Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#87943 - 05/29/11 05:02 PM Re: Which to buy ***** [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
sha3ry Offline

Rosehip oil sounds amazing, I'll definitely look into that.

The main reason I've shyed away from waxing so far is the mess. I'll take a look at the waxing threads here and see.

Sponsored Links
#87944 - 05/29/11 05:16 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: sha3ry]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
It is! I have given it to my sister to fade her acne scars. Used it myself for a surgery scar and some hyperpigmentation on my chest from an electrolysis test patch.

Once you get the hang of it, it's not messy at all. The only thing that gets messy is the spatula and strips. You shouldn't be dropping any here and there if you are careful and should not get much residue on your skin.

I switched from epilating to professional standard home waxing. Then to Laser when I had the money. When I had the time, I waxed my sister's legs once and she said I was better than what she has done at the salon!

I would start with a water dispersible warm wax then. It's not so effective on shorter hairs but if you make a mess, water and baby oil will easily clean it up.

You just need to get the heater to heat it to the right consistency and away you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=styfWM1pIzc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUnJ3wRK40o

I guess some words of warning though. Don't burn yourself with wax that's too hot. Don't do anything unhygienic. Don't try to keep doing the same area again and again if you don't get it right first time - try another day.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#88521 - 06/11/11 01:05 AM Re: Which to buy [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Crossfire Offline

Personally, I started shaving my pubic area and legs about 2 years ago becuase I just disliked hair. I was doing some outside landscaping, it was hot and dirty and in the shower off it came on the legs. In the other area I just like skin on skin. I use the Braun Epil 7 everywhere, and to be honest it's not painful and it gives a great shave

#95872 - 02/14/12 03:54 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: Crossfire]
M.D Offline

Hi.
it was my first experence in using epilator,it hurts a lot.
Thanks for good information,i learned lots of things here.
Im from Iran and here gov blocks many web sites ,i could not even find a web for unwanted hair in my language,all was blocked!!
Im a male but just want to say that in Iran people (especially women)pay alot on Laser and ....even more than Europe and USA but im so broke now and cant do it right now.
Want to buy a new epilator,the brands which are available here are Philips and Braun but i wish i could find one which works better than this old one(4years old Braun).

Edited by M.D (02/14/12 03:59 PM)

#95883 - 02/14/12 07:40 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: M.D]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
So the Iranian governement doesn't block HairTell. How magnanimous of them.

How are the other epilators different than your four year old epilator? Do you get ingrowns? What is the condition of your skin after four years of epilating?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#95905 - 02/15/12 03:22 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: dfahey]
M.D Offline

Hi.Yes thats very nice of them to let me visit this web site!!lol.
I did it on a small part of my body,the red dots are always show up and that is common but the pain will be get better as you continue doing it.ingrowns most appear on body especially legs and stomatch but in area like neck it appers less.
I decide to epilate more parts as i heard about new epilators.
Could you please help me to find a good one?
The brands which are available here are Philips and Braun.
Thanks.

Edited by M.D (02/15/12 03:28 PM)

#95907 - 02/15/12 05:09 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: M.D]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Well, before I buy something I start with consumer-based reviews like this one.

http://www.epilator-review.com/

I check out other sites and see if I can detect patterns where several sources seem to like one or two particular brands.

Good luck with yours search!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#95921 - 02/16/12 11:24 AM Re: Which to buy [Re: dfahey]
M.D Offline

Thanks alot for helping.
The link was very useful!

#100845 - 08/25/12 09:25 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: M.D]
JoHose Offline
Contributor

Loc: UK
I have to add my tuppence worth, the new Braun epilator (2012 model) with face and "other bits" hair removal screens, it is great on my MALE legs with just the standard head that comes with it, anyone saying it is painful is a wuss, works great for me and my legs are smooth for 2 weeks. Used to shave them for the last 15 years, wanted a change and the latest Braun 2*** series works for me, dunno the model number but it is about 90 in Argos and works a treat with no pain at all. Tried an old model from about 10 years ago and it was a Dinosaur, chomping bits out of my legs all the time, new one, nothing, just hair removal at the root, quickly and pain free, sure there is a pinch but nothing in comparison to the old epilator, going to move onto chest hair soon......

#100847 - 08/25/12 09:33 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: JoHose]
JoHose Offline
Contributor

Loc: UK
forgot to mention, I have had zero ingrown hairs since I bought and used this particular epilator, I joined the forum at the beginning of August but waited to check my results after reading other members posts.

Regards to all,

Just a guy that hates body hair,

JoHose.

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
Today at 03:37 PM
Feeling tired after electrolysis sessions
by Iluv2zap
Today at 09:10 AM
Journey of a young French lady
by adrien_sanchiz
Yesterday at 07:34 AM
should i continue laser hair removal?
by skydivingjess
10/17/17 11:12 PM
Electrolysis and Hydroquinone
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
10/15/17 06:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3159
Who's Online
2 registered (Michael Bono, Brenton), 103 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod