Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125306 - 12/02/17 12:04 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

those will resolve quickly. They are from some type of contamination,and given it's upper lip, the nose is a likely source.Keeping the area clean is your best bet but the tea tree oil will definitely help.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Thread Sponsors
#125307 - 12/02/17 05:26 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
Don't worry. It is on a good way.

Again, i would tend to longer pulses (around 0.2 secs), accordingly half the intensity level and use a probe as thick as possible (i.e size 6) which seems to be used only by very few colleagues here in Europe. But these are details of how the treatments might be improved a bit. It is basically nothing to worry about.

But never mind - all You see here is in the range of a normal and actually relatively mild skin reaction.

Your skin reaction always shows a mix of the healing reaction which takes really long underneath the skin and some inflammation due to hairs that develop freshly and have to find their way through the skin. In i partially epilated face this can often be seen quite well. It was similar in my face.

On the long run it will come out fine.

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

#125320 - 12/05/17 05:58 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Thank you both for your opinions. smile

#125484 - 12/21/17 12:15 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Quick question:

I've got a red spot on my upper lip (PHOTO HERE) that still hasn't healed after 4-5 months (I've got this on one of the first sessions). Sometimes it's less red, sometimes more. From time to time I can also feel "tingling" sensation beneath the skin surface (like the feeling you get when you apply disinfectant on a little wound, except for I'm not applying anything). Will it fade with time? Is there anything that could speed up the process?

#125498 - 12/21/17 03:42 PM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
TheFlyingProbe Offline
Major Contributor

My guess is that you have been worrying and tampering with this little red spot since it appeared. Stop whatever you are doing and let the skin heal. You are making it worse.

#125503 - 12/21/17 04:52 PM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
What have you put on it or done to treat it?

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#125508 - 12/22/17 02:46 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By TheFlyingProbe
Stop whatever you are doing and let the skin heal. You are making it worse.

I have not done anything to that particular spot since like 2-3 months.

Originally Posted By dfahey

Right now, I'm only wiping the whole face with Witch Hazel. Like 2 months ago I was also using Tea Tree Oil.

#125510 - 12/22/17 10:14 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
If I punched you in the eye, you would expect to get "a black eye?"

Electrolysis is a full-depth skin injury (think burn) and lots of "things" take place before you are left with perfect skin; which will happen ...

I don't see anything untoward in any of your photos. I think you are over-fussing (is that a word?). And, nearly all (face work) clients do. Nicely the skin can even withstand the "over-fussing" and will heal anyway ... even after all the unnecessary crap you put on the skin in a vain attempt to speed-up the healing process.

#125511 - 12/22/17 10:32 AM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By Kate Blue
Originally Posted By TheFlyingProbe
Stop whatever you are doing and let the skin heal. You are making it worse.

I have not done anything to that particular spot since like 2-3 months.

Right now, I'm only wiping the whole face with Witch Hazel. Like 2 months ago I was also using Tea Tree Oil.

You do not need tea tree oil at this point. Tea tree oil is used sparenly for the first three nights after electrolysis. I like it for certain skin types and I put aloe vera gel right over top of that, to boot! Prolonged use of tea tree oil can cause prolonged redness and flakiness. It sounds like you interfered with the natural healing process, so leave it alone and let natural healing take place.

Electrolysis gets blamed for every pimple and dent. Very unfair.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#125513 - 12/22/17 12:06 PM Re: Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos) [Re: Kate Blue]
Kate Blue Offline
Contributor

Thank you for the response.

Originally Posted By Michael Bono
I think you are over-fussing

Maybe you're right. But I'm just that type of person, I think. I easily get stressed and worry a lot. But I also think it's better to be safe than sorry - that's why I'm asking frequently.

You do not need tea tree oil at this point. Tea tree oil is used sparenly for the first three nights after electrolysis

Yes, I'm aware that TTO should only be used sparingly and that's what I did. I'm not using it on daily basis. Two months ago I admit that I have used it on that spot but only once or twice...

and I put aloe vera gel right over top of that

Unfortunately, it seems my skin does not tolerate Aloe Vera well - it gets really, really red and itchy after aplication. And I was using the purest form of Aloe Vera - straight from the plant. Also tried pure Aloe Vera gel from the tube (no additives) but the effect was the same. Currently I'm only using Witch Hazel tonic everyday.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Pro-Tec Probes Recommendations for Apilus
by cryptic
Yesterday at 09:49 PM
Something wrong
by blueberry
Yesterday at 09:11 PM
Apilus Senior II - Manual
by cryptic
Yesterday at 08:54 PM
Guidance on after care
by Pkanji
Yesterday at 04:18 PM
A sign of dermal over-treatment?
by dimi
Yesterday at 11:04 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9725
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3511
Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod