Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125756 - 02/07/18 11:21 AM Does all epilated hair grow back?
HoustonTexas71 Offline

I had a hair transplant back in 2006; one day I decided to use an epilator to remove the transplanted hair because I wasn't happy with it. I regretted doing it the next day and hope the hair grows back. This was about 5 weeks ago and only about half of it grew back.( I counted the hairs before and after) Hair transplant doctor told me the other half might take 4 to 6 months to grow back? Why would that be? Wouldn't it all grow back at the same time? They said sometimes some of the hair follicles have to repair themselves before the hair grows back. Why wouldn't all of the follicles react the same way? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
#125758 - 02/07/18 08:24 PM Re: Does all epilated hair grow back? [Re: HoustonTexas71]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

You need to read about hair-cycles. Not all hairs undergo the same phase of cycles at the same time. Different stages take weeks and months to complete at random. What you counted was not the total hair present. You could have missed the follicles that were already in resting phase or exogen phase. What kind of an epilator was used? Hopefully you did not damage transplanted follicles.

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Whirlpool Forums immediately delete my posts
by Deedra
Today at 11:49 AM
Suggestions on my case and DIY info
by Michael Bono
Today at 04:50 AM
Skin Types
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 05:10 PM
facial wax
by Rav723
Yesterday at 12:52 PM
Skincare
by Rav723
Yesterday at 12:49 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9701
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3464
Who's Online
0 registered (), 102 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod