consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#126065 - 03/21/18 06:50 PM Electrolysis Business for sale
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I'm having to stop. Unfortunately something in my personal life has come up, and I'm not able to continue my business and I need the money for legal fees to help my children. I have a good clientele , offices that have been completely renovated in the last year with 2 treatment rooms bathroom and kitchen waiting area, autoclave, spore testing set up. Many smalls. an apilus Xcell pro epilator. Training is possible.
Pricing is 25000 CDN for the business itself, and I'm selling the epilator for 10000 cdn. IT is one year old, and under manufacturer warranty.

Seana

Edited by Iluv2zap (03/21/18 06:52 PM)
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Thread Sponsors
#126072 - 03/22/18 05:49 PM Re: Electrolysis Business for sale [Re: Iluv2zap]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
I think You should find a way to continue.

Just a year ago it looked as if i had to close my business. I did not, and i'm still there, even in that place.

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

#126075 - 03/22/18 08:00 PM Re: Electrolysis Business for sale [Re: Iluv2zap]
Kellie Offline
Contributor

I have been thinking that with so many more trans girls transitioning in the last few years that demand for electrolysis is robust.

Is this not the case? I realise for most, laser is often a first choice.

I see 2pass clinic in Belgium now has three electrologists, though their advantage is that they offer 4 days of 8 hours each, with intravenous pain medication.

#126078 - 03/22/18 08:22 PM Re: Electrolysis Business for sale [Re: Iluv2zap]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

oh there are lots of customers/ clients. Unfortnately my business has come at the cost of my family, and so I'm having to stop for personal reasons. As I dont think it will sell in time to be useful, there's a good chance I could be in beate's position later. That said, no matter the success of the business, the cost to me personally isnt worth it.It probably cost me one of my children forever, and that is a cost I cannot bear.

#126086 - 03/23/18 03:26 PM Re: Electrolysis Business for sale [Re: Iluv2zap]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Sad to hear about your situation Seana. It took you so many years to get to where you are at now with electolysis business to have to give it all up now.
I hope you will be able to return to electrolysis world as you have so much talent and experience to help others.

#126087 - 03/23/18 04:59 PM Re: Electrolysis Business for sale [Re: Iluv2zap]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
Hi Seana. You have been generous in sharing your technique development. You have worked on developing your skills. I wish you the best of luck. I hope you can figure it all out and come out successful in all areas.

#126091 - 03/24/18 06:04 PM Re: Electrolysis Business for sale [Re: Iluv2zap]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I'm trying Arlene, but this is not an easy time. You're right, but at the moment, my heart just isnt in it. I'm going through the motions.Everything I worked for, aside from heping others with their hair removal, was for me and my family. Unfortunately, I no longer have half my family with me.My mom used to have a saying " Jack of all trades, master of none. " and it amounts to if you try and take on too much, you will excel at none of the things you set out to accomplish. It describes me the last 6 or so months to a T, trying to do too much, and pretty much making every mistake possible because of it.

#127593 - 09/07/18 11:26 AM Re: Electrolysis Business for sale [Re: Iluv2zap]
TheFlyingProbe Online
Major Contributor

For my own mental health, I am slowly phasing out my electrolysis practice. Rising costs and adverse working conditions where an increasing number of clients are erratic, uncooperative, and unmanageable has soured my enthusiasm. It's just not fun anymore. The late cancellations and no-shows because a client doesn't want to drive in the rain, their "schedule has changed" or they would rather do something else has taken its toll. It's just not worth the financial and psychological aggravation. Like Seana, my heart isn't in it.

#127595 - 09/08/18 10:13 AM Re: Electrolysis Business for sale [Re: Iluv2zap]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
NO,don't quit!

After more than 40-years of doing electrolysis ... I still love it. I look forward to it and, actually, I would do it for free (if it ever got to it).

Here's the key: you MUST carefully select clients. After only a few years, you already know which clients are going to give you 99% of the grief. You are not running a charity; and there is no rule that you have to be some sort of "Mother Teresa" (and even she wasn't!)

If you wish, I will innumerate the "red flags" that I've discovered over the years. However, right now, I only have seven clients, all with a ton of hair, GREAT attitude, fun to be around, all interesting and talented, no problem with finances and never a complaint.

My schedule is totally full, and all is great. Just remember that you do have the right to say "no." Start learning how to say it ... and make YOURSELF happy too!

I mean, you got into this work so you could set your own "style?" So, take the reins, and do it!

#127596 - 09/08/18 01:24 PM Re: Electrolysis Business for sale [Re: Iluv2zap]
TheFlyingProbe Online
Major Contributor

For the last year, I have been very selective in taking on new clients. After 38 years, I know many of the red flags, some of which show up on the first phone call. Yesterday I had a long conversation with Jane Riddle. She is retired from electrology, and recently had knee replacement surgery - and you can guess the reason: 12-hour days and pushing a foot pedal for 50 years. Based on personal experience, her recommendation is to have a firm no-show and cancellation policy including a fee for missed appointments. In her case, she charged the full amount for the time missed and collected it at the time of the next treatment. She had little cards printed up with the agreement for clients to sign. She said it dramatically reduced the problems. In the early 1990s, I worked for an electrology practice in Atlanta. We called clients the day before and reminded them of their appointment. It worked. I guess I have become lazy and expect clients to regulate themselves, but it doesn't work that way in the real world. So, armed with a bit of encouragement and new business policy, I plan to keep going.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
06:08 PM
Paradoxical Laser Hair Stimulation
by Silvana
03:26 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
1 registered (MDC2018), 137 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod