Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125706 - 01/25/18 05:56 PM Dear fellow electrologists-I need the advice
e-lectra Offline
Contributor

I have a question regarding skin redness.

I treated client three weeks ago, it is under chin/neck area. She has sensitive skin and medium thickness hairs.

I had not seen the skin too damaged when treated. It was regular redness, nothing alarming. When she came back, she still had redness and redness was not like when skin is healing and we see the color gets more brownish. It was like fresh rosacea kind of red, almost like fresh red. I asked her and she said, she did not have any pain, her skin is just too sensitive.

I asked what is she doing when goes home, like if she is scrabbing, washing etc. She said, she is using the Vit C solution. I explained that this is acidic and she said she will stop using it.

What should I do if redness will persist?

Thanks in advanced

Sponsored Links
#125715 - 01/27/18 07:34 PM Re: Dear fellow electrologists-I need the advice [Re: e-lectra]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
The skin is still healing. The inflammation process must take place. There is more blood in the area that's why she is red. The neck is a different animal when it comes to healing. It takes longer. Don't worry and tell her not to worry, but rather give it more time to finish healing. Also, warn your clients that this may occur before you treat. It will not be there forever.

Please, please, please direct yourself and your clients to Michael Bono's three part YouTube video's on The Healing Skin. Here is part !: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viKQcBAHLOI&index=4&list=PLO7288fgIAu9cY4anS4Bw1injvzkH1Mf9
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
texaselectrolysissto
re.com

by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
My experience, theories and questions
by zapmyface
Yesterday at 09:32 PM
Laser or electrolysis for leg and butt? (pics)
by Scurvy
02/21/18 10:57 PM
My thigh: PIH or ingrown hairs? With pictures
by FTM042014
02/20/18 11:02 AM
Can you kill your sweat glands with electrolysis?
by James W. Walker VII
02/19/18 03:45 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9644
James W. Walker VII 8054
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3237
Who's Online
1 registered (Julie Jacob), 126 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod