Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#126796 - 05/29/18 08:38 AM Re: Feeling Sad [Re: Fairygirl]
melb_aussie Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Upwey, VIC Australia
Hi Fairygirl,

Try me for free with no obligations if u come to Australia. For more info please visit my Facebook

Facebook II: Upwey Laser => https://www.facebook.com/upweylaser/

Thread Sponsors
#126797 - 05/29/18 09:56 AM Re: Feeling Sad [Re: Fairygirl]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
I have some communication with this person/school in NZL ... give her a try ...

Theresa Styles, Lecturer, Diploma in Beauty and Body Therapy School of Health & Sport

Eastern Institute of Technology, Te Aho a Māui
Hawke's Bay Campus

Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
501 Gloucester Street, Taradale, Napier 4112
Private Bag 1201, Hawke's Bay Mail Centre, Napier 4142
DDI. +64 6 8301376

www.eit.ac.nz

#126798 - 05/29/18 03:09 PM Re: Feeling Sad [Re: Fairygirl]
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Fairygirl,

It passed 1 year after our email correspondence and I thought that your decision was to take electrolysis course in NZ. I still think that this is the best solution for solving your problem.

Dimi

#126800 - 05/29/18 11:38 PM Re: Feeling Sad [Re: Fairygirl]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I dont think such a thing would be available in NZ I dont think dimi. From her original post I got the impression she was going to have to travel to attend a course which she couldnt do because of other family needing care.Thus why I recommended some diy learning options. The Hinkle book should be covered in any electrology school and so there's little point in not reading it ahead of time.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#126808 - 06/01/18 06:07 PM Re: Feeling Sad [Re: Michael Bono]
Fairygirl Offline
Major Contributor

Thank you everyone for your replies. I appreciate it.

Dimi, I was all set to go for the Beauty School in Palmerston North (would fly there once a week for practicals and do correspondence the rest of the time) and then my youngest was diagnosed with a medical condition so I didn't feel comfortable leaving her at the time. I may relook into this when we have things under control more. I feel its not ideal but really my only option to learn here.

Thank you. I quietly worry so much about all this. Its affecting her confidence now. It breaks my heart that a 12 year old is worrying about this issue. There was talk of trying a birth control pill but Im a bit nervous about that time of thing.

#126820 - 06/02/18 01:18 PM Re: Feeling Sad [Re: Fairygirl]
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

Fairygirl,

I hope that you will get everything under control and will have time to start learning electrolysis.We will help you.

Dimi

#126880 - 06/07/18 04:07 AM Re: Feeling Sad [Re: dimi]
Fairygirl Offline
Major Contributor

Thank you Dimi. I appreciate all your help with this.

#126881 - 06/07/18 04:16 AM Re: Feeling Sad [Re: Fairygirl]
Fairygirl Offline
Major Contributor

Hi again,

Thank you for your contact info for people in Australia. I will contact someone over there for their thoughts and send photos through so they can see what we are dealing with.

Do you think it is a worthwhile thing to do - fly over and get several days work done? It will cost a heap of money - flights, accomm, treatment etc and I would hate to feel like we didn't achieve much. Is it a good thing to try and get a clearance of sorts and then just keep on top of it with monthly one hour long treatments here? Would something like four days be long enough for treatment I wonder?

I know this is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string! It just feels like a bit of a mission to organise and I will need to take my younger daughter with me too as I still don't feel like I can leave her with care yet.

Thanks!

#126899 - 06/08/18 05:50 AM Re: Feeling Sad [Re: Fairygirl]
MelB77 Offline
Contributor

Two things to consider.
Firstly finding a good electrologist with a high kill rate who is willing to do marathon sessions on a twelve year old - Sydney would be best bet given distance

Secondly and more importantly I think is whether your daughter can tolerate marathon sessions. Only you know your daughter and can judge that, but my seventeen year old can only really tolerate 45mins at a time even using EMLA and with the Apilus. Electrolysis hurts some areas more than others.

#126900 - 06/08/18 11:13 AM Re: Feeling Sad [Re: Fairygirl]
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

Fairygirl,

Additionally to MelB77 concerns:

1. I do not recommend marathon sessions on the face on your daughter!!!

2. Find an electrologist which uses high magnification vision tool (the best is surgical microscope). In this case the insertion of the probe will more accurate thus less pain,higher kill rate and less post-treatment side effects. The good vision tool is most important than the machine.

Learning electrolysis,buying electrolysis machine and good vision tool I suspect will be cheaper and more beneficial in long run.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
A sterm warning to anyone considering laser hair removal.
by Miamikitty
08:54 PM
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
09/19/18 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
09/19/18 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
09/19/18 06:08 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 136 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod