consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#33295 - 06/07/06 04:47 AM Quest pharmatech
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

Just wondering if anyone has any information on this product. It looks like it could be a good product and is already almost done with phase 1 of clinical trials. Just dont know much about the method or company. thanks. looking for anything thats better and more permanent than the current methods which suck

Sponsored Links
#33296 - 06/07/06 04:48 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

sorry the website is

www.questpharmatech.com

#33297 - 06/07/06 01:30 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Could you give us a synopsis of what product this company makes that you are referring to?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#33298 - 06/07/06 08:32 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

Sorry I was referring to the compound SL-017 and its use it cosmetic hair removal. It is already in clinical trials and it says it has recieved seven of the ten patients (whatever that means) anyways i was just wondering if these is a new and probable technology. or if these is just another version of something that is already out there and obviously doesnt work

#33299 - 06/08/06 01:42 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I thought maybe this product might be rival technology to Sirna Dermatology's investigation into an RNA interfering product called Trichozyme. Trichozyme would be applied directly to the skin and the medicine would reach the bottom of the hair and interfer with the protein production which is necessary for causing hair growth.

Here's what they wrote:

"Quest PharmaTech Inc. Receives Health Canada Clearance
Quest PharmaTech Inc. (Edmonton) announced that its contract research partner, Innovaderm Inc. has received clearance from the Therapeutic Products Directorate of Health Canada to initiate a Phase I clinical trial to investigate the topical application of its lead photodynamic therapy (PDT) compound SL017 as a treatment for acne and also for the removal of unwanted hair. The Principal Investigator for the trial is Dr. Robert Bissonnette MD. This planned study will be in addition to the Phase I clinical trial of ACP-SL017 for photodynamic therapy of Actinic Keratosis ("AK"), which is currently underway at the University of Alberta, with Dr. Jaggi Rao as the Principal Investigator. The results from this trial are expected to be available in Q1 of this year."

This is light therapy plus topical medication?? You could e-mail the company for clarification. I'm aware of Sirna's efforts, but not familiar with this. Sorry. If there are some hairy researchers types that read hairtell, please help out if you can.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#33300 - 06/09/06 06:47 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

This is light therapy of a certain wavelength that is activated when the light hits the chemical. I believe that PhotoDerm in Europe is working on something possibly similar.

These new treatments (Quest, Sirna etc)are coming out not so much to rid the world of hair (although they do hope to capture a large part of the market)...a lot of this research is proof of concept for other therapies, such as cancer, huntingtons disease etc.

#33301 - 06/21/06 05:23 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

Heres the newest post they put on they put on there website. The only question I have is that they intend to use it for dark hair individuals right? It never really says and mentions light hair and hair that has already been put through laser treatment. thanks

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi?rkey=1406205051&view=43406-0&Start=0

#33302 - 06/21/06 06:18 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
hairybastard Offline
Major Contributor

The gel that they use is transfered into folicile and the light works together with the gel at the follicical level so it's not collor dependant which sounds great. I emailed the Doctor and this is what I got:
"Thank you very much for your interest in our hair removal product under development. We need to wait for one more trial, which is anticipated to be completed by the first quarter of next year, before taking steps to launch the product for sale. Meanwhile, we believe our product is superior to laser hair removal for the reasons outlined in our news release. Although, it is yet to be determined, we anticipate using our product only once to remove the unwanted hair in a setting wherever appropriate light sources are available. Also, it is possible to sell the product directly to the consumers. However, it will take some more development at the light source level"

I hope it actaully kills the hair. Just like electrolisys for it to be effective the needle needs to touch follicile. So if that gel is capable of reaching the root of hair and use a light source to activate the get to kill the root than their theory sound very believable. I know what most laser techs and electrologist are going to say but I Think it may be superior to laser

#33303 - 06/21/06 10:14 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Like everything else, there will always be advances over other treatments. Modern medicine is constantly evolving, so some treatments will fall to the wayside as new technology comes about.

I thought that they were just starting trials, but if they are this far along they must have some good results if they are talking about releasing it to the public by next year, or the year after.

#33304 - 10/18/06 05:19 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi?rkey=1409272537&view=43406-0&Start=0

Heres the latest news from questpharmatech. They are selling the marketing rights in Asia for their hair removal product. They still are unsure of the capability of their product. But this means that actual people outside of the company see something in their product. Hopefully they are right and they hurry the crap up haha.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Skin Type
by Iluv2zap
10:51 AM
Gentlemax Pro Settings Advice
by Toronto4305
12:28 AM
DECTRO TREATMENT TABLE/ BED, APILUS XCELL MACHINE
by surprise
08/16/17 04:23 PM
Am I scarred?
by dfahey
08/15/17 04:37 PM
Another French Medical Plucker
by James W. Walker VII
08/15/17 08:59 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9542
James W. Walker VII 8036
Andrea 4147
Michael Bono 3100
Who's Online
0 registered (), 146 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod