Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#127348 - 07/29/18 09:07 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: moatleaf]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By moatleaf
Yes progress!!!!!

My journey is just starting and, my god, the pains of the thermolysis itself is nothing compared to the tingling and itchiness and swelling I experience afterward! It's not painful, perse, just annoying/worrisome.

I've had my first thermolysis treatment 6 days ago and my treated area is still red. I didn't experience any pustules and almost no scabbing.

I swear it does get easier! I didn’t believe it first but it’s true!

Thread Sponsors
#127391 - 08/05/18 11:09 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

It’s been 28 days since my last electrology appointment and there is so much hair now. It’s been a sudden hair explosion since I last posted, all excited. I go in tomorrow thank goodness. I have about 100 dark course hairs on my chin and upper lip and then a few thinner dark ones on just my upper lip. I cannot wait for the hair tap to start turning off 😭

#127392 - 08/06/18 04:27 AM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
Fairygirl Offline
Major Contributor

Yes I feel like this for my daughter! Hair, hair everywhere. Its quite depressing how fast and furious those suckers can grow. I think once you have had a clearance or close to a clearance that suddenly any new hairs that pop up seem to look even darker and more obvious on their own rather than surrounded by "neighbours".

All the best for your treatments. We will win in the end!!!

#127446 - 08/12/18 11:30 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

Session #13 (6.5 hours total) was almost a week ago. I had one day of swelling following treatment and since have been trying to stay on top of any hair sheaths. My skin is still a bit red in addition to my PIH. No coarse hair growth but plenty of the dark thin ones. Looks like I will be staying on a every 3-4 week treatment schedule for now. This feels never ending.

#127454 - 08/14/18 11:01 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
6.5 hours sounds like you are in the beginning stages?????? I haven't followed your case. I do hope you are getting the area cleared every time you have a session?

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#127463 - 08/16/18 10:31 AM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

I stopped tweezing last day of February and started treatment the first week of March. My electrolysist says my case isn’t severe even though it feels that way to me. I am cleared minus the thin hairs in the middle of my lip. I have never tweezed those and my provider will only take a couple per session because she says the area is too sensitive.

#127600 - 09/09/18 08:41 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

I had session #14 11 days ago and am now starting to see a hint of growth. It’s been a nice almost two weeks of being hair free. My electrolysis told me to call if I wanted to have a session in between our monthly sessions, and I’m torn. If I did every two weeks I possibly wouldn’t need to do any maintenance (shaving) but I have been enjoying letting my skin heal in the time between sessions. I have 17 days until my next appointment which will mean a lot of growth between now and then.

#127670 - 09/19/18 10:54 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

It’s been 20 days since my last appointment and I only have FOUR of the very dark coarse beardlike hairs that have regrown. There is still plenty of dark growth all over but I’m excited about the dwindling monsters.

#127795 - 10/17/18 11:02 PM Re: Newbie journey [Re: MrsV]
MrsV Offline
Contributor

Had a normal 30 minute session at the end of September but almost immediately had chin growth. My next scheduled session is a week away and I have more chin hair than I can remember since my first couple weeks. I’m not tweezing but the urge to tweeze out all of these suckers is so strong. I hate it. I can’t cover it up. I have to trim it multiple times per day. Please let this be my chin’s last hurrah before the hair gives up.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Apilus Platinum Pur for Sale
by laraisk
Today at 09:14 AM
Pro-Tec Probes Recommendations for Apilus
by cryptic
Yesterday at 09:49 PM
Something wrong
by blueberry
Yesterday at 09:11 PM
Apilus Senior II - Manual
by cryptic
Yesterday at 08:54 PM
Guidance on after care
by Pkanji
Yesterday at 04:18 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9725
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3511
Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod