Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#24014 - 06/21/05 01:49 PM Question for James *****
matt Offline
Contributor

Loc: nm
Hello James

I am considering electrolysis but cannot find any that seem to be worth while in my area. It seems like from your posts that you can remove hair at an extremely high rate. Because of this I would actually consider traveling to your area. I'm very far away (about 2000 miles)so it would require plane fare, hotel stay, etc.

1. Do you have clients that actually go to these extremes?

2. If I were to travel that far, I would need to gat as many hours done as possible. What is the maximum amount of time I could actually get treated during one sitting? I mean could I really lay there for 10 hours a day for two days straight?

3. If I get treated on my face, will there be temporary scarring?

4. What methods do you use and what is your hourly rate?

5. What % of hairs that you would remove would regrow?

6. Would you recommend waxing 2-3 weeks before to ensure all treated hairs are in the growth stage?

Thanks

Thread Sponsors
#24015 - 06/22/05 02:58 AM Re: Question for James
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Yes, I have many clients who do travel and stay over for a period of time.

I have cleared out full faces in one extended stay.

Most work in 3 to 4 hours sessions, break for a meal, and get back to it.

You will have swelling if we strip you bare in a straight march to clearance, but you won't have scarring, although some short term scabbing is not out of the question.

I use what ever works best for the client, as I can perform galvanic, blend and thermolysis. Of course, fastest clearance is obtained in thermolysis.

Don't wax your face prior to treatment. I would only suggest shaving 2 to 3 days prior to the start date of treatment.

The hairs I remove would have a low regrowth rate, but you would not know how good that was until a year later, when those hairs would naturally be back in phase, but no longer exist. You would still need additional treatments when your next phase of growth comes in, however. The most optomistic treatment schedule possible would be 4 treatments spaced over 9 to 12 months.

If I can find a place to host the pictures, I will put up some pictures of this type of work. As it happens, I have a client who has done just what you are talking about on the face, and has given me permission to post the pictures. I just have not gotten around to doing so.

#24016 - 06/23/05 02:26 AM Re: Question for James
mrhanky Offline

Loc: Sydney AUS
James,Is it always a minimum of 9 months to permanently clear any given area?

hypothetically, if one were trying to permanently clear an area the size of a golfball, would that still be a minimum of 9 months at least from before the area is ever touched to the point where it is cleared completely,forever ? Can it not be finished sooner, realistically?

I was under the impression that if you are clearing an area, and many hairs are not in growth phase, then once those hairs are zapped out, the next time they come back (which Im guessing may be in 2-3 weeks or so) they would be in growth phase, and then if zapped again , theyd be gone and if they were going to regrow,that might take another 4-6 weeks for them to come back again,albeit weaker or thinner, and then if they are zapped theyre gone for good, but if theyre gonna go another round then it might be another month or so, and so on.. and so on...?

Am I on the wrong path of thought there ?

I was just thinking that if you zap a hair that is out of grwoth phase, at the root , then the next thing that comes through that follicle can only be a new,growing hair right?
perhaps I have got it wrong as to how long that new,growing hair would take to be visible ? surely it isnt gonna take 9 months just for the follicle to regenerate a hair visible enough to zap is it?

*8 months of treatments later ....and still so confused about it all...

cheers,
Hank

#24017 - 06/23/05 02:57 AM Re: Question for James
md1239 Offline
Major Contributor

"James,Is it always a minimum of 9 months to permanently clear any given area?"

Electrologist's take on this varies but most say - the least I have heard is 6 months - somewhere between 8-12 months.

"hypothetically, if one were trying to permanently clear an area the size of a golfball, would that still be a minimum of 9 months at least from before the area is ever touched to the point where it is cleared completely,forever ? Can it not be finished sooner, realistically?"

Same duration of time but you would just not be forced to go as often as you would with a large area since there was not as much hair there to begin with.

What you see poking out of your skin at any given time is roughly 1/3 of the total amount of hair you have in that area. You must complete all three hair cycles to make sure that each of these hairs has had the glorious oppurtunity to be put to their grisly death.

#24018 - 06/25/05 03:39 PM Re: Question for James
mrhanky Offline

Quote:

Hello James

6. Would you recommend waxing 2-3 weeks before to ensure all treated hairs are in the growth stage?

Thanks

I dont think waxing an area a few times could really cause all the hair there to be pushed into the growth stage, all at once.
surely this couldnt work could it James?

Hank

#24019 - 06/25/05 10:06 PM Re: Question for James

Top 10 Contributor

No, waxing won't push all hairs in growth phase, what it will do is take out all the shedding hairs, and what does grow in over the next couple of weeks is, of course growing. So you will have nothing but growing hairs, but there will still be hairs that have not yet poked out above the surface of the skin.

As for the 9 month question, it takes that long for all hairs to make an appearance above the surface of the skin just once. As far as zapping a hair that is growing, but not doing a good job, that hair would be back in a matter of weeks, or it might take until the next year to show up again.

#24020 - 06/26/05 10:49 AM Re: Question for James
mrhanky Offline

Quote:

No, waxing won't push all hairs in growth phase, what it will do is take out all the shedding hairs, and what does grow in over the next couple of weeks is, of course growing. So you will have nothing but growing hairs, but there will still be hairs that have not yet poked out above the surface of the skin.

As for the 9 month question, it takes that long for all hairs to make an appearance above the surface of the skin just once. As far as zapping a hair that is growing, but not doing a good job, that hair would be back in a matter of weeks, or it might take until the next year to show up again.

many thanks for the reply James, prompt as usual..

first off , wouldnt it then be worth it to wax a couple of weeks beforehand if only to ensure that any single hair that is treated is most certainly growing ? that way the electrologist would not be wasting time zapping resting hairs, which will only grow back anyway.. just as they would have after being waxed.

and also... What would be the distinguishing factor in whether a zapped growing hair comes back a few weeks later or a whole year later ? or is it just one of those things thats impossible to say?

cheers James,
Hank

#24021 - 06/26/05 11:58 AM Re: Question for James

Top 10 Contributor

It is worth it for the reasons you discussed on a first clearance, after that, it is counter productive.

One could not say which hairs would be back in a few weeks, and which ones would not be back until next year.

#24022 - 06/29/05 11:18 AM Re: Question for James
SIMRAN Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: pm me to no
this is just so i get more of a clear idea here...i have some questions james could you please clariify since it seems u have quite an experience on this

after reading a number of posts sav, rachel and their experices it seems they keep going in for hours at a time...maybe they getting a number of areas treated thats why so long 2-6 hours a week and evry week for months from what iv read

this is just an example...say if some1 is getting treated a very small area a few stray hairs on chin for example 10-12 hairs(far-fetched, but for making my explanation easier) anyway say that was the case then im pretty sure you can get a clearence of that in your 1st treatment probly within 15 minutes right

now iv read that electrolysis destroys 50-60% of hair in initial treatment right so say one may need to go in for about another 3 sessions for my example above every week..

and then what hapens after week 4? here wait until for hairs to get back in anagen phase i.e. (4-6 weeks)....or still keep going to electro every week? thats what im confused about? (bcoz james u mentioned in a couple of posts i read here that one should hit it hard at first then later on its easier)
but my question is after youv had that area cleared meaning hairs with probes inserted at least 2twice...do you really need to go every week still or go in like 4-6 weeks?

by cleared you mean the whole area treated right ?

as i myself have a small area that i want to get treated and im prrety sure if i get a good electrologist i could get it cleared(i.e. all the area treated) in 30 minutes probly less in 1st session...so what next

just asking so i can be sure and if i do decide to go ahead with this i will have a good idea of what to expect from the electrologist that i go to and no whether im getting conned or what

#24023 - 06/30/05 12:45 AM Re: Question for James

Top 10 Contributor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Josefa M. Reina
07:13 PM
Electrolysis on legs
by Josefa M. Reina
07:10 AM
Hairtell restructuration needed
by Iluv2zap
12/15/17 11:52 PM
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Roselake21
12/15/17 10:32 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
12/15/17 10:30 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3185
Who's Online
0 registered (), 78 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod