Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 20 of 39 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#25679 - 06/06/06 07:13 PM Re: missing some posts???
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
rachelle, any reason why you're only doing 15 minute treatments and skipping certain areas where you have hair to remove at the time? wouldn't it save you some money and time to extend to 30 or 60 mins appts at a time? also, my concern is that waiting too long will put certain hairs out of the anagen phase.

Thread Sponsors
#25680 - 06/07/06 03:51 AM Re: missing some posts???
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Ontario, Canada
lagirl,

i have been doing electrolysis on these areas for about a year and half so the hairs grow alot slower and dont need for example weekly treatments or longer treatments. also, some areas i dont want to work on frequently because i want the skin to heal before getting hit again.

the nipple area for example needs about once a month work. the chin and chest bone. once every 2 weeks. so it just works out that not every time i go i get work on all areas. sometimes there just isnt hair in a certain area to be worked on and so instead is worked on the next time when the hair does come out.

and sometimes when i initially go in to get work on a certain area and notice that my electrologist is focusing on an area, i let her spend the full time there and not let her know i need work some place lese. cuase sometimes its just better to let her focus and fully clear an area and let her take her time instead to rush to another area.

am not worried about the growth cycle. i have been doing this for a long time now and there is not alot of hair left, nor does it grow as fast.

remeber i am doing thermolysis and its FAST. so 30 min treatment is wayyyyy more than enough.

thank you for your post.
-rachel
mediterranian skin. blk hair. started dec04 electro on chin, sideburns and chest bone.nipples aug05. how it began: http://www.hairtell.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/18706/page//fpart/1/vc/1

#25681 - 06/07/06 06:20 AM Re: missing some posts???
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
thanks for explaining

#25682 - 06/17/06 07:36 PM Update!
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

hey all. i had a 15 min appointment today.

recall that last time we jacked up the heat for the chest bone and it did do alot. this time there wasnt that much growth and like a few dark hairs to take care of. i told her to lower the heat cause it hurt a bit in that area but she was like lets keep it high cause it works better so i sucked it up and kept the high setting.

we did chin today as always. she did a bit more clearing here as well. am thinking of raising the heat here too just like i did for the chest bone and see if it will help speed things along.

side burns there were a couple of hairs but nothing that would bother me. remmeber this area is pretty much done and over with.

nipples were done today as well. its been about a month or more since any work was done there. so the hairs there were fairly long an di never bother to clip them. the nipples are kinda tender now but no redness or anything. it looks no work as been done there.

i had witch hazel on after and thats all i will do for after treatment. i had taken a shower in the morning before my appointment so i wouldnt need to take one after or tomorrow cause that woudl aggrivate the freshly worked on skin.

today i got a weddding to go too so i know i got to avoid putting make up on my chin.

thats all for now! take care everyone and good luck!

-rachel
mediterranian skin. blk hair. started dec04 electro on chin, sideburns and chest bone.nipples aug05. how it began: http://www.hairtell.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/18706/page//fpart/1/vc/1

#25683 - 06/30/06 06:42 PM Today's treatment.
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

update again

today's appointment 15 min. focus on face only. i told her that i wanted a really good clearance of the chin/sideburn/face area cause for two reasons

1. i have a party today
2. no work really to be done on chest bone and nipples.

i also told her to increase the heat cause it did wonders on my chest bone and so am hoping it would do the same with my chin that is taking too long to finally be done with! remember i started work there december of 2004!

I had witch hazel on right after treatment. and it was kinda hurting abit cause of the higher heat. right now i feel no pain and have washed my face once since treatment which was 5 hours ago. i wont touch my face and tonight for the party am not gonna put make up on the areas that were treated.

my concern now is i have to take a shower and i know its not a good idea to shower and irritate newly worked on skin. so i'll be extra careful with that.

i guess thats all really. there really isnt any black hairs left to treat. its all thinner lighter but long hairs that are mainly the targets now. remember when i first started, i had thick black hairs from years of plucking.

ok later all and good luck to everyone!

-rachel

#25684 - 07/22/06 06:25 AM Rachel 3 week update
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

hey guys,

i havent forgotten about hairtell. its just been 3 weeks since my last appointment. so i had one today for 15 min. worked on chin, side burns chest bone and nipples.

i wanted an appoiment last weekend but was unable to get one. so from that time till today i trimmed the hairs on my chin with sissors once.

the side burns are doing AMAZING! they are not my worries at all anymore and have been so for months.

the chin, still needs alot of work and its starting to get anoying at how long its taking.

the chest bone still perplexes me. i started that the same time as sideburn and chin. it had the laeast and finest amount of hair from all YET it still needs a fair amount of work. the hairs still come out (just not as fast as others) but its still there, and long and some are dark. the side burns that were darker, thicker and longer are gone now, but the chest bone that was lighter, thinner are still there and needing work.

remember exactly a year ago this time, i was on vacation and for two months i hadnt done electrolysis and i was struggling to control the hair on my chin area esp. and james had repeatedly adviced me that around this time that i keep regular appoimtnets to make up for that summer lost in treatments. so hopefully things will improve in this mont or next. cause by december this year it will be my two year anniversary with electrolysis and i am hoping i would be done by now!! its getting very expensive and i have been doing it consistenly and regularly.

2 years! my mom is gonna freak out. she's always been against me going for electrolysis btu i really got no other option right now. and i got hope that its working. it has for my side burns!

oh btw, jacked up the heat again for all areas. it was painful but i stuck it out. will see wht happans

-rachel

#25685 - 07/22/06 06:06 PM Re: Rachel 3 week update
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
A couple of questions, rachelle:

Did you start out with a lot of chin hair that was coarse and have you been getting full clearance every time you go?

Are the hairs on the nipple area much thinner and sparser? Thought that would not be a problem at this point.

Also, I'm wondering if there is more hair being recruited to grow on your chin area and breast bone area? You have been so good with your schedule, except for last summer, and I'm wondering why you aren't finished by now.
Do you think these are the same hairs you started with?

Lastly, regarding your Mom, only tell your Mom when the results are evident, like with your sideburns.

Thanks for staying loyal and posting your updates.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#25686 - 07/22/06 08:51 PM Re: Rachel 3 week update
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

oh dee thanks for your post!! to answer your questions:

"Did you start out with a lot of chin hair that was coarse and have you been getting full clearance every time you go?"

yes i started out with dark thick black hair in my chin area. and yes i get cleared every time i go, except for few haairs that the elctrologist doesnt see and i see when i get home. there is a total difference for sure! i mean there are like a coupel dark hairs that pop up, mostly its all fine hairs now. but should i be completely, permantly with no hair? thats my concern now , not that there are dark hairs, cause there arent really .

"Are the hairs on the nipple area much thinner and sparser? Thought that would not be a problem at this point."

the hair nipples are sparse yes, some are thick and some are thin. remeber nipples i started in august of last year (if i remeber correctly) so it hasnt been a year yet for them. but it takes about 3+ weeks for them to grow out.

"Also, I'm wondering if there is more hair being recruited to grow on your chin area and breast bone area? You have been so good with your schedule, except for last summer, and I'm wondering why you aren't finished by now.
Do you think these are the same hairs you started with?"

well about recruiting, am not sure how i can tell that. the chest bone hair is situated most all in the left side of my chest bone from a bad waxing experiment to see if i can get rid of a pigmentation problem in the left neck area(and with that just one try, hair came out of which am getting treated for now). the hairs cover easily with bleach. thats what i did last summer in my trip. they are not thick at all, but why is it that they are thin but still taking long to get rid of??

"Thanks for staying loyal and posting your updates."

THANK YOU for replying to my post! i hope i answered your questions and is able to help me.

do you think i should see another electrologist? or do blend instead of thermolysis?

i mean electrolysis is working for me, but its slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. at first my electrologist said i wil be done in no time cause i was taking a real high heat (she said amont the best from her clients), but it will be two years soon and am still taking high heat and not done yet.

hope to hear from you soon.

-rachel

#25687 - 07/23/06 03:11 AM Re: Rachel 3 week update
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Well, now rachelle..... your question about should you see another electrologist after almost 2 years of treatment might stir up some debate here on hairtell if I really told you straight on what I think. So I'll choose my words as best as I can.

You have seen progress. Your sideburns are great, but your still working on the nipple area and breastbone after all this time. Hairs are finer and sparser. Okay, that's progress, too. You will have to rely on your gut feeling whether you should switch to someone else at this point.

I can only relate this to what I experienced when I had electrolysis many years ago on my legs, a large area, with a lot of hair. I was done within two years. That was with my first electrologist. Later, I decided to do my underarms with another electrologist because the first one had retired. My underarms were completed in about 15-18 months. Now that I am an electrologist, I have enough data in my patient files to say that for the areas you describe, I'm not seeing clients nowhere near 2 years.

Your electrologist see's you up front and personal and I don't have the priveledge to know you as a client. So you will have to decide for yourself whether you stay or go. You know we always say and underscore stuff here like "get extra consults" so you can make an informed decision about who can best solve your problem.

We wish you continued, speedy success.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#25688 - 07/23/06 10:17 PM Re: Rachel 3 week update
Lisa Stephens LE Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Fair Oaks, CA
I agree that you should be very, very close to being finished with your treatments. Most clients do not take this long to complete. It is true that the timing is faster with thermolysis, yet if your hairs have been epilated TOO quickly or the machine setting has been set too low the blood supply that nourishes the hairs is not cut off. Have you felt the hairs being removed i.e. pulling or have they slid out without resistance? Properly treated hairs slide out of the follicle.

Assuming that your hormones are stable and after reading your previous posts, I believe that your hairs have not been adequately treated and that is the reason you have seen so much re-growth.

Page 20 of 39 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 38 39 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
TEMPORARY SIDE EFFECTS WITH ELECTROLYSIS
by Michael Bono
Lasting results
by Stephgold
09:07 AM
One month on...
by Stephgold
06:38 AM
Hairtell restructuration needed
by dfahey
02:40 AM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by dfahey
01:54 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9614
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3186
Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod