Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#104351 - 01/30/13 04:19 AM Re: Which to buy ***** [Re: JoHose]
prettysure Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: nyc
re:
Quote:
"Eeeek! only three days and I have experienced a sudden hair growth cycle on my legs, lots of wispy hairs have sprouted on my lower legs, well when I say lots, it is about 6 per square cm, but as I have never been really hairy it seems a lot to me, washed my legs and got out the device of my choosing, they all whisked away, with virtually no sensation at all and I am all smooth again. :-) I also got out my magnifying glass and inspected the results once shaken/brushed of my personal electronic product for hair removal of choice, and found most if not all had the roots at the base of the hairs removed, so my personal conclusion is that these new finer hairs that grew are truly easier to "pluck" after months of hair retardant creams once their growth cycle kicks in. (I still wish I had the money to do this job permanently!) but till then I will epilate and moisturise.... Till next time.........."

JoHose, Have you ever considered a home IPL machine, like Silk'n Sensepil, for flash/pulse light epilating? (or removal, not sure what desciption of what this thing would be, lol) If you're the right skin tone and your hair is dark, it's pretty awesome for hair management.

Edited by prettysure (01/30/13 04:42 AM)

95%+ hair reduction on legs from nd:Yag laser done years ago
75%+ hair reduction on axilla with nd:Yag laser done years ago (the rest being finished with flash electrolysis)
100% permanent hair removal on bikini line with electrolysis over 15 years ago
100% removal of hair on chin with flash electrolysis (well, almost done, maybe 2 fifteen minute sessions left for the small amount of dormant hairs.
0% permanent removal on brazilian after 5 sessions of Yag (and 3 IPL). no idea why. Will try again in 2013.

Sponsored Links
#104353 - 01/30/13 10:07 AM Re: Which to buy [Re: prettysure]
iLikeDIY Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: St. Louis, MO
JoHose seems to be aiming for a permanent reduction. Those IPL machines only offer temporary results, contrary to what they claim.

#104359 - 01/30/13 05:04 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: iLikeDIY]
prettysure Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: nyc
Originally Posted By: iLikeDIY
JoHose seems to be aiming for a permanent reduction. Those IPL machines only offer temporary results, contrary to what they claim.

I mean in the interim, in lieu of or in addition to the rotary epilator. He's not getting perm just yet if i understand correctly.

edited to say: although, i guess if someone's saving up for electrolysis, it makes no sense to buy an expensive temporary machine. Esp. b/c the machine does take about 12+ months for the results to be best, aka, getting to the point where you only use the machine once every 3 months. so, nix the question! laugh

Edited by prettysure (01/30/13 07:04 PM)

95%+ hair reduction on legs from nd:Yag laser done years ago
75%+ hair reduction on axilla with nd:Yag laser done years ago (the rest being finished with flash electrolysis)
100% permanent hair removal on bikini line with electrolysis over 15 years ago
100% removal of hair on chin with flash electrolysis (well, almost done, maybe 2 fifteen minute sessions left for the small amount of dormant hairs.
0% permanent removal on brazilian after 5 sessions of Yag (and 3 IPL). no idea why. Will try again in 2013.

#104728 - 02/22/13 08:17 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: prettysure]
JoHose Offline
Contributor

Loc: UK
Hi all,
Well it is almost March of this wonderfull 2013 year!

Latest update for a tranny keeping his legs hair free.

I keep finding new hairs I had never noticed sprouting here and there, but I am sure I got them many months ago (at some time)with the rotary device of my choice.

Honestly the hair regrowth is constant if sparce between treatments, I never expected total hair loss as I know I will never kill the hair follicles just by plucking using my epilator of choice.
So far I have not had any ingrown hairs, I now need to only use it every 3 weeks, and for a man I am personaly amazed! Maybe the hair retardant moisturiser is helping more than I expected, but my legs are so much smoother for so much longer! I am now thinking that for the few persistent tree roots that pop out every three weeks, only to be plucked when they do, I should save to get them properly electicuted, the total count of persistent hairs is about 300 over both legs, the rest of what used to grow is either so thin I do not see them or they realy have stopped growing, maybe another 6 months of rotary epilation together with hair retardent moisturiser will give me the answer, but so far I LOVE the results of my method.
It works for me and this is just a journal covering my personal journey of hair removal, NOT an endorsment of any device available for removal of hair.

I will update my results, good or bad, as they happen.

Stay hair free by what ever method works for YOU!

This is just my personal journal of hair removal.
(groin chest and armpits are still "Mr" Gillett's domain)

Regards to all!

JoHose.

Edited by JoHose (02/22/13 08:20 PM)

#106114 - 04/14/13 07:58 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: JoHose]
JoHose Offline
Contributor

Quick update,

Still using the electrical weapon of choice, Still no ingrowns for the moment and it has been over 8 months when I started using this device, VERY hair free on my legs, still loveing my device of choice, seriously, IT WORKS!

For me anyway!

So that is over 8 months and my device of choice is still keeping my legs smoother than a razor. One day electrolisis.... till then 8+ months of smooth legs with my choice of device, roll on the options available, I love mine!!!!!!!!

Stay hair free and hugzzz to all!!!!!!!

#107555 - 06/16/13 07:09 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: JoHose]
JoHose Offline
Contributor

Last update was over two months ago

Still using the rotary epilator ov choice.

Need to wash the head tweesers more often now (but just run the rotating heads over a bar of soap for a few seconds, then rinse under running water) Legs are as smooth as I could ever wish, with less regrowth than ever before, hair minimizing cream seems to be working!

Hugzzz,

JoHose xxxx

#109043 - 09/13/13 10:11 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: JoHose]
JoHose Offline
Contributor

Well it is almost a year now, still using my device of choice, legs almost completely hair free, and still loving the results of my epilator of choice..... !!!!!!!!!!!

Still zero in grown hairs and any that pluck up above 0.5mm get whisked away on the first swipe.

Still say it takes dedication to use my method of choice .... BUT it WORKS for me <big smiley>

Edited by JoHose (09/13/13 10:27 PM)

#109320 - 09/23/13 09:24 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: JoHose]
More Cowbell Offline

I'm using the Philip's Satin Perfect for chest and everywhere below waist. It seems to work well but I've never tried any of the other ones that have been posted. See a lot about the Men's Braun and then Emoji... Has anyone ever used the Philip's that I'm using that make a comparison post?

It is rechargeable and works with cord. Has a nice light on it and does not really beat up my skin. Seems to grab really small hairs but if there's something better I'd be intrigued.

#111615 - 01/07/14 10:46 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: More Cowbell]
JoHose Offline
Contributor

Still love my rotary epilator!!!

It has been ages since my last post, all I can say is that my legs are still smooth and I only have to use "my machine" of choice every 4 weeks,

Hugzzz

To all..

JoHose xxx

#111802 - 01/16/14 03:14 PM Re: Which to buy [Re: JoHose]
epilatorgirl Offline
Contributor

JoHose nice to see a man who loves his epilator, keep it up! take care smile

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Recommended machine to buy in 2017?
by TheFlyingProbe
Today at 09:11 AM
Afraid of Laser Hair Stimulation
by purple potato
Today at 07:26 AM
Apilus Xcell for SALE Mint condition!
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
is thermolysis safe on asian skin?
by geri
11/15/17 11:43 PM
Lasting results
by Stephgold
11/15/17 02:31 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9606
James W. Walker VII 8046
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3167
Who's Online
2 registered (Moertn, 1 invisible), 90 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod