Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 39 < 1 2 3 4 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#20343 - 12/21/04 12:51 AM Re: first appointment soon!
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Ontario, Canada
just keeping an updated log on my experience for those who might still be hesitant of the process.

its been exaclty 6 days since my last txt and it feels like a year!

side burns...no growth at all
chin.. there is growth but all fine hair.. read jame's post plz.

scabs that were present before have completely healed.

been using polysporin ointment on my chin and sideburns every night because it works amazingly with scaring. (potential scaring that is).. but i got none so far.

tomorrow is my second appointment and i might expland to other areas of the body.

ciao
mediterranian skin. blk hair. started dec04 electro on chin, sideburns and chest bone.nipples aug05. how it began: http://www.hairtell.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/18706/page//fpart/1/vc/1

Thread Sponsors
#20344 - 12/21/04 10:19 PM Re: first appointment soon!
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

update:

i had my 2nd appointment today.

sideburns: not much hair to work on. took few seconds. great results.

chin: took longest as there were many fine hairs missed from last session and new growth of other hairs. not nearly as dark and thick as before my 1st treatment.

more painful this time, but i sucked it in and kept at 20 setting with the thermolysis machine.

moved on to new territory with upper chest. this was more painful and went down to setting 19 (which was still painful but better than 20).. i guess the chest is a more sensitive area than the chin and side burns.

the chest was reallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy red after treatment.. but right now its not as red.

aftercare: polysporin on chin and side burn. aleo vera on chest to bring down redness (and it really does work). later i am going to put polysporin on chest to aid in healing and prevent scaring.

the electrolysist says that i am her best result client so far! woohoo!!!

i hope that continues.

later.

p.s. let me know if anyone is annoyed by my updates and finds them unnecessary and i'll be happy to stop
mediterranian skin. blk hair. started dec04 electro on chin, sideburns and chest bone.nipples aug05. how it began: http://www.hairtell.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/18706/page//fpart/1/vc/1

#20345 - 12/22/04 06:37 PM Re: first appointment soon!
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Anyone who is annoyed can surf elsewhere, this is what this board is made to do, get personal experiences, and help educate.

Do I annoy people with my posts on this board? I sure do! Some have even expressed their annoyance famously on this very board. I happen to think, however, that those who want to hear me should not be punished because those who can't stop reading my posts, no matter how annoying they are, still come here to read them and get annoyed .

In short, keep it up, and we welcome others to do the same thing.

#20346 - 12/27/04 10:34 PM Re: first appointment soon!
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

As always james, you are an inspiration. thank you for your support.

..ok well then i shall continue now with my updates.

-its been two weeks since my very first electrolysis treatment on my chin and side burns and one week since my last treatment.

-right now.. thicker black hairs are found on my chin. (i believe they are the same ones i removed two weeks ago..as understandably, the hairs take longer to grow back and with maintance electrolysis they will reduce and eventually disappear with the growth cycles.)

-side burns do much better than chin.. till now, they barely have any hair and i started with them the same time i started my chin.

-my chest.. which i started later (1st treatment was last week).. developed some scabs,, which healed very quickly. and different here, then the face, i developed 1 or 2 white head pimples on my chest. I am not worried about those, as acne will clear on its own.

in general (after two treatments with thermolysis with fairly high heat ~ though this depends on the machine).. hairs grow much slower and seemingly fewer.. but we all know about different growth phases and each hair is different and will manifest at different times.

important things to learn (and anyone can say otherwise if they like): first full clearance treatments are essential for hair free maintance and high heat first treatment is great to jump start fast free permanancy. (this of course depends on person and skin tolerance)

good luck all.. my next and 3rd treatment is tomorrow.. though i have a feeling it will be extremely short as there are barely any hairs to treat!!

#20347 - 12/28/04 07:37 PM Re: first appointment soon!
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

hi all.. i had my treatment today. it went same as usual. a bit more painful, but still bearable (remember i dont use emla at all or any kind of cream). I went lower on heat setting for my upper chest, but same high setting for face.

This time though, there was a bit of bleeding. the electrolysis didnt say anything, but she took a kleenex and was whiping in between insertions. then when i got home, there were red spots where the bleeding was. i guess thats understandable as electrolysis involves needle insertion.

After treatment, i put aloe vera gel which works very well on bringing down the redness and pain. i'll use polysporin at night.

i did not schedual another treatment with her, as the hairs grow much slower now and treatments every week seem too much now. so i'll schedual an appointment when i notice enough hair growing out (i am guessing two weeks).

thats all for now.. ciao

#20348 - 12/28/04 08:17 PM Re: first appointment soon!
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Although your electrologist can work on you in two weeks, you might not find any hair for 3 weeks or more.

#20349 - 01/08/05 04:35 PM Re: first appointment soon!
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

hello andrea, james and all.

this is an update on my treatment for others to get an idea of electrolysis experience.

today was my 4th treatment (1.5 weeks since my last) on my chin and side burns (no chest today because there was no hair to treat )

so usually i had 30 min appointments.. this time it only took 15 mins!!! first hard quantitative proof of positive work.

The setting was my usual 20 for thermolysis. (remember this setting is calibrated and will be different for other machines)

Sometimes it hurt and sometimes it didnt. But bearable. I never use any kind of numbing cream.

electrologist was impressed with my progress. She asked if i wanted to do fine hairs. I said no because they were unnoticeable and she agreed.

I never touch my chin and sideburns between treatments with anything. i never plucked, shaved, bleached..nothing! and that is so important for long term success.

I also kept up with polysporin and aloe vera gel after treatments. polysporin is good for pain and scaring. aloe vera is good for redness and overall well being of skin. Polysporin is also a cool way to keep your fingers away from the newly treated area because its greesy and nasty to touch.

that is all for now.. good luck to everyone!!

-rachel

#20350 - 01/10/05 06:49 PM Re: first appointment soon!
ivelina Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Philadelphia
Quote:

p.s. let me know if anyone is annoyed by my updates and finds them unnecessary and i'll be happy to stop

MOST DEF. NOT! i'm very interested and i am sure there are many others following your updates. keep them coming.

#20351 - 01/15/05 03:52 PM Re: first appointment soon!
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

woof.. this has become a homework for me.. hehe..

ok i had my 5th treatment today (its been a week) on my chin and sideburns (and 3rd treatment on randam hairs on my upper chest bone)..3rd treatment because the hair there grows really slowly (and they are few) and takes longer to show up.

so anyway before i went in, the previous old dark black hairs were back very thin and light. i wasnt even embarrased or worried about covering it up when i went to school. i didnt even care! Before, i wouldnt be caught dead with the same thick black hairs showing and would have to obsessively pluck! That is some major improvement. (and after 5 treatments with thermolysis!)

the side burns grow reallllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy slow. everytime i go in for appointments, the lady barely has any work to do in that area. and she gets so excited too! lol

the chin however grows much faster and is consistent with hair growth at the end of every week. but the hair is much thinner and lighter.

this time it took 15 mins.. like last time. Remember, first time i went it, it took 30 mins.

I am still at the same setting of 20 for thermolysis.. which is considered a high setting (as the electrologist said) and she is very satisfied with my pain tolerance and results. (God bless)

She puts some witch hazel after every treatment and i go home and use polysporin and aleo vera (not at same time of course).

skin looks good. healing is good. I dont touch my face between treatments with any thing, but the usually washing of my face, and putting on the polysporin etc. In a shower, i am careful not to rub the area, ESPECIALLY if there are scabs. Being gental is the key.

Thats all for now. My next appointment is a week from now and i am expecting the same results from above.

good luck to everyone!
-Rachel

p.s. just wanted to add that the time i felt the least amount of pain was on my very first visit. its funny cause i was never able to go back to that "lesser pain" state. I still use the same high setting and the only explaination i can give is that the first time i went in, i was expecting something extremely painful and when i actually did it, it was nothing. Now, its bareable, but not like the first time, it was great!

#20352 - 01/16/05 06:33 PM Re: first appointment soon!
Bianca Offline

Loc: London
Hello rachelle,

I was just wondering do you remove your hair in any way inbetween treatments?

Bianca

Page 2 of 39 < 1 2 3 4 38 39 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
A sterm warning to anyone considering laser hair removal.
by Miamikitty
Yesterday at 08:54 PM
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
Yesterday at 07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
09/19/18 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
09/19/18 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
09/19/18 06:08 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod