Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#126917 - 06/09/18 09:36 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: zapmyface]
Josefa M. Reina Offline

Major Contributor

Originally Posted By zapmyface
I think I pulled that 30% reduction out of nowhere, not sure where it came from, but the rest was well calculated though (at least I hope so).

To simplify my math novel up there, if anyone is still reading, the main question was how 2 clearances had such a great impact in hair reduction on Josefa's client when 2 clearances on my beard has barely no effect (I'm sure it has however it's not really visible). The difference is staggering.

I guess the answer is simply ''operator's skill'', but I thought maybe hidden hairs percentages or a few other factors could be also taken from that example.

According to my calculations, if we look at the time factor used in each clearance, the reduction that occurred in the first clearing was 35.8%. Does this mean that 64.2% of the hairs were hidden?

Since this first clearance occurred about 2 weeks after the last shave. And since this time frame is insufficient for most of the telogenic hairs (20% according to some experts in trichology) to be visible / treatable, it seems plausible that more than 60% of the hairs of this male beard were not present at the beginning of the treatments.

Thread Sponsors
#126920 - 06/09/18 04:20 PM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: NARMA2018]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

That pic was taken just before my first real clearance on that side. I wanted to see how long it would take to clear the area similar to the other side that had previously been done weekly over 8 months, but now... in a short window of time (full clearance in the same week then wait months to see the regrowth, then another full clearance etc, instead of weekly bit by bit).

I won’t go into too much detail but the sideburns have a few zaps on them (from different electrologists), and the cheeks even less. I agree that some treatments probably have slightly reduced the density there; I never said it wasn't working! My ‘’obsession’’ from the start has always been about efficiency.

However I'd like to point out that my beard was always relatively dense on the bottom (neck, chin), but the cheeks and top sides have always looked similarly sparse like that (kinda weird, I know).

That said, this is where the regrowth is at now, 2 months after the the full clearance (it took 4h):

https://imgur.com/a/NJkCuJS (treatment was on the left of that yellow line)

https://imgur.com/a/Qfjk0ZF

I don’t see much of a visible difference, but obviously I’m sure several hairs were effectively killed. The difference with Josefa’s example was simply the amount of reduction (high for her vs low for me). Her full clearances took 28h, then 18h, then probably 9h to finish off as she estimated.

On my side, it will be 4h, then 3h50, 3h40, 3h30, etc for that area, which I always thought was the norm. If we did the entire face, I think it would take 20 something hours too for a full clearance, then 19h, 18h, 17h, etc. And I know all this because the other side of my face was done by the same electrologist (over 8 months), so I'd say the estimates are pretty realistic.

P.S. Seana, I agree with the ''big picture'', I actually HATE those feelings of ''having to help people'' and to always think about them, like you sometimes I'm sure it has caused more harm than good. Sadly those feelings are always present even if we don't want them to be, and this isn't PsychoTell so let's not even try to get into it lol.

Edited by zapmyface (06/09/18 06:26 PM)

#126921 - 06/09/18 04:36 PM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: Josefa M. Reina]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Originally Posted By Josefa M. Reina
Originally Posted By zapmyface
I think I pulled that 30% reduction out of nowhere, not sure where it came from, but the rest was well calculated though (at least I hope so).

To simplify my math novel up there, if anyone is still reading, the main question was how 2 clearances had such a great impact in hair reduction on Josefa's client when 2 clearances on my beard has barely no effect (I'm sure it has however it's not really visible). The difference is staggering.

I guess the answer is simply ''operator's skill'', but I thought maybe hidden hairs percentages or a few other factors could be also taken from that example.

According to my calculations, if we look at the time factor used in each clearance, the reduction that occurred in the first clearing was 35.8%. Does this mean that 64.2% of the hairs were hidden?

Since this first clearance occurred about 2 weeks after the last shave. And since this time frame is insufficient for most of the telogenic hairs (20% according to some experts in trichology) to be visible / treatable, it seems plausible that more than 60% of the hairs of this male beard were not present at the beginning of the treatments.

Probably, it makes sense! This also assumes that your kill rate is somewhere close to 100%, and the same speed and settings were used throughout all treatments. I'm VERY close to being satisfied with all the answers in this thread (thank you everyone, it's been though but we got there lol), I guess the remaining step to reach complete fulfillment and understanding would be to experience it myself. Now that I think about all this math and try to read my posts again, this quote from Seana comes to mind:

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
My brain hurts from trying to read and understand all that.

LOL, I TYPE SO MUCH!

Edited by zapmyface (06/09/18 06:17 PM)

#126929 - 06/11/18 10:32 PM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: NARMA2018]
deenglow Offline
Contributor

Drama and arguments aside, I'm a young(ish) hopeful waiting for my financial situation to change so I can go to school and start myself. I don't post a lot but I have quietly read this forum for years and just want to say how much I appreciate all of you taking the time to be here educating me.

#126930 - 06/12/18 12:55 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: NARMA2018]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

mmm well that's one of the nice things about electrolysis deenglow. Though it can cost a few dollars to get certified, you can learn all you can ahead and practise practise practise .I've listed off a bunch of reading material lately, and just about all of it can be had on the cheap.Even epilators to practise with are getting to be less expensive used.Pretty much exactly what I've suggested to zapmyface can be used as resources for anyone to learn. Knowing all you can can help you sail though electrolysis school and in your career too and all it really costs you, is your effort. When you do run into questions, hairtell is a pretty good sounding board to get advice from experts.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#126931 - 06/12/18 04:31 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: Iluv2zap]
deenglow Offline
Contributor

I've got plenty of my own body hair I'd love to practice on and asked some different companies selling refurb units about prices and they never get back to me. Currently torn between countries (in the us now, and uk, which is home) and sitting on my hands while my dad is in hospice. If I was able to find an instantron for relatively cheap here in the us does anyone suppose I'd be able to just pack it in a suitcase and swap out a cord?

#126932 - 06/12/18 08:55 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: NARMA2018]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I'll ask skip Mahler if the instantrons have switchable power upply.They likely do. I know apilus mostly do ( at leasst both models I own do) and thye can be had inexpensively on kijiji quebec ( a few hundren bucks to aaround 2000) .

The problem with Instantrons ( as much as I love them) is that in general, practioners will let you have them from their cold dead hands! So they dont tend to come up used nearly as often.

Edited by Iluv2zap (06/12/18 09:08 AM)

#126933 - 06/12/18 09:23 AM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: NARMA2018]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Just heard from Skip ( gosh he's quick to get back to me) :

Yes, she would be able to switch back and forth between 110 and 220 voltage. We do the service for $100 extra

#126934 - 06/12/18 01:44 PM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: Iluv2zap]
deenglow Offline
Contributor

Very cool. I've watched them in use on YouTube but I've only had an apilus platinum used on me which was surprisingly pretty painful. When he says "do the service" does he mean I'd have to ship it off?

#126937 - 06/12/18 05:16 PM Re: Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached [Re: NARMA2018]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I dont know.Perhaps youshould email instantron directly? I'm certain Skip will answer you.

Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
A sterm warning to anyone considering laser hair removal.
by Miamikitty
08:54 PM
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
09/19/18 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
09/19/18 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
09/19/18 06:08 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 136 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod