Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125370 - 12/09/17 07:22 AM Before & After electrolysis photos!
SecretSid Offline
Contributor

After reading Roselake's thread about electrologist should provide more pictures, I decided to create this thread.

This is a thread for before&after pictures and basically just for this purpose. The idea is to motivate people who is bothered by hairs, and make them believe that it's actually possible to remove hair permanently, hence: YES it exists a permanent hair removal solution.

I don't have any pictures myself to post right now.
But below I posted a before & after picture done by the talented electrologist: Josefa M. Reina in this forum.

Just follow this example, and we be good to go:

BEFORE (February 2016):

AFTER first electrolysis clearing (June 2016):

Edited by SecretSid (12/09/17 07:22 AM)

Thread Sponsors
#125372 - 12/09/17 07:57 AM Re: Before & After electrolysis photos! [Re: SecretSid]
Roselake21 Offline
Major Contributor

Thank you for creating this tread. Everyone who have been treated by Josefa or/and see the pictures of her work can attest she is doing something very good by killing the hair she treats in one time. There is no doubt about it because there is proof of that. When you pay for a service like this one you shouldn't believe people based only on words.

By starting this tread with very good and professional resulst. It show the way electrolysis has to be done.

Now. What we are waiting is the contribution of other electrologists or customers from other practionner who does marathons clearances. We expect clear pictures with the same lighting before and after. The lighting is very important. If you take a photography with the flash on or with the natural light. The density of the hair won't appears properly.

I want to give some advices BEFORE going to an electrologist. If you are a new customers and want you hair permanently removed with electrolysis, PLEASE, read what is crucial below. It will save you time, your money and I hope your anxiety.

1.Before starting a treatment with the "clear and wait" strategy. (3-4 clearances.) you HAVE TO let your hair untouched by any temporary method of hair removal( shaving, waxing, rubbing, depilatory cream etc.) for at least 4 months.

2. Before choosing and electrologist, ask pictures like the one above to this practionner. If the lighting is different in the before and after pictures, this is not a good sign to start with as it can hide the reality of what amount of hair is present and the skin condition. If the practionner refuse to provide photography spaced by month of clearances. It is not a good sign too.

Please note that photos took just after the treatment is not useful at all. It's like the practionner is proud of the hours spent on the table. I don't get it. The practionner HAVE TO be proud to show results like the pictures of the legs above. But displaying image of area during treatments or uncompleted ones is not a finality.

Ask the following questions:

How many clearances do I have to do to be 99% hair free

How many times is it going to take to have my area hair free ?

3. Book a 1 hour appointment with the practionner you feel confident with and who answered clearly the questions below and ask him/her to do a patch test on an untouched area. By patch test, I mean epilating ALL the hair in a little portion of the area you want you hairs gone forever. You don't have to feel a plucking sensation during the treatment.(IMPORTANT: a hair that realeade without any resistant is a very good sign. Although this is not a guarantee that the hairs has been definitely killed.) PLEASE wait 3 month and see if you see a reduction in hair density. If you see a lot of hairs that look shaved, this is not a good sign at all and that show that the practionner has a low kill rate and you won't be finish in 3-4 clearances. You have try another one. If you want to save time, maybe doing differents patch test with differents electrolosgist is not a bad idea.

4. Don't go to a professional only because another professional made an endorsement. Often this professionals didn't even meet each other and are online contacts. Keep in mind: a good reputation or being "famous" in electrolysis means nothing. (When you make an endorsement you have to be treated previously with succes by this practionner or you need to see former customers treated with succes.) seeing someone working for 2 hours during a pro to pro demonstration can indixate if someone is removing hair with resistance (which is not good.) but you CAN'T make an endorsement ONLY based on the speed and the ability of an electrolysis to remove hair without traction. The best thing you can say after seeing a professional working is that he/she is fast, removes hair without traction and uses the finger or tweeter method to remove the hair. "It looks not bad at all."

It can seems long before you start a treatment but it is the only way you will know if it's worth your money.

Edited by Roselake21 (12/09/17 08:21 AM)

#125384 - 12/10/17 10:04 AM Re: Before & After electrolysis photos! [Re: Roselake21]
Josefa M. Reina Offline

Major Contributor

Stomach and belly.

BEFORE:

7 Months AFTER the last clearance:

#125385 - 12/10/17 10:25 AM Re: Before & After electrolysis photos! [Re: Josefa M. Reina]
ingeileen1991 Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By Josefa M. Reina
Stomach and belly.

BEFORE:

7 Months AFTER the last clearance:

Wow!! Amazing Josefa! How much work did you invest in this wonderful work (Number of clearance and hours invested)?

#125388 - 12/10/17 05:16 PM Re: Before & After electrolysis photos! [Re: SecretSid]
Roselake21 Offline
Major Contributor

Great work. Does this girl needed 3 or 4 clearances ?

#125426 - 12/15/17 10:25 AM Re: Before & After electrolysis photos! [Re: SecretSid]
Roselake21 Offline
Major Contributor

This really a shame that ONLY Josefa gave us the opportunity to see (again) her near perfect work...

#125434 - 12/16/17 08:39 AM Re: Before & After electrolysis photos! [Re: Roselake21]
Josefa M. Reina Offline

Major Contributor

Originally Posted By Roselake21
Great work. Does this girl needed 3 or 4 clearances ?

95/99% of the hairs in all these cases of untouched hair are permanently removed in 3 clearings. Depending on the client's requirement, that remaining 5/1% is removed when the client comes for new areas.

#125435 - 12/16/17 08:47 AM Re: Before & After electrolysis photos! [Re: Josefa M. Reina]
Josefa M. Reina Offline

Major Contributor

On the buttocks (Asian skin):

BEFORE. (July 2014)

7 months after the last clearance. (June 2016)

There was a lot of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation in this area that had almost disappeared when the "After" photo was taken.

#125436 - 12/16/17 09:17 AM Re: Before & After electrolysis photos! [Re: Josefa M. Reina]
Josefa M. Reina Offline

Major Contributor

About SCABS and post-treatment manifestations.

Many Hairtell users are very concerned about this issue. Reason why I want to show the following picture taken immediately after concluding the first clearing:

As you can see in the "After" pictures included in the first series of this thread, the scabs have not only disappeared, but her skin has considerably improved its initial appearance.

#125437 - 12/16/17 10:26 AM Re: Before & After electrolysis photos! [Re: SecretSid]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Excellent photos. There is nothing that gets our professional's "panties in a bunch" more than the subject of SCABS! (Not clients; electrologists themselves.)

When I was more "sharing" with our mini-minions, I was constantly denounced for "causing scabs." And, for body work, I do!

I've learned that there is nothing you can do, Josefa, to convince anybody of what is actually, normal, nominal and signs of a good treatment.

Sometimes we get into the "micrometer" discussion about what is the "appropriate scab size," but all of this is sort of silly. Still, the absolute horror I have seen on electrologist's faces when I show them my photos (like yours) is worthy of a Hollywood horror film.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Unwanted hair growth article
by osamadcs
Today at 02:41 AM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by osamadcs
Today at 02:37 AM
ANYONE HAVE A MANUAL FOR THE ST-250 Silhoute-Tone
by KayDee
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Apilus Electropil... no model name?
by SynViks
Yesterday at 04:59 PM
Are these loupes good enough for electrolysis work
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 10:21 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9709
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod