs. At age 21, your facial hair is at a very early stage. During the next few years, the problem will slowly extend from the sideburns to join the chin area. Little by little, the area under the chin will move down to cover much of the central area of ​​the neck. The difference if the laser comes into play, is that the development towards more amount of terminal hair will happen much more quickly.

I know I am describing the worst scenario, but I have seen so many similar cases evolve that I think you should be prepared to face it as soon as possible.
Why is it better sooner than later? because treating the hair when it is still a non-terminal hair is much easier and less traumatic for the skin. If you decide to opt for electrolysis, you have to be aware that you are probably going to suffer post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, especially in chin and sideburns, areas where the hair is already terminal. This is quite obvious given the small spot that acne has left and the irritation caused by the earrings in both ears.

My intention is not to discourage you, but quite the opposite. If you have realistic and truthful information, you will be more prepared to find the solution.

Clearing the areas that now have terminal hair, could take about 4 or 5 hours of effective electrolysis (not plucking). Once you have achieved control of these areas, you will only need a couple of annual sessions to get rid of the new development.

Sponsored Links
#125304 - 12/01/17 07:47 PM Re: Afraid of Laser Hair Stimulation [Re: Asher123]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: France, Spain
Totally agree with you Josefa. You perfectly describe the side effects of laser in this case.
Nowadays even dermatologists do not recommend laser on hormono dependent areas such as female face because of the risk of paradoxical laser induced hair growth. They recommand to treat these areas with electrolysis.

This documentary on YouTube explains it (in French) :
https://youtu.be/iTobRMumDW8

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis on legs
by Stephgold
Yesterday at 10:35 PM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Stephgold
Yesterday at 10:11 PM
Hairtell restructuration needed
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 05:27 PM
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 12:27 PM
men shaving legs??
by tyndn
Yesterday at 08:56 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3185
Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod