Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#19227 - 04/04/05 05:22 PM Re: Hair Removal by Ryan Ward
barrester Offline

Top Ten Contributor

Registered: 07/17/02
Posts: 306
Loc: california
RJC 2001. I agree with you that there is no better sensation than the smooth feeling that come from removing all of ones underarm hair by electrolysis.Shaving is good, waxing is better; but permanent removal is best.It would be nice to know if anyone has ever regreted the permanent removal of hair from any part of their body.
_________________________
barrister

Top
Sponsored Links
#19228 - 04/04/05 06:07 PM Re: Hair Removal by Ryan Ward
Veinlover Offline
Member

Registered: 06/12/04
Posts: 121
Loc: Chicago
Quote:

RJC 2001. I agree with you that there is no better sensation than the smooth feeling that come from removing all of ones underarm hair by electrolysis.Shaving is good, waxing is better; but permanent removal is best.It would be nice to know if anyone has ever regreted the permanent removal of hair from any part of their body.




RJC, that is an excellent question, why not make a thread of it? It would be a great topic.

How long do you think electrolysis of the pits would take? How many hairs can they do in a session? I guess there are hundreds of pit hairs, even thouugh the area is small. Is it never ending, or do you actually sense progress? And, what do you suppose the entire process costs?
Thanks

Top
#19229 - 04/04/05 10:32 PM Re: Hair Removal by Ryan Ward
barrester Offline

Top Ten Contributor

Registered: 07/17/02
Posts: 306
Loc: california
I don't know how long it took to get rid of my underarm hair; but I can tell you that one day I had an operator spend 3 hours on one pit and it made that hairy forest look like a desert. By hindsight, the entire removal was rather short and I had lots of hair. Start on 1 pit and keep track of the time. Many who haven't done it yet would like to know the total hours needed;but my guess is that it won't take more than 4 hours per underarm with the right electrolysist.
_________________________
barrister

Top
#19230 - 04/05/05 03:51 AM Re: Hair Removal by Ryan Ward
Veinlover Offline
Member

Registered: 06/12/04
Posts: 121
Loc: Chicago
Quote:

I don't know how long it took to get rid of my underarm hair; but I can tell you that one day I had an operator spend 3 hours on one pit and it made that hairy forest look like a desert. By hindsight, the entire removal was rather short and I had lots of hair. Start on 1 pit and keep track of the time. Many who haven't done it yet would like to know the total hours needed;but my guess is that it won't take more than 4 hours per underarm with the right electrolysist.




That probably isn't too bad, but I can't imagine it in one sitting like you did. didn't your arm get tired holding it up the entire time? Of course, you probably just lie on your back. And how about boredom? I don't think by the sound of it I have as much, hair, either. If I do it, I will track the time.

What do they charge, roughly, per hour? Hopefully not $100, US. At that price, it would be creeping up on laser, though for underarms, I think I'd just do Electrolysis, at least you know when you are done, you're done for good. Don't you have to do it as the hair growth cycles, as opposed to all in one sitting? And, last, does it hurt?

I'd love to have my pits perfectly smooth and hair free, for some reason, more than anywhere else. Makes the bicep flex look Soooooo good.

Thanks,
V.

Top
#19231 - 04/05/05 03:59 AM Re: Hair Removal by Ryan Ward
RJC2001 Offline

Top Ten Contributor

Registered: 05/02/02
Posts: 1513
Loc: USA
Quote:

Quote:

RJC 2001. I agree with you that there is no better sensation than the smooth feeling that come from removing all of ones underarm hair by electrolysis.Shaving is good, waxing is better; but permanent removal is best.It would be nice to know if anyone has ever regreted the permanent removal of hair from any part of their body.




Quote:

RJC, that is an excellent question, why not make a thread of it? It would be a great topic.




That was barrester's question. It is a good one, but I would bet there are not many that would answer yes. Pure speculation on my part though.

Quote:

How long do you think electrolysis of the pits would take? How many hairs can they do in a session? I guess there are hundreds of pit hairs, even thouugh the area is small. Is it never ending, or do you actually sense progress? And, what do you suppose the entire process costs?
Thanks





You actually do sense progress when having electrolysis on the armpits, and you can see it early, after 2 treatments. Barrester's estimates seem right on target to me. My cost for electrolysis is $100 per hour and every fifth treatment is free!

RJC2001

Top
#19232 - 04/05/05 04:37 AM Re: Hair Removal by Ryan Ward
Veinlover Offline
Member

Registered: 06/12/04
Posts: 121
Loc: Chicago
Quote:



You actually do sense progress when having electrolysis on the armpits, and you can see it early, after 2 treatments. Barrester's estimates seem right on target to me. My cost for electrolysis is $100 per hour and every fifth treatment is free!

RJC2001




So, Are we talking about $800 - $1000 for both pits, depending upon how it goes, more or less? Not cheap, but I envy the result. $100 per hour seems high, but I guess in fact it is $80. Some of the women have said one entire underarm can be done in a couple of hours if the person is good, realising you have to do it again and again as the hair cycles, but like you have said, there is a lot less the next time. I assume women's and men's pits are about the same in terms of hair quantity, depending on the person. I do not have hair all over like some guys do, in fact, I've seen plenty of women with more than I have. One thing I"m beginning to realize is most guys haven't a clue how much body hair women actually have.

Top
#19233 - 04/05/05 03:15 PM Re: Hair Removal by Ryan Ward
barrester Offline

Top Ten Contributor

Registered: 07/17/02
Posts: 306
Loc: california
Veinlover: I think you should be able to find a competent operator for about $60 per hour. Also my observation has been that women seem to have more underarm and pubic hair than men. The electrologists that read this board ought to be able to tell us the answer
_________________________
barrister

Top
#19234 - 04/07/05 03:29 AM Re: Hair Removal by Ryan Ward
RJC2001 Offline

Top Ten Contributor

Registered: 05/02/02
Posts: 1513
Loc: USA
Quote:



So, Are we talking about $800 - $1000 for both pits, depending upon how it goes, more or less? Not cheap, but I envy the result. $100 per hour seems high, but I guess in fact it is $80. Some of the women have said one entire underarm can be done in a couple of hours if the person is good, realising you have to do it again and again as the hair cycles, but like you have said, there is a lot less the next time. I assume women's and men's pits are about the same in terms of hair quantity, depending on the person. I do not have hair all over like some guys do, in fact, I've seen plenty of women with more than I have. One thing I"m beginning to realize is most guys haven't a clue how much body hair women actually have.




Electrolysis rates vary a lot depending on where you live. There are not many electrologists around me, and it's even more difficlut to find a good one. The high rates are one of the reasons I started with laser and am finishing with electrolysis.

James, our resident electrolysis resource, said in another thread that it usually takes about 3 full clearings to make the armpits hairless.

I've seen women with more arm and leg hair than I have, and I have an average amount in those areas. In Antigua, the women don't shave their legs. That was quite a surprise to me. And a lot women don't shave their arms, even here in the US.

RJC2001

Top
#19235 - 04/07/05 04:34 AM Re: Hair Removal by Ryan Ward
Veinlover Offline
Member

Registered: 06/12/04
Posts: 121
Loc: Chicago
I figured 3 full clearings, maybe 3 hours each, times $60 - $80 per hour, that is $600 - $800 for the whole thing. Just as a guestimate.

Regarding women's arms, the ONLY women I've seen shave their arms are bodybuilders, though I've seen lots of women who probably would look better if they did. I would guess more men shave their arms than women. And, While most people think women just have hair on their lower leg, I've seen women with more hair on their upper and lower legs both than I have, I was rather surprised myself. I would guess that on average women have a lot less hair on their quads and hams than men, but certainly there are women with a lot of hair all oveer their legs. I must say, I'm very glad Hollywood got women to shave their legs. Same with their pits, I've seen women with unbelieveable amounts of underarm hair, and, once again, that is my least favourite place to have hair, so once more, thank you Hollywood.

Top
#19236 - 04/08/05 12:37 AM Re: Hair Removal by Ryan Ward
RJC2001 Offline

Top Ten Contributor

Registered: 05/02/02
Posts: 1513
Loc: USA
Quote:

I figured 3 full clearings, maybe 3 hours each, times $60 - $80 per hour, that is $600 - $800 for the whole thing. Just as a guestimate.

Regarding women's arms, the ONLY women I've seen shave their arms are bodybuilders, though I've seen lots of women who probably would look better if they did. I would guess more men shave their arms than women. And, While most people think women just have hair on their lower leg, I've seen women with more hair on their upper and lower legs both than I have, I was rather surprised myself. I would guess that on average women have a lot less hair on their quads and hams than men, but certainly there are women with a lot of hair all oveer their legs. I must say, I'm very glad Hollywood got women to shave their legs. Same with their pits, I've seen women with unbelieveable amounts of underarm hair, and, once again, that is my least favourite place to have hair, so once more, thank you Hollywood.





I'll second that, thank you Hollywood!

While I'm thinking of it, how many shaves do you get out of one Venus cartridge?

RJC2001

Top
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Message to depilacionelectr(Jos
efa)

by Michael Bono
10:22 AM
DIY Electrolysis Equipment + Other Questions
by Greek
04/29/17 03:31 PM
Congratulations to Jennifer Lynn
by dfahey
04/29/17 09:36 AM
Wanting to train as an electrologist in NZ
by Iluv2zap
04/29/17 08:16 AM
Ingrown Extraction!
by AlineBetancourt
04/28/17 04:55 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9453
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3064
Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod