consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#126338 - 04/22/18 06:46 PM Bepanthen cream test
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Two months ago, Josefa asked me to do a test with the Bepanthen cream. Here are the results with notes and pictures: https://imgur.com/a/LsxKX6H

Day 1

Slathered that thing on half of the treated area as soon as I could after my electro session and kept it covered with an air-tight plastic for almost 20h (slept with it too).

Day 2

Removed it after 20h and redness was more apparent on the creamed area. After a few minutes, it disappeared so I’m concluding it was because of the plastic (you can see redness where the plastic was and there was no electro nor cream there).

Came back from my treatment and kept it on for several hours until I went to bed, but didn’t sleep with it as I found it pretty annoying last night.

Day 3

Kept it on during the entire day, but removed it before sleeping. I don’t see any difference, but it looks like the creamed area has a few more ‘’connected’’ redness patches (most probably randomness).

The red dots areas are from the first day’s treatment, and the more pinkish homogenous areas are from yesterday’s; interesting to see the healing stages.

Day 4

No difference whatsoever, gonna stop using it now.

The only fault I could see in my test would be to not have left the cream/plastic on for the second and next nights, but in my defence, I’m pretty sure I put it longer (or at least just as long) than most ''normal'' people would have. And if someone is keeping it on non-stop for several days, I don’t see how convenient that would be because it’s starting to itch if kept for too long, plus applying, wiping and reapplying could get old pretty quickly…

I’d be interested in knowing what happens if a treated electro area was put under total air-tight insulation for several days, as I have a feeling the air might play a part in those scabby red dots. I would gladly do it right now if the feeling of plastic or cream wasn’t so damn annoying on my skin, so I’m hopeful someone else would take my place as Hairtell’s guinea pig!

Anyway, to conclude, just like every other ''healing'' creams I’ve tried, it had sadly no apparent effect.

Edited by zapmyface (04/22/18 06:55 PM)

Thread Sponsors
#126339 - 04/22/18 07:48 PM Re: Bepanthen cream test [Re: zapmyface]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
What were you trying to accomplish by putting this cream on your skin? A person should put something on their skin to correct a specific issue ... not "just for fun." And, as you discovered: no difference at all.

Furthermore, from their official website they say the following:

"Upon application, Bepanthen® gets to work straight away deep within the skin by penetrating the skin layers, it doesn’t just sit on the surface, and it also allows the skin to breathe for optimal skin health."

The cream may penetrate the outer epidermal "dead" layer (water does that); but saying it "penetrates the skin" is a deception. If it actually penetrated the skin, it would be a pharmaceutical and require a prescription. Furthermore, the skin does not "breathe." I have yet to see tiny noses on the skin that connect to the lungs. Give me a break! And what does "gets to work straight away" mean? Gets to work on what? Bull shit!

#126340 - 04/22/18 08:23 PM Re: Bepanthen cream test [Re: zapmyface]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I laughed quite a bit at ''tiny noses on the skin that connect to the lungs''!

Like yourself I already had my own bias, but the ''tester'' in me needed to have some kind of proof too, and I simply tried that thing because Josefa asked me to on my first ever post here, and said why not!

I've also tested 4 different ''healing'' creams now, all of which some people swore by. Funnily enough when I told one of my past electrologist that what she asked me to use had no effect, she still insisted on ''keep using it just to be safe''... The cream religion is real.

To be completely honest with you when you're asking what I was trying to accomplish with this, I'd hope that everyone would believe me (or test themselves) that these things simply don't work, but obviously no one will care and people will continue to waste their money just in case a miracle happens.

So from now on, I'll consider them all to be completely useless, and I might be biased because I've not tried all of them, but tried enough figure out they might be in the same big scam boat... And if someone has a problem with that statement, show me your tests and we'll discuss!

Edited by zapmyface (04/22/18 08:46 PM)

#126341 - 04/22/18 09:24 PM Re: Bepanthen cream test [Re: zapmyface]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I've attended and participated in countless seminars and events. Electrologists universally focus on what to do before a treatment ("sterilization") and then after ("creams"). They seldom talk about what goes on between those events ... you know, the treatment itself and the actual effectiveness of the treatment. With rare exception, electrologists will not talk about effectiveness ... especially their own.

Focusing on the "before treatment" and then the "after the treatment," is like reading the first paragraph of a novel and then skipping to the last sentence. What the hell happens in the middle? You know, the important part?

I have to tell you that I'm going to steal your "cream religion" because it's perfect. That is unless you have already applied for a copyright.

#126342 - 04/22/18 09:54 PM Re: Bepanthen cream test [Re: Michael Bono]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I'll allow you to use it for 6 more free hours of electrolysis! Muhahaha

#126343 - 04/23/18 12:40 PM Re: Bepanthen cream test [Re: zapmyface]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Funny guy .... sure!

#126345 - 04/23/18 10:42 PM Re: Bepanthen cream test [Re: zapmyface]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By zapmyface
I'd hope that everyone would believe me (or test themselves) that these things simply don't work, but obviously no one will care and people will continue to waste their money just in case a miracle happens.

Something hasn't worked out for you = a scam? I have been using Bepanthen and tea tree oil for a while now to deal with scabbing, healing etc and it has worked for me. I ran my own experiment where I'd apply Bepanthen to 1 foot only. The scabbing on untreated foot lasted around 2+ weeks while on treated foot the scab formation was minimal and whatever was formed would peel and slide off within first couple days.

Edited by fenix (04/23/18 10:43 PM)

#126346 - 04/23/18 10:55 PM Re: Bepanthen cream test [Re: zapmyface]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Scabbing? Sure, of course.

Almost anything that lubricates the skin will minimize scab formation. (The most brilliant product I tried was pure Emu oil.) Still, there is nothing phenomenal about this, and the end results will be the same (just nicer not to see the scabs?)

#126347 - 04/23/18 11:13 PM Re: Bepanthen cream test [Re: zapmyface]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I now know Michael how exhausting it must have been for you Dee and others when I came along, a new eager voice with a lot of passion about electrology. .To tell me god knows how many times not to freak out over the smallest skin reaction, and to recognize what was and wasnt normal treatment manifestations.I still remember wonder what the heck these little dead bits of hair were.

I've noticed a similar voice of late, and it's you zapmyface.I'm wondering if you're wanting to learn electrology. I mean REALLY learn how to do it.Is such a thing of interest to you?
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#126348 - 04/24/18 03:05 AM Re: Bepanthen cream test [Re: zapmyface]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

To Fenix:

I'd like to know how you conducted your experiment. Did you use insulation (plastic) or simply put on the cream? How long? You say you had electro on your foot, how many hairs approximately was that? I'm asking because if the area was not as dense as mine, did you account for the ''randomness'' of skin reactions it produced (hard to explain but hopefully you get it)? Did you take pics by any chance? I'm still standing by my statement that creams are a scam and don't work by the way, so prove me wrong!

Edit: After a bit of thought, if in fact moisturizing/lubricating/insulating the skin avoids scab formations, it could explain my theory that air plays the biggest factor in them. I don't think it's the opposite though (creams working).

I guess it's time to test again with insulation only for several days (I already dread the itching)...

To Seana:

Not sure I wanna learn the actual art of it, since I'd never do it on anyone other than myself. I'd scar everyone out of revenge, just kidding lol. But it's no secret that I'm obsessed with everything around it (reactions, effectiveness, etc). I find much of the info so vague and contradicting that I told myself I'd never stop until I learn the absolute truth! As much as I want to believe a few of you on this forum, the only way for myself to know the truth (my truth?) has always been to test stuff myself.

Edited by zapmyface (04/24/18 04:45 AM)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Could you give me some electrolysis advice?
by cristiana
1 second ago
Something wrong
by blueberry
34 minutes 45 seconds ago
Danger? 1 brand of needlecord in another machine?
by dimi
Today at 01:59 PM
Can someone in USA sell me THE needles, please?
by melb_aussie
Today at 12:47 PM
temporary hypopigmentation or dermis scarring?
by Iluv2zap
Today at 09:04 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9719
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3501
Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod