Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#78951 - 10/01/10 02:44 PM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: C O'Connell]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I specialize in treating fine, blond hair and I do think there are obsessive-compulsive tendencies with these women. We are all a bit obsessive-compulsive though, aren't we, in one way or another. I do what they ask as I offer a service and they are paying me to treat the hair that bothers them. It doesn't harm them, so I will treat the small hairs. I can definitely see the hair just fine and thus, I will treat the hair, but many times I have said to the client that they don't need electrolysis anymore, they LOOK FINE! This is after >30 hours of electrolysis care! They will lay on the table for 1-5 hours at a time. Most insist that they don't look good enough yet and continue to come. I have even shown some pictures of models in magazines who have peach fuzz and that matters none to them. The best thing a woman can do after a lot of thinning has been done, is to throw away the 12X magnification mirror after they break it into a million pieces. Celtic woman are very fury, but oh so lovable. Can't talk about the designer and artists angle though. None of my furry downy hairy women fit that catagory. I lean more toward the obsessive - compulsive bend of things.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

Sponsored Links
#78959 - 10/01/10 06:57 PM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: C O'Connell]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Nair doesn't stimulate growth. Once again, it just cuts the hair off. It doesn't remove it with the root. Waxing can stimulate growth for that reason, but not Nair.

Your age is also probably a factor as you're likely developing new hair as you write this.

#78962 - 10/01/10 07:55 PM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: dfahey]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

I am one of the electrologists who treat fine blond hair. I agree with Christine, but also with Dee, is very typical of women perfectionists. They are women who expect a lot from themselves in appearance, at school, at work. They require a lot of others because they expect a lot from themselves. They have an intellectual coefficient above average and a great capacity for suffering and sacrifice. Circumstances make them vulnerable in this society. Many of them end up suffering from an eating disorder like anorexia.

Fortunately, most just want to avoid the appearance of a Persian kitten.

This afternoon:

20 minutes later...

Edited by depilacionelectr (10/01/10 08:11 PM)

#78963 - 10/01/10 08:44 PM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: ]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney,Australia
About these strong magnifiers Dee, I am always telling people to ditch them too. They are the cause of much misery.

#79140 - 10/07/10 09:01 PM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: LinXianEr]
Ennovi Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
I have tons of hair everywhere. I've learned to deal with it- shaving, bleaching, plucking, epilating, lasering, etc. But it just keeps growing and growing. I can't have a hairless area for more than a day. (except in my lower legs since I got laser there)

Luckily, I have family members that understand me and a husband that doesn't complain.

BUT I'm usually 100% covered from head to toe in even the hottest weather. There is not a single day where I am not wearing a sweater-- my arms are hairier than anyone I know. frown IT SUCKS. And taking it off hurts. Shaving is not an option, as there would he hair growing within the hour. I hope to find a good clinic to get laser done there. I'm tired of living like this!!!!!!

Edited by Ennovi (10/07/10 09:01 PM)
Lower Arms- 6 treatment with LightAge Epicare Duo- Alexandrite
Upper legs- 5 treatment with LightAge Epicare Duo- Alexandrite
Bikini- 4 treatments with LightAge Epicare Duo- Alexandrite
Lower Legs- LightSheer Diode (2005-2008)- DONE

#79355 - 10/14/10 09:37 PM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: James W. Walker VII]
ZAGG Offline

I hope I never have lip hair

#83056 - 02/17/11 04:18 AM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: imosm]
jlh Offline

Loc: Michigan
how long did you go for?

#83058 - 02/17/11 05:41 AM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: dfahey]
isshevital Offline

Originally Posted By: dfahey
The best thing a woman can do after a lot of thinning has been done, is to throw away the 12X magnification mirror after they break it into a million pieces.

Oh god. Isn't it just the worst when you're out and about, shopping at some store, and they've got all those lighted magnification mirrors? Or even if they've just got unflattering lights and lots of mirrors around, like at a makeup store or something. Always find myself examining my upper lip/chin and then feeling embarrassed when someone walks by and catches me doing it!

#85193 - 03/28/11 06:33 PM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: James W. Walker VII]
majenta Offline

Loc: Florida
It's been a few days since I've plucked and it's driving me crazy... I keep shaving but it really doesn't do much all those black dots are still there. Yesterday I went to the beach it has been forever and I was so self conscious I was having panic attacks. I wore board shorts to hide the top part because I think other people will find it gross. The bottom of my legs between the knee and ankle look so bad. Red and scabbed I hate it. My son is 6 and loves the beach and fishing so I need to be able to go out and wear some kind of bathing suit, I truly bites. I keep reading the posts on this forum and it helps me not grab the tweezers so thank you all for posting!!!!!

#85828 - 04/10/11 12:01 PM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: majenta]
Dixie90 Offline

My facial hair makes me feel self-concious and ugly. I can't relax in social situations for fear that someone will point it out in front of others and I am constantly paranoid about being ridiculed, even by my friends. I can't be in a relationship because I am terrified of a man touching my face and I always have to slap their hands away if they try to, making them think that I am odd or rude. It is so depressing how much it takes over my life.

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Bepanthen cream test
by Michael Bono
2 seconds ago
brown-red mark help!
by letteris
15 minutes 40 seconds ago
Nervous, very nervous
by charles99
Yesterday at 03:49 PM
Getting "Played?"
by adrien_sanchiz
04/22/18 07:21 AM
Where to find a electrologist to hire in CA
by Jenniferw
04/21/18 08:58 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9664
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3291
Who's Online
2 registered (letteris, Michael Bono), 123 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod