Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#25759 - 10/12/06 02:06 AM Re: back again
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Quote:

Hi Rachael,

Have a question. The vellus hairs that the eletrologist removed, will it take 9 months to get rid off that? Sometimes I wonder if it is a good idea to remove the vellus hair removed coz if that doesn't bother then why remove it? moreove removing vellus hair so far into the treatment could also lead to extended treatments & additional costs, is that right?

Thanks,
June

the vellus hair always take less time to get rid of than the darker thick problem hairs. Because these hairs were not tampered with and their roots uncomplicated (usually). usually there is no need to remove vellus hairs cause they are very fine and light and is just the natural part of the skin and gives the face that "normal" human characteristic. however in some people its slightly more or some ppl just simply want even the vellus gone. its more of a preference i think. i mean my first electrologist suggested that i leave my vellus hairs alone cause they were no big deal and i aggreed. however this new electrologist suggested that i remove some of them case they were fairly longer and darker than other vellus hair evne tho they wer vellus themselves. so i dunno yet. i might do one or two sessions to clear those hairs just for the heck of it knowing very well i'll need more than just one or two treatments.

regarding extending treatments and money. well your right. more hair, more time, more money. thats why its a choice you must make. and if you want also vellus hairs gone than you should start with them from the beginning of your hair electrolysis hair removal endevor. anyhow, even if down the line you decide to do vellus, you still got time, cause the dark problem hairs that much longer and so vellus wont be a problem even if you do start late with them.

good luck. hope i helped answer your questions.
=rachel
mediterranian skin. blk hair. started dec04 electro on chin, sideburns and chest bone.nipples aug05. how it began: http://www.hairtell.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/18706/page//fpart/1/vc/1

Thread Sponsors
#25760 - 10/12/06 04:42 AM Re: back again
JoanieH Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: S.F. Bay Area, Hayward
Quote:

Hi Rachael,

Have a question. The vellus hairs that the eletrologist removed, will it take 9 months to get rid off that? Sometimes I wonder if it is a good idea to remove the vellus hair removed coz if that doesn't bother then why remove it? moreove removing vellus hair so far into the treatment could also lead to extended treatments & additional costs, is that right?

Thanks,
June

Hi June,

One of the things I usually do when clearing the upper lip, cheeks and chins on my female clients is look for longer and darker vellus hairs. These are known as "accelerated vellus" and have become deeper and will have began to develop a bulb. When they are in that state, something is triggering their growth and if left untreated, they will often times become terminal hairs, getting deeper, darker and coarse. When they are still in the accelerated vellus stage, I can zap them very quickly at low power and they come right out. There usually are not a lot in that condition and I will usually knock them off at the end of the treatment, after I have cleared out the terminal hairs. It saves both my time and the client's cash in the long run.

All the best,
Joanie

#25761 - 10/14/06 12:24 AM Re: back to the expensive place
Zelda Offline

I guess I can understand that but I am only a customer and I thought I was being nice, contributing and such.

#25762 - 10/14/06 01:38 AM Re: back to the expensive place
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Thank you very much for your enthusiasm. Don't let me discourage you from contributing. I am glad to know that you are not someone just trying to "schill" for a practice.

Please accept cyber hugs and cyber flowers. I apologize.

#25763 - 10/27/06 08:09 PM October 26th, 2006 update
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

hey all

i had a 30 min appointment yesterday. i hadnt gone for more than two weeks i think, which is great! i mean to last that long with minimal hair growth. i have stopped going to my old electrologist and been steady with this new posh place.

it cost me 40$ for this treatment which is the msot i ever spent on one session of electrolosis. this place is alot more expensive, but the work is great, the after reaction is almost none existant and am very pleased with the results.

the bulk of the time was spent on the chin/face and nipples. she did a really good clearance on face and did some of the vellus hairs as well. last time she showed concern that she would like to do some of the longer vellus hairs that i never cared about before. anyhow she did work on those along with the usual dark black hairs around the chin.

the rest of the time was for the nipples. there wasnt that much to begin with, but she was doing vellus hairs around the nipple as well in addition to the dark hairs. i hadnt done nipple in a while. this area has the slowest hair growth for me. all i need are like treatments once a month.
there were a few ingrowns that she had to get out that were stuck underneath the skin and causeing a bump (some with puss..but that was only one. i hadnt even noticed it.)

um what else. after treatment, the lady put this cream on my face. and i was off. the breast were a bit tender but that quickly subsided like an hour later. At home i avoided touching my face with my hands or washing it.

i took a shower that night but avoided touching my face with the hot water. i had only washed my face this morning before going to work.

its been about 24 hours later. and right now there is no tenderness or pain or anything like that. the face looks like i had no work down except for maybe the fatty part of the chin. like a few red dots. same thing with the nipples. but nothing anyone would notice.

i dont expect much scabbing. which is great and i dont expect pimple formation as i had with my other electrologist. i wish i new about this place when i first started. God only knows if i would have been done by now but am not bitter at all. thats what was meant to be and hairy or not, i am happy with my life, my self and continue to work hard for what i want and thats all that counts.

the only issue in all this (Aside for it taking too long)...is the money issue. am still hiding appointmetns from my mom so she wouldnt nag me about how much am spending. I am planning on getting another job to help pay. I am a student intern in a clinic (no pay) and work a small job at the college, but it doesnt pay alot and so i hope i can fit in another job so that i can do more with more money. Right now my dad has been paying for everything. and i just feel guilty.

anyway thats all. if anyone has any questions or concerns plz dont hesitate to message me or post here.

another thing. me posting here after every treatment is great for me cause i get to follow my progress! hehe. i just look back and see how far i have come.

tata

rachel
mediterranian skin. blk hair. started dec04 electro on chin, sideburns and chest bone.nipples aug05. how it began: http://www.hairtell.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/18706/page//fpart/1/vc/1

#25764 - 10/31/06 06:47 PM Just to add..
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

hey all,

two days after my last treatment. i got some red scabbing in the nipple area. it was also the most painful during treatment but bareable that i didnt really mention it in my other post. no scabbing in the chin area or face.

now, 5 days later. scabbing is 75% gone. skin is smooth. no hair growth in nipples. none in face or chin. i can feel like 5 hairs around the whole face that are sligthly thick. but these are ones that came out after treatment (they werent visible enough to be zapped 5 days ago).

I got a clay face mask on. hadnt done one in months and then i'll take a closer look at the skin to see how its doing. so far so good.

thats all. just thought i would update post treatment by days.

-rachel

#25765 - 11/10/06 01:57 AM update nov 9th 2006
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

hey all

had another appointment today. at the posh place. remmeber i am nto going back to the place i been going for about a year and half.

so i went in initially for 20 min. but endd up beign 25 cause the lady said she wanted to clear more.

so we concentrated on the face for htese 25 mins. i hoped we could have done chest bone. but thtas ok. the hairs arent that noticeable anyway.

i have a party tomorrow and my main concern is my face. so its not now am glad.

i used to go every week for treatment. now its gone down to every two weeks. my mid december, it will be 2 years that i have been getting electrolysis.

after the treatment she squezzed some black heads. lol that was hilarious, and she was laughing too. she said that she saw them and couldnt help it looool. i didnt mind haha. am still laughing.

after all that she put this cream on my face and i was off to home. its about 4 and half hours later and right now it looks i have no work done. there is no readness, no nothing. i havent touched my face since as to not irritate it.

i guess thats all for now. if anyone got any specific questisn just ask. i kinda got generic when i post my updates. lol dont know really what else to say.

-rachel

#25766 - 11/24/06 01:15 AM Update nov 23th 2006
rachelle Offline
Top 10 Contributor

hi all,

about 50 mins ago, i just finished from a 20 min electrolysis session on my chin and chest bone. i hadnt done the chin in about two weeks and the chest bone in about a month or so (cant remeber).

the area is red now. especially the chest bone as it always is cause its most sensitive. nothing new to mention really.
i still got a few dark hairs. the chest bone is doing good as even the electrologist said a month without work and it looked pretty good. so am glad.

and of course i had another argument with my mom. she even asked for me to make a list of the money. and i told her its in the thousand. and i whispered to just leave me alone. and again she keeps telling me if i only did laser, i would have been done by now. and i keep telling her, i did the research. THOROUGHLY and laser is not for me!!! not for my face! and i was not about to risk more hair growing! its my face!! i feel like yelling sometimes.

I am an educated girl soon to be doctor and i think i know a littl ebit about research and how to know if something works for me not, but my mom still doesnt get it. she believes what her friends told her (1 friend to be exact) about hwo laser was great for her. i dont care about that friend. this is my face and i aint fooling around with it. now i agree with laser for underarm and the rest of the body, but for my face, noway!

phew!

alrighty thats it for now. good luck to you all.
rachel

Edited by rachelle (11/24/06 01:16 AM)

#25767 - 11/28/06 05:30 AM Re: Update nov 23th 2006
laserhater Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Stick to your guns! You are smart for researching & I always look forward to your posts. Good luck.

#25768 - 11/28/06 01:57 PM Re: Update nov 23th 2006
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Doesn't it feel good to vent, rachelle? Be independent of the "good" opinion of others AND..... You don't owe any one a money explanation for the things you buy, even if it is your mother.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Page 28 of 39 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 38 39 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Today at 05:46 PM
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
Today at 11:36 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
12/09/17 07:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3183
Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod