Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#126562 - 05/11/18 10:09 AM Re: My first impression with electrolysis [Re: yareno113]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Additionally, for the most part Hairtell IS HEAR-SAY.

How many dermatologists here? Zero. How many plastic surgeons? None. How many laser operators? Nuttin' honey. How many manufacturers? Zippity-do-da!" How many electrologists? A couple here-and-there. Think, "The blind leading the blind." There are seldom definitive answers based on authorities with decades of experience and academic scholarship.

The casual reader has no idea if the person posting is a consumer or a therapist (usually an enthusiastic consumer/ or DIYer with half-baked ideas.) So, most of what transpires here is "cleaning-up the misunderstandings and hear-say." Hairtell is hear-say ... Still, the only place I still post stuff.

The "professional electrology forums" (Facebook) are cloistered and there are virtually no clients allowed. For me, this was a stifling environment so I quit all of them (okay boring). I don't do "private!"

I do envision a place where clients (who identify themselves as CLIENTS; not experts) can ask questions and get solid answers to their ubiquitous questions. Am I dreaming? Maybe not!

Thread Sponsors
#126563 - 05/11/18 10:26 AM Re: My first impression with electrolysis [Re: yareno113]
zapmyface Offline
Major Contributor

Well I'd like to know, from your outside perspective Michael (and everyone else), am I doing something wrong? I'll stop ''whatever I'm doing'' if a few people say so... No issue with that.

#126564 - 05/11/18 10:42 AM Re: My first impression with electrolysis [Re: yareno113]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Oh, well ... I put intellect FIRST! Humor (sarcasm) is, for me, a function of intellect. The subject of hair removal is pedestrian at best. So, "no problema" from this aging reprobate. Laughter and "lightening the subject" is something I enjoy.

Besides, even the self-anointed experts get shit wrong all the time! Case in point: most schools are still teaching the "papilla" and "early anagen" fairytale, even though it's detailed in, gulp, Hinkel's "defunct out-of-print book" (still in very active publication ... sells 10-to-one to my trashy missive).

"Don't nobody worry about nothing!" (To quote my Italian New Yorker father.)

#126566 - 05/11/18 11:11 AM Re: My first impression with electrolysis [Re: yareno113]
zapmyface Offline
Major Contributor

Hearsay could be eliminated by doing a few simple tests with most people agreeing on the results and/or proof. Doesn't even have to be scientific too, but at least have the same determinants (might be subjective)...

But at the same time group agreement can be dangerous for the truth (example ahem creams), so I'm not even sure on how to proceed anymore, since I had a few other tests in mind.

And I know that most have already been done already, but most people (?) won't read books about it so a little practical test on a forum could be more realistic for some kind of truth.

Edited by zapmyface (05/11/18 11:14 AM)

#126568 - 05/11/18 05:37 PM Re: My first impression with electrolysis [Re: yareno113]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

too many fires being put out already,I'm out. You'll figure it out.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#126569 - 05/11/18 06:17 PM Re: My first impression with electrolysis [Re: Iluv2zap]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
too many fires being put out already,I'm out. You'll figure it out.

Gosh I wish we had the Hairtell of 4+ years ago when it was fun to read topics, really learn something, see actual educational exchanges which benefited both the consumers and the pros.

#126570 - 05/11/18 08:12 PM Re: My first impression with electrolysis [Re: yareno113]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I was talking about me personally fenix, I've had a couple issues I've been dealing with for a month or two and several of them have reared their ugly heads this week. Sorry butI'm too busy doing that. to really do much of anything on hairtell.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#126585 - 05/12/18 05:29 PM Re: My first impression with electrolysis [Re: zapmyface]
Josefa M. Reina Offline
Major Contributor

How boring life would be if sarcasm did not exist!!

Unfortunately, this style is not welcome in most forums since it is often linked to conflict and misunderstandings.
No problem with me either, zapmyface, as long as it's SMART humor.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Feeling Sad
by Fairygirl
47 minutes 26 seconds ago
Thinning Male Beard Question- NOT Complete Removal
by janaka
Yesterday at 04:08 AM
Hair Route Mag
by dfahey
05/26/18 10:20 PM
Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached
by Josefa M. Reina
05/26/18 03:09 PM
What is better?? 10ms or 3ms and why??
by Iluv2zap
05/26/18 01:59 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9670
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3361
Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod