Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#127165 - 07/03/18 11:12 PM 4 years of electrolysis, hair is still not gone :(
Positive thinker Offline
Contributor

Hi everyone,

To make it short, I’ve been getting electrolysis on my chin for 4 years with a number of different techniques and technicians and I still have about 11 thick black hairs on my chin (pretty much the same number I started with).

For the first year I would go every week, then every 2 weeks, and now 4 years later, I still see the hair growth coming back after about 2 weeks. I’ve also have electrolysis on my upper lip and I’ve had great results and haven’t had to have any further clearances for 2 years, but my chin hair still prevails and it’s driving me crazy.

Does anyone know what more I can do in order to prevent this? I’m losing my mind frown

Thread Sponsors
#127166 - 07/03/18 11:24 PM Re: 4 years of electrolysis, hair is still not gone :( [Re: Positive thinker]
Positive thinker Offline
Contributor

Bumping the post

#127167 - 07/04/18 12:43 AM Re: 4 years of electrolysis, hair is still not gone :( [Re: Positive thinker]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Maybe nobody responded, because your post makes no sense. You say you started with 11 hairs on your chin and "for the first year [you] would go every week ... "

Well, you can't go every week and treat "the same" 11 hairs. Even if you just tweezed them out they would take several weeks to regrow. Sorry, it doesn't add up.

#127168 - 07/04/18 06:53 AM Re: 4 years of electrolysis, hair is still not gone :( [Re: Positive thinker]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

And a client finds out what information to convey as part of their question , how exactly Michael? It sounds like a lot of information is actually provided here,more than from most questions we get here? That said, I don't understand the logic behind "bumping " a post, 12 minutes after the original post when nothiing else had been asked or answered on the board? I cant speak for others but I took the last 3 days off (Gosh I never do that!) and so I was staying away from hairtell. It can take some tme for people to read and understand your question, instant gratification doesnt really work here. I think we forgot to pay the "instant gratification" bill.

As for the original question, the only possibility I see here, is ineffective treatment. Regardless of whether it's 10 chin hairs or 1000, a year of weekly treatments that clear all the bothersome hairs effectively, should be more than enough to kill most of the hair. I think there's either something wrong with the machine your electrologist is using, or they are treating with insufficient energy to disable the follicle.There's also the possibility these arent the same hairs at all, and there is a hormonal problem stimulating hair follicles to generate hair.Any PCOS or thyroid issues?

Try going to another electrologist and if there might be a hormonal issue seek medical advice to correct it.

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#127169 - 07/04/18 10:24 AM Re: 4 years of electrolysis, hair is still not gone :( [Re: Positive thinker]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Be honest - have you done anything that pulls out the hair while having electrolysis (tweezing, waxing, threading, pulling with your fingers?

Did you feel any tugging on your chin hairs after they were treated?

Did you receive electrolysis with a probe being introduced into the hair follicle? Did you feel any sensation?

If you left an appointment with no hair on your chin, then returned one week later, it could not be the same hair that was removed the week before, unless the hair broke off just slightly under the skin, for which, you were not receiving electrolysis.

There are a lot of factors that goes into having a hair treated properly whether you go every week or every six weeks. Going every week means little without knowing the answers to some very important questions.

ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

#127170 - 07/04/18 11:21 AM Re: 4 years of electrolysis, hair is still not gone :( [Re: Positive thinker]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Nicely stated Dee Dee (as always). Frankly, my post was a set-up for YOU and your statements are 100% ("Good cop, bad cop.")

Putting on my "ass hat" for a minute, I think the original post is BS! As you say, it's IMPOSSIBLE for the same freakin' hair to regrow week-after-week.

(And, I very much like your "Be Honest" introduction. 'Cause I'm not buying it ... so far!)

#127171 - 07/04/18 11:49 AM Re: 4 years of electrolysis, hair is still not gone :( [Re: Positive thinker]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Thanks, Michael.

I'm super smug. I know the outcome two seconds after I lay eyes on a new client. Electrolysis works beautifully well every time it is performed correctly, with a compliant client.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

#127172 - 07/04/18 12:48 PM Re: 4 years of electrolysis, hair is still not gone :( [Re: Michael Bono]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By Michael Bono
Nicely stated Dee Dee (as always). Frankly, my post was a set-up for YOU and your statements are 100% ("Good cop, bad cop.")

Putting on my "ass hat" for a minute, I think the original post is BS! As you say, it's IMPOSSIBLE for the same freakin' hair to regrow week-after-week.

(And, I very much like your "Be Honest" introduction. 'Cause I'm not buying it ... so far!)

Well perhaps I was a little rough on you Michael. The "ass hat" suits you so well though! But this is an old story here on hairtell , someone posts, and we slowly get the information out of them. That's not really possible to accomplish,if the consumer goes on the defensive because one of the professionals here states they dont believe them. I agree there is useful information missing from this picture, it's how we go about getting the right information, because most electrologists DONT convey all the information needed or relavent to the issue , how the heck does the consumer know what to provide?
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#127173 - 07/04/18 01:16 PM Re: 4 years of electrolysis, hair is still not gone :( [Re: Positive thinker]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yeah, I just thought I'd beat you to the punch with the name-calling and just get it over with.

#127174 - 07/04/18 01:59 PM Re: 4 years of electrolysis, hair is still not gone :( [Re: Positive thinker]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

A client that has been undergoing electrolysis (different modalities and multiple therapists) for 4-years, is not tabula rassa on the subject. She has had to have MANY conversations, with multiple people, about "what's going 'wrong'." I can't believe she has no clue about this atypical situation.

There are, of course, some clients (very few) that refuse to listen to any explanation and continue to say ... after months/years of treatment ... "ALL the hairs keep coming back!" But, as you say, there's more to this story and I'm sure we are "all ears." (At least I am: "all ears" that is.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
All about Laser Hair Removal (LHR) in a long shot
by Silvana
02:51 PM
Tweezers
by Iluv2zap
02:32 PM
Guidance on after care
by Pkanji
02:31 PM
Laser hair removal in London
by Applepie
07/16/18 03:18 PM
Soprano Platinum 3 lasers in 1. Is it good?
by Camouflage
07/15/18 07:20 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9689
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3450
Who's Online
0 registered (), 122 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod