3 cups Sugar [I use organic cane sugar - as I get best results with it, and this recipe have not really worked with other types of sugar]
2 and 1/2 cups water
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Put all the ingredients in a heavy sauce pan and bring to boil [High].
2. Leave it at a rolling boil for about 2 minutes, and then back-off heat [so that it is still boiling but a calm one]
3. Watch for the color at this point - it should turn into light golden brown [approx. 25 minutes]
4. Next, lower the heat to simmer [The mixture should be simmering on this heat.]
5. Watch for the color at this point - it should turn into definite brown [approx. 20 minutes]
6. Take it off the heat immediately.
7. Let it calm down and cool a bit in a pan. Then pour it into a heavy container. After cooling it at room temperature ... spoon a piece, stretch it and twist it to pull off the hair. [Apply in opposite direction of hair, pull in the direction of hair]
It is better to start using the mixture next day ... else it might seem it has cooled down but truly it is not -- as you will see it will be really sticky and messy the day one ... paste heating much more quickly with body heat, than usual.
My 2 cents!