consumer hair removal forum
Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#21176 - 03/01/05 04:11 AM Re: My Progress *****
Sav Offline

Loc: Fennimore, WI
Thanks Susie, I'm definitely to the point of sooooooooooooo sick of going! *grrr*

BUT....today went well. We worked for 2 hours, cleared everything but right under the chin. I am down for 2 hours again on thursday and we are going to mainly concentrate on that area under the chin. That hurts A LOT to me so she said she will get some numbing stuff for thursday.

I picked up some polysporin at the store today and began applying that as well as my aloe and tea tree oil (at different times of course).

Things are starting to look up, a bit at least. I'm just sick of going and want it gone, gone, gone, but I know I need to stick with it, so I will!

I will try to update pics tomorrow...they are gettin good

Good luck all,
Savannah

Thread Sponsors
#21177 - 03/01/05 10:02 PM Re: My Progress
Sav Offline

Hi all! I am feeling a lot better today. I'm really glad I've been keeping the pictures because you can SEE the progress a lot more that way than just looking in the mirror, or by feeling the area (still feels like the same amount of horrible hair to me). I would highly recommend keeping pictures (maybe not as obsessive as myself )

Anyhoo, my pics are updated: http://www.yesalbum.com/v001/sd101483

I, personally, am starting to see quite a difference from one pic to the next!

Savannah

#21178 - 03/03/05 11:55 PM Re: My Progress
Sav Offline

Hi all. Two more hours today. Went really fast, hurt quite a bit tho because it was right under the chin and down my neck. That part is always quite painful. That's really all that's left with hair to work on right now tho with the exception of a few strays on the side burns! I go back next week for 2 hours, may not need the entire 2 this time. That'd be GREAT! Getting there, slowly but surely.
Pics are updated @ http://www.yesalbum.com/v001/sd101483

#21179 - 03/06/05 03:32 AM Re: My Progress
Sav Offline

Updated pictures to show you how my skin looks the day after treatment with proper care. http://www.yesalbum.com/v001/sd101483 I'm getting there, even tho it sometimes feels that it's taking F O R E V E R!

Good luck all! If you have any questions please feel free to post, I check often!

-Savannah-

#21180 - 03/09/05 11:24 PM Re: My Progress
Sav Offline

Well it's been a week since my last appointment and it couldn't get here fast enough. I'm starting to run out of money so will have to drop to once a week for two hours (maybe even an hour) but I'm to the point where I don't really mind. I am so glad that I worked so aggresively at first and would highly recommend the same.

After a week w/o treatment we were able to clear the left side entirely (of course, there's new growth that is short enough not to be top priority) in a 2 hour session. A feat that took almost 8 hours to accomplish the first time around. I go again next wednesday for 2 hours and we will probably clear the right side out (this initially took just about 2 hours worth of work) and probably work on the left again.

Today hurt quite a bit starting out and I'm not sure why, but after about 10 minutes it didn't hardly hurt at all.

I was starting to get depressed thinking that there weren't any changes and so annoyed by the regrowth but after clearing out the left side today, in just 2 hours (again, compared to about 8 the first time) I can really see a huge difference. And that's the thing, I can SEE a differance when I look in the mirror, but it still feels like the same amount to the touch....I am determined to stick with it for at least one year, even if I have to cut back to just 1 hour a week, I will make it work!!!!

Good luck all, I will try to get pics updated later tonight and if I'm annoying anyone with my obsessive posting and pictures, please let me know...that's certainly not my aim!

Good luck all,
Savannah

#21181 - 03/11/05 03:59 PM Re: My Progress
Sav Offline

Sorry I'm slacking on the pics but they have been updated now! Just so everyone knows, there are 2 pages worth now...prehaps I'm going overboard? Anyhoo, again, you may view them here: http://www.yesalbum.com/v001/sd101483

#21182 - 03/17/05 12:06 AM Re: My Progress
Sav Offline

Hi all! It's been a week since my last appointment and, as always, I couldn't wait for it to get here! Today I was down for 2 hours but I got there early so she started about 10 minutes early and went for 5 minutes afterwards and just charged me for 2 hours! That rocks!

So, my total electro time is currently @ 24 hours (roughly, give or take 15 minutes here and there). I can't say I'm close to being done but I am finally noticing a big difference. Do keep in mind that I am doing my entire "beard" area and I probably have a lot more facial hair than what some of you are going for so naturally it's taking me longer. I feel I'm on track, but if anyone wants to offer me any advice either way, I'll gladly except! I feel with the amount of hair I had, I'm doing well. I started out going 2 hours at a time 2 to 3 times a week. At the beginning we could just make a small dent in the 2 hour time frame. Now with 2 hours once per week we can clear new growth from the entire left side and left chin (which had a lot more hair)(getting the really obvious hairs first) and we can do probably 3/4's of the right side..stopping just before the chin/under part of chin/neck. That, to me, is a HUGE improvement. Also, my skin is reacting much better now. Not that I had any major problems before, but now it's even less noticeable. Please check out the pictures. I've updated them. I do apologize for the random order of the pics. I try to get them in order, but it doesn't always happen http://www.yesalbum.com/v001/sd101483

If anyone has any questions or comments, I'd love to hear them! Hope you all find this helpful.

Good luck,
Savannah

#21183 - 03/19/05 05:44 AM Re: My Progress
Sav Offline

Hi all! Just a couple of quick things. I've updated the pics with a comparison @ 2 months. I can really tell the differance when looking at the pics. Please check it out!!

I noticed the other day that, even tho I'm still shaving, it takes me about 1/4 of the time that it used to. I don't have a noticeable shadow even after shaving any more, and, it doesn't grow in as fast. Example: I normally shower and shave around 10 am. By 9 pm there was always a noticeable amount of stubble to be felt. Today, however, I shaved at the usual 10 am and as I type this it is 11:30 pm and my face still feels totally smooth. By morning there will be stubble to shave, but, it's a least a lot less!

Any comments welcome!
Thanks all and good luck,
Savannah

P.S. Thanks to whomever rated me

#21184 - 03/23/05 09:31 PM Re: My Progress
Sav Offline

Hi all! It's been one week since treatment and things are going well. I've finally noticed a HUGE improvement in amount of growth. It still feels like the same amount but visually there is a lot less. Shaving time is about 1/4 of what it used to be and after today I think it may be even less than that!

I had a 2 hour session today and we have just one TINY little patch left under the chin. This puts me at about 26 hours of electro time. She was able to clear both left and right sides including side burns. I had some strays on my cheeks for the first time in a few weeks. Of course I noticed them last week the day AFTER my appointment and I about went nuts trying not to pluck them out! I'm an absent minded plucker so I just kind of go at it with my nails and don't even realize it I'm sure I'm not the only one tho!?

I have another appointment set for Monday and we have 2 hours scheduled. I am confident I will not need that much time and so am hoping to start on my upper lip at that time. Please check out the photos @ http://www.yesalbum.com/v001/sd101483 I think you'll see a very dramatic improvement!

Good luck all! As always, comments and questions welcomed!
Savannah

#21185 - 03/24/05 02:26 AM Re: My Progress
Sav Offline

A couple of random things I've been meaning to add but keep forgetting to!

1. It seems to be more painful now that I have a lot less hair, why is this? Prehaps she doesn't need the settings as high as she has them anymore?

2. I've found a wonderful moisturizer from Bath and Body Works. It's in their C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries line. It's a Deluxe Facial Moisturizer. It is pricey at about $20 (I got one free or I would not have tried it) but it is wonderful. Even tho it is $20 I would buy it again because it works so well and you need just a TINY bit so the bottle is going to last a good 6 months to a year I believe. I started using it about 2-3 weeks ago and have seen a very dramatic improvement in my skin. It is much clearer (it even cleared up blackheads I had on and near my nose ). I usually wait 1 day after electrolysis before using it (even tho it's mild, I like to keep the area clean except for tea tree oil and polysporin) but it seems to really help speed the healing. I'm assuming it has something to do with the chamomile in it. Anyhoo, can take a look @ it here: http://www.cobigelow.com/site/collection...ial_moisturizer

Just wanted to pass that along because I think it's a truly GREAT product!

Good luck all,
Savannah

Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by dfahey
Today at 01:26 AM
When Can I start and who to see In nj?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Showing my work...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
My Skin Years After Last Session
by dj355
10/21/17 04:36 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/19/17 09:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 119 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod