consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#126158 - 04/02/18 11:44 AM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
zapmyface Offline
Top 20 Contributor

We all have high expectations when we first start... It will literally take a year or more to get rid of your hairs! You'll get disgusting skin for weeks after every treatments, so if you get them 2 weeks apart, chances are it will constantly be that way... Until the treatments are finally over and you won't have any more hairs, look at the bigger picture (suffer for a year to never have to worry about hairs on your face ever again)!

Thread Sponsors
#126159 - 04/02/18 12:14 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

if that''s what they look like yes they are probably root sheaths. They are bits of gelatin like substance and they dry out quite quickly. The easiest way to be rid of them so they dont cause a pustule? Wash your face with a washcloth.Thats it! They come off easily with a simple wipe.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#126160 - 04/02/18 05:17 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
Julie Jacob Offline
Contributor

Loc: KS-Kansas
Originally Posted By MrsV
I think I have a lot of lingering sheaths...they are like little white flakes that pop out of the pores. It’s 48 hours until my next treatment and I still have some scabbing and redness. My chin only has a few new hairs this week but my upper lip has a ton of new growth. It’s making me feel like I’ll never see the end. Is it normal to start feeling self doubt in your ability to make it through treatment around this time? I know I can’t quit and I’m still so early in the treatment process, but man this is rough!

Hang tight, it will be rough for another couple of months. You WILL get there and see a reduction. I have people commenting on my chin and how it looks so much better than it used to.

I soaked my chin in epsom salt and warm water after treatments. It seemed to help me with the swelling, pain and the pustules.

#126161 - 04/02/18 08:06 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

Thank you everyone so much for your supportive words! I think I am having a harder time with the condition of my skin than having to have hair on my face at this point. It’s impossible to conceal with makeup. Is there any treatment strategy to help with this or is it simply a matter of sucking it up?

#126163 - 04/02/18 11:33 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
The first 5 or 6 treatments/clearances can be the worst, then things can get better for you?

If a client keeps telling me they are upset about their skin reaction, I would try different strategies. If they are still unhappy, yes, they may have to suck it up or stop doing electrolysis. I can only do my best because I do care about the client's concern.

If they are freaking out about a few pustules or few pin point scabs after I try different ideas to minimize those skin side effects, I tell them that we should stop treatments. You see, I need to disable hair follicles and sometimes there is a trade off between having a few temporary skin side effects and thoroughly treating the hair follicle so it is permanently disabled.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#126177 - 04/05/18 08:01 AM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

Session #5 in was yesterday. My provider tells me things are progressing just as they should. She cleared everything with time left over so worked on the darker thin hairs I have under my bottom lip. It’s funny how hair that was never a problem before now stands out when you’re getting treatment. Lastnight and this morning the only redness I still have is leftover from my skin’s reaction from last week’s treatment.

Next week is #6, then we’re taking a week off, then #7, and I’m not sure if we’ll get one in #8 or not before my provider goes on vacation for two weeks. Hopefully we can manage a twice per month schedule because her office is moving and will be another 20 minutes further away, and I’d like to save a bit of money.

#126182 - 04/06/18 07:31 AM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

Yesterday evening I had a lot of rootsheaths coming out so I tried the washcloth trick. No pustules this morning but I have so many scabs now it looks like I was attacked. 😳 Luckily I have two more days to recover before I go to work. I guess I need to chose my battles with this.

#126184 - 04/06/18 07:14 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

If it was gold probes that were used, they are uninsulated and can cause some more scabbing than insulated probes but the scabs should be insignificant. Wiping away root sheathes (and other contaminants in the process) resulting in no pustules= a win.

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#126185 - 04/06/18 10:41 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By MrsV
Yesterday evening I had a lot of rootsheaths coming out so I tried the washcloth trick. No pustules this morning but I have so many scabs now it looks like I was attacked. 😳 Luckily I have two more days to recover before I go to work. I guess I need to chose my battles with this.

Give her / him feedback about your healing. She may be able to make adjustments. Don't ever rub off or pick off the scabs. I like cold aloe right out of the refrigerator immediately after a treatment and I like when the client uses it at home for the first three days. It can lesson the appearance of scabs.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#126202 - 04/11/18 07:41 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

Tomorrow is my weekly session and I have more dark thick hair growth this week than I have seen in the past couple weeks. Today I still went out to do things, ran into an aquaintance and pretended I was just fine but the whole time we talked I was screaming in my head “PLEASE DONT NOTICE MY GOATEE!” Make up can only do so much. 😑

It has been almost seven weeks since I have tweezed (and the last time I tweezed I only took two hairs). What are the chances these thick dark hairs have been previously treated vs are new growth?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Apilus Electropil... no model name?
by SynViks
Yesterday at 09:03 PM
A sterm warning to anyone considering laser hair removal.
by Miamikitty
09/20/18 08:54 PM
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
09/20/18 07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
09/19/18 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
09/19/18 10:52 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 136 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod