consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#127571 - 09/01/18 10:34 AM Re: possible pitting?? [Re: gobl1n]
moatleaf Offline

Loc: Washington
I started electrolysis around the same time you did - mid July this year. I have/had dense hair on my chin and some under my chin/neck area. It took 6 1-hour treatment sessions to fully clear the area and I have been going back for 20 minutes once per week to get the stragglers. My electrologist is using thermolysis.

My first 2 treatments, I had a LOT of swelling and redness and my treatment area actually felt numb. My next few appointments had less swelling but still some redness about 2-3 days after the sessions and little numbness. I haven't had any pinprick marks or any acne at all. Sometimes right after the session, my skin will look like it has a few mosquito bites (I very seldom hear a sizzle sound which I think is what is creating those mosquoto-bite-looking marks). I have had some scabbing that isn't noticable. The only after-affects that I have noticed recently are the redness after the sessions and I feel some tingly/pinching sensations under my skin which I assume is part of the healing process (although I haven't read about anyone else experiencing this). I don't know if I would describe the area as raw, but mine is a bit tight as well.

That being said, I'm just a customer and have no knowledge about your electrolysis. I don't have any of the pits or wrinkles (yet). From what I have read, those who do get pits, they don't usually show up for a few months after treatment.

For my after treatment, I wash my face with diluted Castille soap a few times per day and put refrigerated Aloe Vera (as natural as possible) just to soothe and cool the area. I tried tea tree oil the first night and it made my face feel really weird so I stopped. I think the general consensus is that you don't really need anything for after care and your body will do it's business.

Thread Sponsors
#127574 - 09/01/18 10:36 PM Re: possible pitting?? [Re: moatleaf]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By moatleaf

That being said, I'm just a customer and have no knowledge about your electrolysis. I don't have any of the pits or wrinkles (yet). From what I have read, those who do get pits, they don't usually show up for a few months after treatment.

Correct. Pitting can take upwards of 9 months to appear depending on the treatment issue.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#127591 - 09/07/18 04:39 AM Re: possible pitting?? [Re: gobl1n]
gobl1n Offline
Contributor

hello! I thought I'd give an update. I went to see a new, more experienced electrologist today, originally scheduled for next week but she happened to have a free slot today.

The sensation was completely different, a lot less painful and i couldn't feel the probe going in at all. This electrologist also wore surgical magnifying glasses? I believe thats what they're called?

My previous electrologist didn't wear those glasses and I could sense she was struggling to find the hair follicle to insert the probe into. The treatments were also a lot more painful. I now realise she may have just punctured randomly in my skin.

I just have a question, can random insertions in the skin be a cause for the appearance of the pitting that i am noticing??

sighh.. i'm just really regretting not starting with this new electrologist from the beginning.

#127592 - 09/07/18 05:23 AM Re: possible pitting?? [Re: gobl1n]
gobl1n Offline
Contributor

sorry, it thought i might just add that theres also what appears to be a cluster of circular red dots around the hair follicles where i'm getting the impression of even skin texture...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
06:08 PM
Paradoxical Laser Hair Stimulation
by Silvana
03:26 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
1 registered (MDC2018), 137 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod