consumer hair removal forum
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#126256 - 04/16/18 08:10 AM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

So today would typically be the first day of stubble, but since no session this week I am not under a trimming and growth schedule until next week.. The good news is I haven’t had any coarse hairs to trim sofar. I know they’re somewhere in there but they aren’t poking out today so I will be happy for a moment 🙃 Also my skin actually looks good for a moment too (other than the bad hyperpigmentation).

Thread Sponsors
#126395 - 04/25/18 02:19 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

Treatment #7 today. She booked me for 45 minutes but only needed 30 to give me clearance. I felt that I had a lot of coarse regrowth after two weeks but she said it was very sparse and is showing progress; she felt sticking go the every other week schedule will work well for me, otherwise I will be having weekly 15 minute sessions and they cost almost as much as the 30 minutes. Honestly it was so nice to have a week off—I felt that my skin had a chance to heal and it gave me the opportunity to use some stronger products in my skincare routine. We booked four more sessions through the end of June. That will put me at four months and 5.5 hours of treatment. We will see where we are and perhaps cut down in frequency after that for the summer.

It’s only been a few hours since my session and the redness has gone down quite a bit already. I am amazed how much my skin has adjusted to things since the beginning. I did see a lot of root sheaths though, so I’ll need to deal with those ASAP.

I have been talking to my sister quite a lot through this process, and although she has less of a problem than I do, she is ready to give it a go soon!

Edited by MrsV (04/25/18 02:19 PM)

#126404 - 04/27/18 07:34 AM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

Tons of scabbing and a few pustules two days after treatment. Slight swelling still around the corners of my mouth. This last session was mostly coarse hair treatment so I shouldn't be so surprised thaty skin looks like this. After a couple months doing this I’ve accepted this is how it will go—I’ll slap on a ton of makeup and keep living life.

I was looking over my calendar and I actually am having one more weekly session before officially starting every other week because my provider is going on vacation for two weeks and it seemed better to be cleared while I can.

#126452 - 05/01/18 07:44 AM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

The notorious Day before treatment. My skin has mostly healed but my pigmentation is brutally dark this week. My provider suggested I wouldn’t need a full 30 min treatment this week, and now I’m starting to believe it: there’s no new coarse growth but lots of the dark thin hairs. I have noticed some growth is almost clear and looks brittle, so I’m wondering if those are some previously treated hairs. Either way, going into my third month of treatment I am believing electrolysis works slowly but surely.

#126725 - 05/21/18 10:54 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

I had little growth for session #8. My electrologist told me to prepare for a lot of regrowth at this next phase. I had about five or six days of only a couple hairs sprouting and then a sudden hair explosion. I probably had more than my first session. I had my longest time between #8 and #9 (20 days) and ended up having to see a different provider (long story). This electologist had a different machine and I could feel the ZAP each time. She went over my 30 minutes but cleared most of the growth, so a similar speed. She is much closer to where I live so I told her I would decinetly be open to seeing her for sessions again when my normal electrologist is unavailable.

I will be curious to see if my healing is any different. I anticipate it to be worse since the zapping felt more intense, but we’ll see. I felt like she might have been rushing in the end and did a bit more plucking than zapping.

#127052 - 06/18/18 08:49 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

Following up after sessions #10 and #11, so far I have had 5.5 hours total. My skin seems to be getting use to the trauma of treatment and swelling and redness only lasts a few hours. Pustules happen but have been fewer— the most problematic ones come from thick hairs.. It seems we have worked out way through another growth cycle and there are fewer and fewer which is nice, it’s just gross knowing there is another burst of growth lurking around the corner.

I have been religious with my sunscreen application and hat wearing, but also have a referral in to see a dermatologist for my hyperpigmentation/melasma. I have read so many posts about PIH and I am trying to believe it will fade with time, it is just hard to sit in all the ugliness of hair growth and the pigmentation mustache.

Today I had an event to attend eight hours after my session and had concealer on for roughly an hour. I hope I don’t wake up to a horrible reaction in the morning.

#127202 - 07/11/18 02:14 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

Following up from my last treatment, I had no ill effects from the short time I wore makeup, but it isn’t something I plan on doing regularly as I know how risky it is.

Two days ago I had my 12th session, making it six hours of treatment. It had been three weeks since my previous session. I had a few dark course hairs on my upper lip and dozens on my chin. My electrolygist was feeling good about my progress, so she wanted to go another three weeks between sessions. After my next session I will be in my six month of treatment so I am hoping I will have reached that magical turning point. I am very happy with how well my skin has been doing post treatment—the redness and swelling has been subsiding quickly and I do very little other than a few swabs of witch hazel.

Tomorrow I have my appointment with a dermatologist about my hyperpigmentation. My electrologist is very supportive of this.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
All about Laser Hair Removal (LHR) in a long shot
by Silvana
02:51 PM
Tweezers
by Iluv2zap
02:32 PM
Guidance on after care
by Pkanji
02:31 PM
Laser hair removal in London
by Applepie
07/16/18 03:18 PM
Soprano Platinum 3 lasers in 1. Is it good?
by Camouflage
07/15/18 07:20 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9689
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3450
Who's Online
0 registered (), 122 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod