00beagle Offline

Loc: Australia
Great work JME!

Cheers from downunder....

Sponsored Links
#23920 - 10/27/05 02:43 AM Re: Sirna Update
malie Offline
Major Contributor

Thought I'd email them and see what is happening. Here is their response.

"We are still in basic Research and Development phase of this program. Clinical Trials would be due to start in 2007. Progress we are making will be publicly announced as we are a public company, so feel free to stay tuned!"

#23921 - 11/14/05 12:45 AM Re: Sirna Update
00beagle Offline

Loc: Australia
Thanks maile!

could be a while by the sounds, but still some positive prospects me thinks:)

b.

#23922 - 12/21/05 01:48 AM Re: Sirna Update
ChuckGo Offline

FYI I am just Filling in Sirna Info
---
Sirna Dermatology is developing new treatment solutions based on RNAi
technology. Sirna Dermatology's first product is a novel siRNA-based
product, Trichozyme, designed for permanent hair removal.

The company anticipates initiating human trials in 2006

Gene newly identified by Columbia researchers may improve hair
removal
www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2003-05/cuco-gni050603.php

Sirna Therapeutics Launches Dermatology Division Targeting Permanent
Hair Removal With siRNAs

www.datawarehousingsurvival.com/content/view/2574/2/

www.sirnaderm.com/index.html

short interfering RNA (siRNA)

Sirna Dermatology has targeted a critical gene essential for hair
growth and has demonstrated that reduction of this gene's expression
by a topically administered chemically modified siRNA permanently
disrupts hair follicle integrity in an animal model.

The company anticipates initiating human trials in 2006

Sirna's proprietary siRNA formulations are designed to be applied
topically to patienst in a series of physician administered
treatments. Sirna and Skinetics Biosciences have worked together to
conduct preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies showing that these
siRNA reach the cells at the base of the hair follicle, where they
inhibit the production of proteins necessary for hair growth. We
strongly believe siRNAs have the potential to profoundly impact
aesthetic procedures in the medical setting, such as permanent hair
removal, and we are excited to be a part of this ground-breaking RNAi
research in the dermatology area.

SirnaDerm's approach is to target the problem at the molecular level
by inhibiting the proteins that lead to excessive hair growth. Click
here to view a video of the process (1.8 Mb).
www.sirnaderm.com/media/mpegs/sirna2_WMV.wmv

#23923 - 12/25/05 10:44 PM Re: Sirna Update
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

I haven't checked this post out in a while. I was registered with a different e-mail address and forgot the p.w. and all so I re-registered.

I've been keeping an eye on Sirna for some time now. Not much new to report though. Plans are still for first phase trials to begin in 2006. With all the success they have had with their macular degeneration and hepatitis C work, which involves complicated delivery systems, the outlook for their hair removal treatment looks very good.

jme

#23924 - 02/16/06 05:23 AM Re: Sirna Update
gw2 Offline

Sirna is in the forefront of what may become the next quantum leap in drugs: RNAI technology. Hair removal is only one market; more "important" ones are Huntington's Disease, Age-related Macular Degeneration, Hepatitis C, diabetes, hearing loss, and cancer.

It will take a while to clear the FDA hoops, but clinical studies to date show remarkable effectiveness and lack of side effects. Sorry if I sound like a commercial for them, but I'm excited. This has real potential to change people's lives for the better! And yes, "magic creme" it will be.

#23925 - 02/16/06 10:13 PM Re: Sirna Update
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

They have had good success so far with there trials so far in other drugs. I recieved and e-mail from them saying that they plan recieve and IND filing (investigative new drug)this year. I was afriad that because it is not the most important drug in their pipeline it may take longer. However they seem to be intent on creating a hair removal product, probably because they realize the potential for profit the drug could have. I hope they realize that there is probably not one American over the age of 18 that commits some method a hair removal (that they wish they wouldnt have to) on a regular basis. A product that actually works and doesnt have the side effects or cost of laser, would probably be the most profitable cosmetic product ever.

Furthermore, for the doubters who say this is a magic cream that wont work. Come on, this is a product that was developed by the top researcher in hair removal and hair genetics (Christiano), which was then bought by a reputable company that has raised alot of millions (I dont know what the exact number is) of dollars in a few short years. Also their other drugs, based on the same technique of delivery have shown extreme promise (95% effeciency on hepatitis C, way better than laser can promise and this is just stage 1 clinical trials)in clinical stages.

Therefore all the people who work for a laser company who cannot admit that these drug has a legitimate chance and is different from hair inihibitor creams such as KALO is being completely biased and not looking at the facts

#23926 - 02/16/06 10:39 PM Re: Sirna Update
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Mack,

Although they plan trials later this year, this drug will make it to the public before all the other drugs they are working on. The main reason for this is that, Trichozyme (if it still has this name), is applied to the skin and does not get taken up in to the body like the others. Drugs that are ingested or injected generally have to go through a more rigorous test phase before they are approved.

If this treatment does pan out the way they believe it will, then the hair removal market is going to be wide open to them. Some don't seem to realize that advances are made in medicine every day...new procedures replace old. If a person had to choose between having this treatment, being zapped repeatedly by a laser, or poked by needles, I think most would choose this method.

jme

#23927 - 02/17/06 12:58 AM Re: Sirna Update
gw2 Offline

Another reason for Sirna to make hair removal an early target is that it's a relatively easy target. As a topical, it skirts the delivery problem that other RNAi therapeutics must address. Also I believe the targeted sequence is relatively straightforward, without the need to address mutant variants. And there may be less resistance to large scale adoption since nothing is injected or swallowed.

Sirna is in a race to prove the effectiveness and safety of RNAi technology, and to do it before competitors! So this will get early support. Then, they'll bring on the more difficult ones.

Just a speculation, but if they can identify and silence a gene sequence which produces hair, perhaps they can also find and silence a sequence which produces baldness. The markets are huge!

#23928 - 03/22/06 04:53 AM Re: Sirna Update
tehbeast Offline
Banned

Loc: California
how do i become a test patient ?

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Today at 10:51 AM
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
Today at 10:48 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
12/09/17 07:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3183
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod