consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#33295 - 06/07/06 04:47 AM Quest pharmatech
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

Just wondering if anyone has any information on this product. It looks like it could be a good product and is already almost done with phase 1 of clinical trials. Just dont know much about the method or company. thanks. looking for anything thats better and more permanent than the current methods which suck

Sponsored Links
#33296 - 06/07/06 04:48 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

sorry the website is

www.questpharmatech.com

#33297 - 06/07/06 01:30 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Could you give us a synopsis of what product this company makes that you are referring to?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#33298 - 06/07/06 08:32 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

Sorry I was referring to the compound SL-017 and its use it cosmetic hair removal. It is already in clinical trials and it says it has recieved seven of the ten patients (whatever that means) anyways i was just wondering if these is a new and probable technology. or if these is just another version of something that is already out there and obviously doesnt work

#33299 - 06/08/06 01:42 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I thought maybe this product might be rival technology to Sirna Dermatology's investigation into an RNA interfering product called Trichozyme. Trichozyme would be applied directly to the skin and the medicine would reach the bottom of the hair and interfer with the protein production which is necessary for causing hair growth.

Here's what they wrote:

"Quest PharmaTech Inc. Receives Health Canada Clearance
Quest PharmaTech Inc. (Edmonton) announced that its contract research partner, Innovaderm Inc. has received clearance from the Therapeutic Products Directorate of Health Canada to initiate a Phase I clinical trial to investigate the topical application of its lead photodynamic therapy (PDT) compound SL017 as a treatment for acne and also for the removal of unwanted hair. The Principal Investigator for the trial is Dr. Robert Bissonnette MD. This planned study will be in addition to the Phase I clinical trial of ACP-SL017 for photodynamic therapy of Actinic Keratosis ("AK"), which is currently underway at the University of Alberta, with Dr. Jaggi Rao as the Principal Investigator. The results from this trial are expected to be available in Q1 of this year."

This is light therapy plus topical medication?? You could e-mail the company for clarification. I'm aware of Sirna's efforts, but not familiar with this. Sorry. If there are some hairy researchers types that read hairtell, please help out if you can.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#33300 - 06/09/06 06:47 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

This is light therapy of a certain wavelength that is activated when the light hits the chemical. I believe that PhotoDerm in Europe is working on something possibly similar.

These new treatments (Quest, Sirna etc)are coming out not so much to rid the world of hair (although they do hope to capture a large part of the market)...a lot of this research is proof of concept for other therapies, such as cancer, huntingtons disease etc.

#33301 - 06/21/06 05:23 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

Heres the newest post they put on they put on there website. The only question I have is that they intend to use it for dark hair individuals right? It never really says and mentions light hair and hair that has already been put through laser treatment. thanks

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi?rkey=1406205051&view=43406-0&Start=0

#33302 - 06/21/06 06:18 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
hairybastard Offline
Major Contributor

The gel that they use is transfered into folicile and the light works together with the gel at the follicical level so it's not collor dependant which sounds great. I emailed the Doctor and this is what I got:
"Thank you very much for your interest in our hair removal product under development. We need to wait for one more trial, which is anticipated to be completed by the first quarter of next year, before taking steps to launch the product for sale. Meanwhile, we believe our product is superior to laser hair removal for the reasons outlined in our news release. Although, it is yet to be determined, we anticipate using our product only once to remove the unwanted hair in a setting wherever appropriate light sources are available. Also, it is possible to sell the product directly to the consumers. However, it will take some more development at the light source level"

I hope it actaully kills the hair. Just like electrolisys for it to be effective the needle needs to touch follicile. So if that gel is capable of reaching the root of hair and use a light source to activate the get to kill the root than their theory sound very believable. I know what most laser techs and electrologist are going to say but I Think it may be superior to laser

#33303 - 06/21/06 10:14 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Like everything else, there will always be advances over other treatments. Modern medicine is constantly evolving, so some treatments will fall to the wayside as new technology comes about.

I thought that they were just starting trials, but if they are this far along they must have some good results if they are talking about releasing it to the public by next year, or the year after.

#33304 - 10/18/06 05:19 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi?rkey=1409272537&view=43406-0&Start=0

Heres the latest news from questpharmatech. They are selling the marketing rights in Asia for their hair removal product. They still are unsure of the capability of their product. But this means that actual people outside of the company see something in their product. Hopefully they are right and they hurry the crap up haha.

#33305 - 10/20/06 06:43 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
Eddy Offline
Major Contributor

Hi,
I have been e-mailing the company on their product and so far have received some mixed responses. The first reply was that they hoped to produce a product which DELAYED the hair regrowth in comparison to shaving or depilliary products.
Obviously this is clearly not the permanent solution we all seek.

I wrote back stating that I was confused and thought they were trying to develop a product more effective than laser, not mere shaving and depilliaries!
The reply to that was more along the lines with what has already been discussed in the thread (possible one treatment, use on all skin types, better efficiency than laser, etc).

However with the mixed response from the same doctor I have to say I have lost a bit of confidence in the company. You would think that they would know if they were clearly on the verge of a major breakthrough in the area, and it is still very much a penny stock on the TSX.

But I haven't lost all hope. The Asian sale does seem to indicate that there is some positive interest in the product. I guess we should just listen closely to their clinical trial results, due early next year I think.

I have tried contacting these guys as well: http://www.photoderma.com/

They seem to be developing a similar product (stating a release in late 2007!) but aren't answering any e-mails. Again, seems a little shady. :-(

As it stands I really believe that Sirna offers the best hope of developing the magic cream we all await.

http://www.sirna.com/wt/page/product_pipeline

With the quality of researchers at Sirna and the fact that they are a much bigger firm (stock currently over $7.00, and up significantly this year) I think they are in the best position to really deliver.

But hopefully Quest and Photoderma might be able to come up with something better in the meantime, as Sirna looks to be some 3 or more years away from a marketable product.

All up to the scientists really!

Cheers...Eddy

Edited by Eddy (10/20/06 06:47 AM)

#33306 - 10/20/06 08:43 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Eddy,

I also tried to contact them as well with no response. I think you will find the same with Sirna though. I think sometimes the only way to get a straight answer is to call them up.

I think that a product that delays the growth of hair that works better than shaving or depillatories could still be a good option for home use.

As for Sirna, we are in the 4th Quarter of 06 and nothing has yet been announced. I've read different sources that say Sirna may be announcing something big in the coming weeks. That may be one of the reasons the price of the stock has increased a bit over that last few weeks. This doesn't mean though it has anything to do with their hairless treatment, it could be a new partnership or news from one of their other studies.

This is something else I read on a forum, so take it with a grain of salt. Someone was talking about an individual they knew that has macular degeneration. This person could no longer drive, but they were one to take part in the AMD trials through Sirna. She has since been cleared to drive again by her doctor.

Translate that in to a much simpler delivery for hair removal and I think things could turn out well. We are also not talking about a treatment that needs to be inhaled, swallowed or injected so the definitely helps speed up FDA approval.

If you end up hearing from either of the other two companies or if you call them, let us all know.

jme

#33307 - 10/21/06 12:38 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
Eddy Offline
Major Contributor

Hi again,

Yes I have been noticing the recent climb in the Sirna stock as was considering a buy a few months ago when they were at $4.50, wish I had, as are above $7.00 now.
So it does make you wonder if they are set to make a big announcement, but I believe it will be in one of their other areas if so.
I have been listening online to some of the science conferences that Sirna has been presenting at and they have failed to bring up their hairless product in any of them. I think their main focus at this point is their MDG product (as they have a large partnership with Allergan there).

I do agree with you that success in an area as complex as the human eye will hopefully translate into quicker progress on their hairless product. However I also feel that scientists would rather be working on products that save lives rather then merely improving dermalogical "cosmetic" conditions (as much as these conditions do effect our daily lives). But perhaps this is why they choose not to mention it at the science conferences, as it is not exactly life saving science at work.

However a breakthrough in the hairless product will translate into substantial profits which will be able to fund their other areas of research, and I am sure this is what they have in mind.

According to their thereaputic pipeline an announcment on either their hairless product or Hepititis C product should be due in the fourth quarter this year...so could be either of these I suppose.

As always, just have to wait and see.
I'll keep you updated if I hear anymore.

Cheers....Eddy

#33308 - 10/21/06 12:59 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
Eddy Offline
Major Contributor

Just thinking a little more on this issue and always have these conspiracy theories swirling around in my head so forgive me if this sounds crazy.

Obviously it is a little early yet but say Sirna or Quest is getting very close to a "magic bullet" product. One would think that the big boys like Gillette (aka Procter and Gamble) might see this and fear serious bites taken out of their shaving cream and razor markets (am not saying that the demand for razors will ever disappear but if Sirna were to say come out with a magic cream that was cheap and easy to use in permanently removing hair, what woman in her right mind wouldn't use it on her legs, underarms, etc to avoid the sometimes daily chore of shaving?)...Profits would fall substantially if this were the case.

So as far as I can see Procter and Gamble might have two options here:

1. Partner up with Sirna/Quest to assist in funding/developing/marketing the new product in return for royalties on sales. Still profits from their razor/shaving cream divisions will go down as less are demanded, factories close, and P&G employees lose jobs.
In addition sales of the magic cream while at first would be lucrative would eventually taper off as more and more ppl get "their fix" and no longer need it. Of course there will be new adolesants entering the market all the time, to keep up a steady demand for the product, but this is nothing when compared to the levels of demand for razors and shaving cream which ppl need to use throughout their whole lives.

OR

2. Using the billions of dollars at their disposal to buy the patent/rights to sell the product from Sirna/Quest, and bury the product preventing its release...keeping their stranglehold on the shaving/razor market where it is (very healthy at the moment, have you seen the cost of Mach 3 blades!?!). Using confidentiality agreements to keep it all tightly under wraps and forcing the public to continue their lifelong addiction to razors/sharving creams.

Which do you think they would choose? I'm hoping scenario 1 but have no idea how huge corporations operate when threatened. I would feel sorry for those who might lose out, but this is inevitable as we strive for new and better technologies in replacing the old. Surely scenario 1 is better for the advancement of society.

What do you think?

Edited by Eddy (10/21/06 01:07 AM)

#33309 - 10/21/06 01:32 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

I'm not one to believe in the conspiracy theories. I would think even if a company like Gillette was looking at this technology, I don't think that they would bury it.

I'm not sure what the cost of Sirna's product is going to be, but I have to assume it's going to be expensive. Possibly more expensive than what an individual would pay for a life time of razors. Many men may choose never to use this on their face to get rid of their beards, so I don't think they would lose that market. They probably would gain since more men and women who have used no hair removal methods for certain areas of their body may now make use of this product.

#33310 - 10/28/06 09:48 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
newbie133 Offline
Contributor

lol this one seems like its gonna b out pretty soon ahy. i went on the website it says market end of 07..
thing is though on the site it says that its "suitable for fine vellus hair"
doesnt sound as promising as siRNA.. lets just hope that these things get a move on with it.. seems like theres a light at the end of the tunnel ppl. peace

#33311 - 10/28/06 10:11 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Newbie,

When it says that it is suitable for fine vellus hair, it means that it will be effective against fine hair which is something laser is not able to easily treat. I believe that it will be able to treat the coarse hair similarly to laser.

There has been some talk on whether this is "permanent" or "long-lasting." They haven't really given a definitive answer on that.

Whether it's Quest, SIRNA or whoever...any progress and work in this field is a good thing. The idea of not getting zapped by a laser or poked by a needle appeals to just about everyone I think. Hopefully that time is coming soon.

#33312 - 11/21/06 03:33 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Anyone hear any more on this?

#33313 - 11/21/06 04:00 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

I found this. This doesn't appear to be Photoderma since this one is in Germany. It sounds similar to Quest though.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/gui/show/NCT00371930?order=1

Looks like they will be taking patients in the future for trials.

#33314 - 11/21/06 09:16 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
Eddy Offline
Major Contributor

Certainly seems to be a lot of work going on along these lines (ie. topical application then activation via light source) with new researchers popping up everyday.
Let's hope we see a breakthrough soon.

#33315 - 11/28/06 12:49 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

I ended up writing Quest last night to find out any new developments. I asked when they expected this product to make it to the general public and also whether or not they knew if this would be a temporary, long-lasting method or permanent.

They wrote me back today and said that they are in the process of initiating another clinical trial which should answer the questions I inquired about. The trial is anticipated for the middle of 2007.

#33316 - 11/30/06 11:46 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
Eddy Offline
Major Contributor

Hmm looks like PhotoDerma will beat them to the punch then, as both companies seem to be working on the same product. PhotoDerma continues to say they will have a product ready by the end of 2007 on their website however this hasn't been updated in some time and we still don't know if PhotoDerma expects to have a product capable of permanent removal.
Waiting, waiting, waiting

#33317 - 12/06/06 01:32 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
Baron Offline
Contributor

Quote:

I'm not one to believe in the conspiracy theories. I would think even if a company like Gillette was looking at this technology, I don't think that they would bury it.

I'm not sure what the cost of Sirna's product is going to be, but I have to assume it's going to be expensive. Possibly more expensive than what an individual would pay for a life time of razors. Many men may choose never to use this on their face to get rid of their beards, so I don't think they would lose that market. They probably would gain since more men and women who have used no hair removal methods for certain areas of their body may now make use of this product.

I loathe conspiracy theories in general, but not in this case. Well, it's not even a conspiracy theory, actually. It's just plain and simple capitalism. Companies are not here to help people, they're here to make money. I'm pretty sure that companies like Gilette are willing to pay a lot for a patent for a product that could virtually wipe them off the market.

Besides that: I've been following news on permanent hair removal for quite some years now. Fact is that there is and always has been talk of a new promising product or technology. Nevertheless, practically nothing has changed. Every year there's a new scam, every year there's a new desillusion. The only real change has been laser hair removal. And that is not exactly a big competitor for major companies like Gilette, ... , so they let it slide. But you can always keep dreaming about a miracle product coming along, of course. But it's a bit naïve, if you ask me.

Having said this: they could of course make the product expensive enough, so that regular people stick to razors, waxing and depilation creams and only committed people buy their product. But that's a long shot, from their point of view.

#33318 - 12/06/06 11:18 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Everyone is entitled to their opinion when it comes to matters like this, but it's almost as bad as people believing the government has a cure for cancer or AIDS and is just keeping it away from the public. Doesn't work that way.

If Gilette really wanted to keep people away from hair removal solutions other than shaving, they would have bought up all the patents to laser or vaniqa. They certainly would have bought out little Sirna before Merck if they were concerned, or better yet Skinetics before the "secret" got out.

#33319 - 12/07/06 09:09 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
Baron Offline
Contributor

Quote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion when it comes to matters like this, but it's almost as bad as people believing the government has a cure for cancer or AIDS and is just keeping it away from the public. Doesn't work that way.

If Gilette really wanted to keep people away from hair removal solutions other than shaving, they would have bought up all the patents to laser or vaniqa. They certainly would have bought out little Sirna before Merck if they were concerned, or better yet Skinetics before the "secret" got out.

Those are very strange comparisons. Excess hair does not compare to AIDS or cancer, first of all. The consequences of AIDS and cancer are slightly more severe, wouldn't you say? After all, excess hair is a cosmetic problem, nothing else. AIDS and cancer are not exactly cosmetic problems. If people were to die from excess hair, then the situation would change.

Secondly, as I explained, Vaniqa and laser are not competitors for Gilette at all. They're not going to sell one depilatory or razor less because of laser or Vaniqa. Common people (with no excess hair) don't go to a spa to get their legs/chest/... lasered and don't use Vaniqa, because it's simply not worth the while. But they do use a razor or a depilatory instead. Thus Gilette doesn't mind about laser or Vaniqa. On the contrary, if they could make enough profit out of these products, they'd probably make them themselves.

Now, if there would be a product on the market that would free all people from hair for a fair price and without going through a painstaking process (eg product described above), then Gilette would be seriously in trouble and try to do whatever they can to stop that product from getting on the market. That's not a conspiracy theory, but simple, basic capitalist logic. And after all, what profit would any company make of a product that would people make rid of their hair permanently? Then they would make no more profit, because there would be no clients at all left. You seem to think that companies think in the interest of people like us, and try to do whatever they can to help us, but they don't. They think in the interest of their shareholders. If you think that's a conspiracy theory, I'm afraid you're wrong, imho.

But, as I also pointed out, there might be an "escape route" from all this, if they succeed to make a product that has a price setting that is interesting enough for committed people like us (who are willing to pay a little extra) and not interesting at all for common people, who are not bothered by their hair. The solution would be that they create a product that only appeals (by its price, for example) to that particular part of the market. Any other product would kill giants like Gilette, ... . Therefor, you can still hope such a product is created. But a easy, fair priced product that is accessible for everyone? Think again. Not as long as it's a free market (what's in a name) out there.

#33320 - 12/07/06 11:08 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

I don't believe anyone thinks this is going to be a product that is going to be something cheap you get over the counter. Sirna already stated it would be administered by a physician.

#33321 - 12/08/06 10:55 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
Mack10 Offline
Contributor

Baron,

I agree with you that a company who creates a product such as permanent hair removal is going to manufacture it in such a way as to bring them the greatest profits possible. Therefore, they would benefit from physician administered or multiple sessions required, etc... However I dont think you have any clue over what a free market stands for. A free market does not allow the formation of monopolies that can control and push their influence on other companies in order to manipulate the market. There is a huge system of checks and balances which prevents this. Now one can argue they could buy the product and then destroy it themselves. However I have already described on this website how it would not be beneficial for a company such as sirna to sell such a product to company that will not use it. This is due to the fact that a major portion of thier profit from such a sell would come from royalties and milestones in furture usage. I think the sell of Sirna Inc to Merck is a perfect example of how people are interested in permanent hair removal and how companies like gillete cannot not stop it because there are companies that have close to or has much money as proctor and gamble (owner of gillette) who are interested in bringing a product like this to the market because the demand is high enough.

I am tired of people thinking of conspiracy theories, lets focus on creating a product that actually works before we start shouting out conspiracy theories.

A free market allows companies to sell whatever product they feel the market has a high demand for. I think this is proven by the amount of companies that have jumped into the race to create a permanent hair removal product.

#33322 - 12/09/06 03:00 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Amen,Mack! Well said.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#33323 - 12/28/06 02:18 AM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

"Quest PharmaTech Strengthens its Patent Protection for SonoLight Technology"

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi?rkey=1412053457&view=43406-0&Start=0

This from a December 5th news announcement on Quest's website. It seems Quest is applying for 8 patents with 6 of these patents being directed for their "Sonolight Technology."

This includes treatment for prostrate cancer, acne, as well as hair removal. Perhaps Quest sees much success in their trials so they are making sure that intellectual property remains theirs.

#33324 - 01/10/07 04:50 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
jeffk Offline
Contributor

#33325 - 01/10/07 05:20 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Here's the fullview of this news release about SLO17 Topical Gel. Thanks for the information.

"Quest PharmaTech Initiates a Fifty Patient Pivotal Clinical Trial for Cosmetic Hair Removal Applications
Trading Symbol: QPT: TSX Venture Exchange

- SL017 Receives Health Canada Clearance -

EDMONTON, Jan. 9 /CNW/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. ("Quest" or the "Company")
is pleased to announce that it has received clearance from the Therapeutic
Products Directorate of Health Canada to initiate a Fifty Patient clinical
trial to investigate the appropriate light dose to be used with the topical
gel for cosmetic hair removal applications of its lead photodynamic therapy
(PDT) compound SL017. The Principal Investigator for the trial is Dr. Robert
Bissonnette, M.D., President of Innovaderm Research in Montreal. Innovaderm
has already received necessary ethics committee approval to recruit patients
for this trial. The trial is anticipated to be completed in six months.
Quest has already completed a Phase I study for the assessment of
histological localization of SL017 Topical Gel in hair follicles. The Phase I
study results demonstrated that the product is well tolerated with
preferential localization of the drug in hair follicles.

Note***The current trial is designed to study the combination of SL017 Topical Gel with Intense Pulse
Light for hair removal.***

Permanent removal of unwanted hair remains a considerable therapeutic
challenge. Over the past few years, new technologies have emerged for hair
removal. One of them is photo-epilation. This technology is based on laser and
other light sources emitting in red and/or near-infrared wavelength regions.

NOTE*****Although these techniques have been shown to induce permanent hair reduction,
a series of 4-8 sessions, and sometimes more, are required. In addition, this
will only achieve a 75%-85% permanent hair reduction and the use of another
technique, such as electrolysis is often necessary after the laser or Intense
Pulse Light treatment. Another main limitation of light based hair removal is
the inability to reduce the number of blond, red or white hairs.*****

The use of SL017 that localizes in the hair follicle has the potential to overcome these
limitations and enhance the effectiveness of photo-epilation.
Quest's strategy is to market SL017 to Asian and Canadian consumers as an
"aid for hair removal with an approved light based depilatory system". The
Company is in the process of registering SL017 as a cosmetic ingredient with
International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredient. The Company is also
developing an 'over the counter' light delivery system that will expand the
market potential of SL017. In September 2006, Quest reached an agreement with
KMH Co., Ltd. of Korea to distribute SL017 in Asia for cosmetic hair removal.
The Company is seeking strategic partners for SL017 for North America and
Europe.

About Quest PharmaTech Inc.

The Corporation is a publicly traded (TSX Venture Exchange: QPT),
Alberta-based drug development company committed to the development and
commercialization of new pharmaceutical products. It is developing a series of
products for the treatment of cancer and dermatological conditions based on
its unique photodynamic and sonodynamic therapy platform.

Note: ****Except for historical information, this press release may contain
forward-looking statements, which reflect the Company's current expectation
regarding future events. These forward-looking statements involve risk and
uncertainties, which may cause but are not limited to, changing market
conditions, the successful and timely completion of clinical studies, the
establishment of corporate alliances, the impact of competitive products and
pricing, new product development, uncertainties related to the regulatory
approval process and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's
ongoing quarterly and annual reporting.

"TSX Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved of the
information contained herein."

%SEDAR: 00008400E

For further information: Dr. Madi R. Madiyalakan, CEO, Tel.: (780)
448-1400 (Ext. 204), madi@questpharmatech.com, Web site:
www.questpharmatech.com
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#33326 - 01/10/07 11:25 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
hairybastard Offline
Major Contributor

hey say that it will be marketed to consumers from canada and Asia. Is it because Canada doesn't require to have III phase trials to market the product unlike United States?

#33327 - 01/10/07 11:33 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

That's definitely some good news. In 6 months we should have a good idea how well this treatment will work.

#33328 - 01/11/07 06:42 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
hairybastard Offline
Major Contributor

I emailed them asking how long do they think it would take to market this product to consumers. They said they are targeting 2008. WOW:) If everything goes as planned we can have superior hair removal in a year or two. Fingers crossed!!

#33329 - 01/11/07 09:52 PM Re: Quest pharmatech
jeffk Offline
Contributor

thanks for that hairyb.

#38687 - 01/26/07 02:36 AM Re: Quest pharmatech [Re: jeffk]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Here is a small write up on Quest's phase I clinical trial for hair removal. It doesn't give any results but it "compares" their method with laser.

http://www.questpharmatech.com/sl017.htm

#39754 - 03/01/07 10:59 AM Re: Quest pharmatech [Re: jme1]
Eddy Offline
Major Contributor

Anybody know for sure if the Quest clinical trials have started yet? They said six months right? Anyone know when their results will be stated?

#39784 - 03/01/07 11:56 PM Re: Quest pharmatech [Re: Eddy]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Yes Eddy,

Trials have started. They will conclude by June they said. I tried writing them before trials started and they replied when the second trial would begin and end. I wrote them again but never got another response.

#39956 - 03/07/07 01:18 AM Re: Quest pharmatech [Re: jme1]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

A little bit of new information that shows progress of the SL017 compound from Quest.

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi?rkey=1503056628&view=43406-0&Start=0

Quest PharmaTech Closes `Over-Subscribed' Private Placement

- $960,000 in equity financing

EDMONTON, March 5 /CNW/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. ("Quest" or the "Company") announces that further to its January 24, 2007 news release, and subject to TSX Venture Exchange approval, the Company has closed its non-brokered private placement with the sale of 9,600,000 units ("Units") for gross proceeds of $960,000, including $165,000 raised from insiders of the
Company. Originally, the Company expected to raise $800,000 (including $300,000 from our strategic partner KMH Co., Ltd.) through the sale of 8,000,000 units. However, due to an increase in demand, the Company has increased the size of the private placement. The Company still anticipates receiving an additional $1,300,000 of equity investment from KMH Co. Ltd. upon
reaching certain milestones related to commercialization of SL017 for hair removal applications.
The Company is pleased to announce that it has already achieved one such milestone by successfully registering SL017 as a cosmetic ingredient with the International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredient as well as with the Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association. In addition, the Company has registered SL017 in Canada as a new substance to allow import/export of the
chemical.
The Units under the current private placement were sold at a price of $0.10 per Unit. Each Unit consisted of one common share of the Corporation ("Common Share") and one-half of one non-transferable share purchase warrant ("Warrant"). Each whole Warrant entitles the holder to acquire one additional Common Share at a price of $0.20. The warrants will expire 12 months from the date of issue.
The Units were issued to qualified purchasers in Alberta, British Columbia and outside of Canada in reliance upon exemptions from the applicable registration and prospectus requirements of securities legislation. The Common Shares and Warrants comprising the Units and the Common Shares issued upon
exercise of the Warrants are subject to a restricted period which expires 4 months from the date of issuance of the Units. The funds raised will be used for general corporate purposes over the coming 6 months including completion of the ongoing 50 patient hair removal clinical trial in Canada.
"I am very pleased with the overwhelming response we received for this round of equity financing. In addition, I am excited to welcome new investors into the Company including a few from Europe" said Dr. Madi R. Madiyalakan, CEO of the Company.

The Corporation is a publicly traded (TSX Venture Exchange: QPT), Alberta-based drug development company committed to the development and commercialization of new pharmaceutical products. It is developing a series of products for the treatment of cancer and dermatological conditions based on

Except for historical information, this press release may contain forward-looking statements, which reflect the Company's current expectation regarding future events. These forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainties, which may cause but are not limited to, changing market conditions, the successful and timely completion of clinical studies, the
establishment of corporate alliances, the impact of competitive products and pricing, new product development, uncertainties related to the regulatory approval process and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's ongoing quarterly and annual reporting.

"TSX Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved of the information contained herein."

#39962 - 03/07/07 05:22 AM Re: Quest pharmatech [Re: jme1]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Can you explain what SL017 means? Is that the permanent hair removal topical?

Can you break all this down into 5th grade terms? It sounds like they are coming up with some venture capital to move ahead on these ideas? Yes? No?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#39970 - 03/07/07 02:29 PM Re: Quest pharmatech [Re: dfahey]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Hi Dee,

Yes, SL017 is the topical that contains a certain which contains a derivitive of Hypocrellin B. This chemical actually comes from a fungi that is parasitic to bamboo.

Anyway, this pigment has been found to react under certain wavelengths of light. It is a photosensitizer. I believe that Quest first started looking at this pigment as a treatment for acne. It was their hope the treatment would migrate to the subaceous glands. Once there a light treatment would destroy the bacteria found in the subaceous glands that are causing the acne outbreak. However, they found the treatment did not migrate to the subaceous glands, rather it migrated to the hair follicle (approximately 30 minutes after 30 minutes after application). The pigment does not remain in the epidermis or dermis and it is quickly broken down so there any side effects are nil.

To answer the second part of your question...yes, they are looking to raise capital to continue their trials. They are a publicly traded company so it would basically be the same as offering more stock to the general public.

#39971 - 03/07/07 03:26 PM Re: Quest pharmatech [Re: jme1]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thank you jme. That all sounds vey exciting.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#40310 - 03/15/07 11:34 PM Some info on PDT [Re: dfahey]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

#40315 - 03/16/07 12:47 AM Re: Some info on PDT [Re: jeffk]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Thanks Jeff...

It sounds like a lot of research has been going on with PDT. After reading the third link, I believe that Quest Pharmatech has done a lot with PDT retention, so that probably won't be an issue.

#40323 - 03/16/07 04:17 AM Re: Some info on PDT [Re: jme1]
Eddy Offline
Major Contributor

I dunno Jme, this is the first I have heard about PDT retention but these articles often seem to be referring to ALA (Aminolevulinic acid). Quest is not using this acid as a photosenitiser (they are using Hypocrellin- parasitic fungus on bambo) so perhaps this doesn't have the same issues with PDT retention?
I suppose there will be side effects with everything though. Hopefully those participating in the clinical trails aren't harmed.

#40334 - 03/16/07 07:59 PM Re: Some info on PDT [Re: Eddy]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Eddy,

This newer generation of PDT photosensitizer is "95% metabolized and cleared from the body within 24 hours, freeing patients from the need to hide from the sun for weeks after treatment."

This is dealing with cancer treatment but these newer compounds would also relate to those used in hair removal (Quest).

http://www.nextgenerationpdt.com/store/default.pl

#40339 - 03/16/07 09:22 PM Re: Some info on PDT [Re: jme1]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

Eddy & JME1,

You are right, Quest isn't using ALA, they use another compound like you both suggested. Here is another Quest patent which partly deals with hair removal.

Patent:

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=WO2007016762&F=0

Has anyone a clue what this could be??

http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/ne...sutism-naturals

Sounds like Kalo stuff

Edited by jeffk (03/16/07 09:49 PM)

#42019 - 05/09/07 08:57 PM Re: Some info on PDT [Re: jeffk]
Eddy Offline
Major Contributor

Well for anyone who is interested Quest stock has been up over 100% in the last three days so maybe there will be good news on the clinical trials (results due in June?). Although they did just issue a press release regarding their prostate cancer drug so maybe it has more to do with that? Anyways they have a bit more funding now to continue their research!

#42024 - 05/10/07 02:32 AM Re: Some info on PDT [Re: Eddy]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

I hoping an answer is on the horizon!

#42036 - 05/10/07 08:00 PM Re: Some info on PDT [Re: mike856nj]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

Thanks again, Eddy.

There is some more news on their webpage's news section today.

#42042 - 05/11/07 12:58 AM Re: Some info on PDT [Re: jeffk]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

#42059 - 05/11/07 08:11 PM Re: Some info on PDT [Re: jeffk]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

It seems that they are selling stock with regards to the SL017 compound. Companies generally do this to generate revenue for a project. It will also allow them to collect royalties in the Asian market when this compound is released. Their partner KMH in Korea is doing clinical trials and will register SL017 as a cosmetic product according to this article.

I think all of these are good signs. We should know more once Quest completes and reports their findings in June from their second set of clinical trials

#42127 - 05/14/07 09:09 PM Good news here... [Re: jme1]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi?rkey=1505148560&view=43406-0&Start=0

I don't think they would release this news and make such an agreement if the clinical trial II wasn't a success.

Edited by jeffk (05/14/07 09:26 PM)

#42128 - 05/14/07 09:37 PM Re: Good news here... [Re: jeffk]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Jeff,

You beat me to it. Yes, I think this is very good news.

Article below from http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/070514/quest_pharma_param_nt.html?.v=1

"Quest PharmaTech and Paramount BioSciences Sign Exclusive Multinational License Agreement to Develop and Commercialize SonoLight Technology for Dermatology Applications
Monday May 14, 11:16 am ET

EDMONTON, AB and SAN DIEGO, CA, May 14 /CNW/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. ("Quest") (TSX: QPT - News) announced today that Paramount BioSciences, LLC, has acquired multinational rights to Quest's proprietary SonoLight technology for dermatology applications. Paramount BioSciences is a global drug development and healthcare investment firm with a portfolio of life-sciences-focused companies. The deal gives Paramount BioSciences access to a library of Hypocrellin B-derived photosensitizers which are activated by light or ultrasound energy sources. Quest's SonoLight photosensitizer technology is designed around Hypocrellin B, a complex small molecule isolated from a parasitic fungus (Hypocrella bambusae) normally found in Chinese bamboo trees. Multiple Hypocrellin B derivatives are available for evaluation in a wide variety of dermatology and oncology indications. The lead compound, SL017 formulated as a topical gel, has been combined with a widely available light source for permanent removal of unwanted hair and for treatment of actinic keratosis.
Under the terms of the agreement, Paramount BioSciences is responsible for dermatology-related development and commercialization activities outside of Canada. In addition, the agreement with Paramount BioSciences allows KMH Co. Ltd. to develop SL017 as a cosmetic for hair removal in Asia and acne in South Korea. In return, Quest will receive an immediate upfront payment and potential future milestone payments in excess of $35 million USD plus royalties on sales. Quest will retain Canadian rights for dermatology and worldwide rights to non-dermatology applications.

"Paramount BioSciences is very excited to be involved in the SonoLight program. We have already mobilized our in-house team to begin product development and lay the groundwork for the Paramount portfolio company that will continue development and ultimately commercialize this novel technology," said Bertrand Liang, Vice Chairman of Paramount BioSciences.

Quest is exploring the possibility of introducing SL017 topical gel to the Canadian cosmetic market for permanent hair removal after the completion of their ongoing clinical program. KMH has recently initiated a clinical program with the objective of registering SL017 as a cosmetic product for hair removal in Korea.

"I am very pleased to have found a strategic partner like Paramount BioSciences who shares our vision in the potential of our SonoLight Technology, and has the expertise and financial resources to develop SL017 for the U.S and European markets," said Dr. Madi R. Madiyalakan, Chief Executive Officer of Quest."

#42223 - 05/17/07 10:10 PM Re: Good news here... [Re: jme1]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am still thinking of some unanswered questions.

Do they want to sell only the cream or in combination with a home-use light device? Or do normal people have to buy such a home-use laser device system which cost thousands of $$$?

If they only sell the cream, do they sell it to normal people who can apply it before they go to a normal treatment?

Or will they sell the cream to some practitioners who will charge their patients extra big $$$$ for this "new technology"?

I belive I read somewhere that they also waant to develop a home-use device?

Edited by jeffk (05/17/07 10:29 PM)

#42234 - 05/18/07 07:35 AM Re: Good news here... [Re: jeffk]
Eddy Offline
Major Contributor

I think they do have a home use device in mind eventually. But to begin with I think this will be sold to practitioners (both the cream and the light device to be used together) and it will likely be expensive. I mean if it really can penetrate the hair follicle and be activated/destroyed by the light then this may be a ONE TIME procedure in which all the hair you want destroyed can be, permanently, without regard to the hair cycle.

This will of course be a huge advantage over current laser which is between 8-12 sessions costing up to $1000 each. As a result laser clinics (who will likely be the ones selling this new procedure) will want to charge through the nose for it so as to not completly wipe out their old laser business (and the machines they have already spent tens of thousands of dollars on).

On another note I am unsure of the sale to Paramount. If the clinical trials were going really well why would Quest want to sell off what could be a huge cash cow in the future?
On the other hand one has to asssume the results are positive, or else why would Paramount be interested in acquiring the rights?
Perhaps Quest's current finacial situation is so dire that they were happy to take the upfront payment and a percentage (royalties) of any future sales so that they could secure their immediate future?
Still it all seems a bit strange.

On a conspiracy theory note, I can't find much info on this Paramount Biosciences, and I don't believe they are a public company. Perhaps they are secretly owned by Gillette (Procter & Gamble) and they just bought the rights to bury yet another product which could challenge their worldwide aim of keeping people addicted to razors and shaving cream forever!
Mwhahahaha...scary isn't it?

#42235 - 05/18/07 04:26 PM Re: Good news here... [Re: Eddy]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

If you look on their website: http://www.questpharmatech.com/sl017.htm

You see the table for the comparison of SL017 and laser removal. They are saying that there will be a significant cost advantage in their product. Hopefully that will be the case. In any event, I think people will pay a higher premium (if that is the case) for a quick and permanent solution.

As far as Paramount. I don't see anything wrong with that. Quest is looking at the bigger picture. They are working on therapies to treat things such as cancer. Paramount is giving them a large upfront payment to keep Quest's other studies and trials going. They will also collect royalties on their product which will be sold outside of Canada. From what I understand, they will still be the party selling the product within Canada. They did basically the same thing with KMH Co. which will be responsible for the Asian market. Paramount will be responsible for American and European markets.

#42434 - 05/28/07 09:33 PM Re: Good news here... [Re: jme1]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

there is a new article about quest,

the article sounds very promising, though the clinical trial I/II only started this month.

#42439 - 05/29/07 01:42 AM Re: Good news here... [Re: jeffk]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

Article please...

#42448 - 05/29/07 05:18 PM Re: Good news here... [Re: mike856nj]
chrille1 Offline

I emailed them and asked some questions about their product SL017 and i got the respons:

"Our 50 patient clinical trial for hair removal application is expected to be completed by September of this year. Marketing strategy will be determined, at that time, based on the results."

It sounds promissing i think.

#42457 - 05/29/07 11:06 PM Re: Good news here... [Re: chrille1]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

September? Last I heard, they second round of trials was supposed to be concluded in June.

#42490 - 05/30/07 05:27 PM Re: Good news here... [Re: jme1]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

the article can be read on their homepage on the left site
i think september is okay coz they also promise to develop a home use kit

#42514 - 05/31/07 01:08 PM Re: Good news here... [Re: jeffk]
newbie133 Offline
Contributor

sounds prommising.. does anyone know how long it could take for this thing to hit the markets if all goes well in the clinical trails.. are we talking months after or (the one im hoping its not) yeaars later..
if anyone knows nething about this stuff please enlighten me..
thanks guys.

#42641 - 06/04/07 07:58 PM Re: Good news here... [Re: newbie133]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

Hello ALL!

I finally got some answers to the new topical solution that may one day PERMANENTLY remove hair. This is still in clinical trials, but this is the response I received:

Thank you very much for your interest in our hair removal product. Being a publicly traded Company, I restricted in disclosing many information unless accompanied by a news release. I will try to answer your question as much as possible.

1. Our fifty patient clinical trial results are not expected before September 2007.
2. Based on the mechanism of action of our product, we anticipate the product to be useful of all hair/skin types.
3. We are hoping this method to remove hair permanently; we need to get the clinical data to further confirm it.
4. In the current clinical trial we shave the hair before applying the gel.
5. The market launch date for this product for Canada and Asia will be determined upon completing the current clinical trial. Our strategic partner, Paramount Biosciences will soon be initiating development for US and Europe.
6. So far we have not noticed any side effects.
7. Prices are yet to be determined

Once again, I thank you for your interest and wish you all the best.

Regards,
Madi

Keep your fingers crossed!

Mike

#43076 - 06/20/07 11:40 PM Re: Good news here... [Re: mike856nj]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

Quest PharmaTech and Paramount BioSciences Sign Exclusive Multinational License Agreement to Develop and Commercialize SonoLight Technology for Dermatology Appl
(posted on 14/05/2007)

On this related topic
licensing agreement

92 news
EDMONTON, AB and SAN DIEGO, CA, May 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. (“Quest”) (TSX: QPT) announced today that Paramount BioSciences, LLC, has acquired multinational rights to Quest’s proprietary SonoLight technology for dermatology applications. Paramount BioSciences is a global drug development and healthcare investment firm with a portfolio of life-sciences-focused companies. The deal gives Paramount BioSciences access to a library of Hypocrellin B-derived photosensitizers which are activated by light or ultrasound energy sources. Quest’s SonoLight photosensitizer technology is designed around Hypocrellin B, a complex small molecule isolated from a parasitic fungus (Hypocrella bambusae) normally found in Chinese bamboo trees. Multiple Hypocrellin B derivatives are available for evaluation in a wide variety of dermatology and oncology indications. The lead compound, SL017 formulated as a topical gel, has been combined with a widely available light source for permanent removal of unwanted hair and for treatment of actinic keratosis.

Under the terms of the agreement, Paramount BioSciences is responsible for dermatology-related development and commercialization activities outside of Canada. In addition, the agreement with Paramount BioSciences allows KMH Co. Ltd. to develop SL017 as a cosmetic for hair removal in Asia and acne in South Korea. In return, Quest will receive an immediate upfront payment and potential future milestone payments in excess of $35 million USD plus royalties on sales. Quest will retain Canadian rights for dermatology and worldwide rights to non-dermatology applications.

“Paramount BioSciences is very excited to be involved in the SonoLight program. We have already mobilized our in-house team to begin product development and lay the groundwork for the Paramount portfolio company that will continue development and ultimately commercialize this novel technology,” said Bertrand Liang, Vice Chairman of Paramount BioSciences.

Quest is exploring the possibility of introducing SL017 topical gel to the Canadian cosmetic market for permanent hair removal after the completion of their ongoing clinical program. KMH has recently initiated a clinical program with the objective of registering SL017 as a cosmetic product for hair removal in Korea.

“I am very pleased to have found a strategic partner like Paramount BioSciences who shares our vision in the potential of our SonoLight Technology, and has the expertise and financial resources to develop SL017 for the U.S and European markets,” said Dr. Madi R. Madiyalakan, Chief Executive Officer of Quest.

—————————————-

Quest is a publicly traded (TSX Venture Exchange: QPT), Alberta-based drug development company committed to the development and commercialization of new pharmaceutical products. It is developing a series of products for the treatment of cancer and dermatological conditions based on its unique photodynamic and sonodynamic therapy platform.

Quest will continue to develop SL017 for dermatology applications for the Canadian market as well as SL052, Quest’s second product, and other compounds for worldwide oncology applications. SL052 is an injectable formulation that is in late-stage pre-clinical development for prostate cancer treatment. The practical application of SL052 photodynamic therapy treatment system on the prostate gland has already been demonstrated in a canine prostate model.

About Paramount BioSciences

—————————————-

Paramount BioSciences, LLC (http://www.paramountbio.com) is a global drug development and healthcare investment firm focused on the in-licensing of novel therapeutics, and the formation of new biotechnology companies.

Forward-Looking Statements

—————————————

Except for historical information, this press release may contain forward-looking statements, which reflect Quest’s current expectation regarding future events. These forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainties, which may cause but are not limited to, changing market conditions, the successful and timely completion of clinical studies, the establishment of corporate alliances, the impact of competitive products and pricing, new product development, uncertainties related to the regulatory approval process and other risks detailed from time to time in Quest’s ongoing quarterly and annual reporting.

“TSX Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved of the

information contained herein.”

http://www.prnewswire.com/...
Source: PR Newswire

#43603 - 07/10/07 05:24 PM More progress @Quest [Re: mike856nj]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

They made an agreement with a company to develop a home use light device.

http://micro.newswire.ca/43406-0.html

#45549 - 09/04/07 11:51 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: jeffk]
Eddy Offline
Major Contributor

Hi all,
Shouldn't the results for Quest's clinical trial be in this month? Anyone heard anything?

#45674 - 09/09/07 07:24 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: Eddy]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

You most likely won't hear anything until October at the earliest as they will have to analyze the results of the trial.

#46305 - 10/06/07 11:18 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: jme1]
Eddy Offline
Major Contributor

Hey guys,
Quest presented at a BioSciences conference a few days ago. You can view their presentation here:

http://www.biocontact.qc.ca/english/presenters/pop-entreprise.php?compagnie=769

There are some photos of the Phase II trial underway which look promising!
Their goal is to first release SL017 to clinics and spas for use with IPL and then to market a home use device all in the next 12 months.
We have heard this before but its good to see some photo evidence at last!
Hope they can make it work.

Cheers.

#46309 - 10/07/07 01:35 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: Eddy]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Should I buy some stock so I have income when this invention puts me out of business?

I'll read this later. Thanks Eddy for watching Quest for us.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#46312 - 10/07/07 02:27 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: dfahey]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

The hair removal information is from page 35 on. Looks like they could be using this stuff in about 12 months in two markets other than the US. They claim it would cost less than laser treatments. They did hair counts at day zero and day 42. Forty-two days is hardly a hair growth cycle, so I'm squinting my eyes on that one.??????

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#46317 - 10/07/07 08:04 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: dfahey]
roma18 Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Bay Area, California
absolutly right 42 days is way too soon to tell if it really works or not.

#46318 - 10/07/07 08:45 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: roma18]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

I know everyone is different and I have no idea what part of the body that picture is on, but the hair on my upper arm after laser grows back exactly in 5 weeks and in 6 weeks (42 days), I basically am covered again. I'm just being optimistic, but I need to see the results on specific body regions and a good 3 or 4 months out. Either way it is exciting to think there may actually be something that could be effective and permanent.

Mike

#46958 - 10/31/07 05:43 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: mike856nj]
roma18 Offline
Top 10 Contributor

mike you seemed to be following this very well, please update us on any thing new that you might find, thanks.

#47566 - 11/27/07 04:13 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: roma18]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

Any updates on Quest Pharmatech? I visit their website weekly and there have been no updates.

#47568 - 11/27/07 04:45 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: mike856nj]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Have they finished the Phase I clinical trials yet? Maybe there is nothing to report because studies are ongoing.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#47588 - 11/27/07 11:33 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: dfahey]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Haven't heard anything. Anyone try e-mailing them? They are pretty good at responding.

#47589 - 11/27/07 11:45 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: jme1]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I'll e-mail them later when I have time.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#47635 - 11/30/07 05:57 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: dfahey]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

Quest has been updated. Does anyone know if this is good or bad news below?

Thanks

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi?rkey=1511295832&view=43406-0&Start=0

Attention Business Editors:

Quest PharmaTech Announces Closing of Private Placement and Provides other Corporate Updates

EDMONTON, Nov. 29 /CNW/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. ("Quest" or the
"Company") announces that subject to TSX Venture Exchange approval, it has
closed a non-brokered private placement with the sale of 6,386,667 common
shares at $0.15 and $0.1667 per share for net proceeds of $913,200, including
$7,500 raised from an insider of the Company. The Company paid a 10% finder's
fee to a third party in connection with a portion of this private placement.
The common shares were issued to qualified purchasers in Alberta and
outside of Canada in reliance upon exemptions from the applicable registration
and prospectus requirements of securities legislation. The common shares are
subject to a restricted period which expires 4 months from the date of
issuance. The funds raised will be used for general corporate purposes over
the coming months.
Quest also announces the resignation of Mr. Bert Quint as a director of
the Company for personal and family reasons.
The Company also announces the following grant of stock options:
(i) 150,000 stock options to its three independent Board members and (ii)
500,000 stock options to officers and employees. The exercise price of the
options is $0.25. All allocations will be subject to approval of the TSX
Venture Exchange.
Finally, the Company announces the issuance of 240,000 common shares from
treasury, to be allocated to the original inventors of Bionex related to a
September, 2001 technology purchase agreement. The common shares are subject
to a restricted period which expires 4 months from the date of issuance.

Alberta-based pharmaceutical company committed to the development and
commercialization of new pharmaceutical products. It is developing a series of
products for the treatment of cancer and dermatological conditions based on
Except for historical information, this press release may contain
approval process and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's

For further information: Dr. Madi R. Madiyalakan, CEO, Tel.: (780)
448-1400 (Ext. 204), madi@questpharmatech.com, Web site:
http://www.questpharmatech.com

#47637 - 11/30/07 06:05 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: mike856nj]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

#47673 - 12/03/07 01:07 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: mike856nj]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

mike:

I'll give this piece my clumsy interpetation.

It appears that they found a private buyer(s)(venture capitalists) to raise about $900,000 to conduct further studies and what not. Doesn't sound like they brokered through someplace like Merrill-Lynch, but the stock is publically traded.

This is a very tiny company since it has only raised $900,000. In fact, I didn't even see this stock listed in The Wall Street Journal. I don't think they bother listing small, speculative, risky companies with stock prices that are only 16 cents per share.

The last paragraph about forward-looking statements is a nice way of saying this is a very risky stock. But, buying a lottery ticket is risky and some people actually win.

I'm not a financial analyst, so take what I say with caution, but that's how I read this.

For those just checking in, this company is trying to develop a cream (SLO17) that is applied to the skin and then an IPL is added to the mix to permanently remove any color of hair. It may not be necessary for the hair to be in the growth phase, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I need to re-check that.

Keep the faith, oh hairy brothers and sisters!

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#48243 - 12/19/07 10:54 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: mike856nj]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

Quest PharmaTech to Receive $3,000,000 to Develop Oncology Products Based on its SonoLight Technology
EDMONTON, Dec. 17 /CNW/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. (TSX Venture Exchange:
QPT) today announced that it has signed an agreement with a multinational
technology development company (the "Investor") to receive $3,000,000 to
develop oncology products based on its SonoLight Technology. Under the terms
of the agreement, Quest Pharma Tech Inc. ("Quest" or the "Company") has
already received $1,000,000; and the balance of $2,000,000 will be paid within
the next twelve months. In return for this non-equity funding, the Investor
who requested to remain anonymous, will receive 35 percent of all future net
revenue from the commercialization of Quest's oncology products. This
agreement does not preclude Quest from out-licensing the oncology applications
of SonoLight Technology to a third party.
The Company's lead oncology product from the SonoLight platform, SL052,
is anticipated to enter a Phase I clinical trial for photodynamic therapy
treatment of prostate cancer during the second half of 2008. The Company is
also evaluating the same technology for the treatment of lung cancer and
peritoneal carcinomatosis.
"I can't think of a better holiday present to our shareholders than
establishing an accelerated oncology development program," said Dr. Madi R.
Madiyalakan, Chief Executive Officer of Quest Pharma Tech Inc. "We are
optimistic about the potential of both our oncology products and our
dermatology program. Additionally, we believe that our partnerships with
Paramount BioSciences and KMH Co. Ltd. will help us achieve our long-term
growth objectives, including share price appreciation."

Alberta-based pharmaceutical company committed to build shareholder value
through discovery, development, and commercialization of new pharmaceutical
products. It is developing a series of products for the treatment of cancer
and dermatological conditions based on its proprietary photodynamic and
sonodynamic therapy platform. The Company's lead product, SL017, is a topical
formulation that is currently undergoing a 90 patient clinical trial in Canada
for hair removal applications. Quest has signed an exclusive multinational
license agreement with Paramount Biosciences, a global pharmaceutical and
healthcare investment firm, to develop and market SL017 for dermatology
applications. In addition, Quest also has an agreement with KMH Co. Ltd, a
Korean pharmaceutical company, to market SL017 in Asia for hair removal
applications.

Except for historical information, this press release may contain
approval process, and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's

For further information: Dr. Madi R.Madiyalakan, Chief Executive
Officer, Quest Pharma Tech Inc., Tel.: (780) 448-1400 (Ext. 204),
madi@questpharmatech.com. Further information about Quest Pharma Tech Inc. can
be found at: http://www.questpharmatech.com

#48267 - 12/20/07 10:44 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: mike856nj]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

"The last paragraph about forward-looking statements is a nice way of saying this is a very risky stock. But, buying a lottery ticket is risky and some people actually win."

All companies use this disclaimer regardless of the risk.

#48398 - 12/30/07 12:15 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: jme1]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

taken from the webpage:

"Based on the results of the Phase I study, Quest initiated a 90 patient Phase II clinical trial in Q1, 2007 to study the combination of SL017 topical gel with Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) for hair removal. The results are anticipated in the first half of 2008."

i wish u all a happy new year!

#52007 - 05/16/08 09:06 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: jeffk]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

From their homepage:

The Company's lead product, SL017, is a topical formulation that is
currently undergoing a 90 patient clinical trial in Canada for hair removal
applications, with the final report anticipated by the end of this year

#52273 - 05/26/08 12:27 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: jeffk]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

Quest PharmaTech announces 2008 financial and operational results
EDMONTON, May 15 /CNW/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. ("Quest" or the "Company")
announces the highlights of financial and operational results for the fiscal
year ended January 31, 2008.

<<
- Raised $3,128,000 in equity financings
- Received $1,316,575 in licensing fees; and $52,422 in government
grants
- Completed the Phase I clinical trial for Actinic Keratosis (final
results are due in June, 2008)
- Received Proof of concept data from Cross Cancer Institute for
prostate cancer photodynamic therapy product.
>>

Net consolidated loss for the year was $1,318,446 or $0.02 per share as
compared to a consolidated loss of $1,454,077 or $0.03 per share for the year
ended January 31, 2007. Research and development expenditures totaled $901,530
while general and administrative expenses were $869,593 for the same period.
As of January 31, 2008, the Company had cash and cash equivalents of
$1,305,802. The Company also has debt of $500,000 in the form of a convertible
debenture (exercisable at $0.25 and due on March 22, 2009).
On a forward going basis, the Company anticipates to receive $2,000,000
in licensing fees to develop oncology products based on its SonoLight
Technology. The Company may receive an additional $1,000,000 equity investment
from KMH Co., Ltd. upon reaching specific milestones related to SL017 for hair
removal applications. The Company also expects to receive up to $200,000 in
government grants to offset the costs to develop its ultrasound activation
technology.
Currently, the Company has 4,800,000 outstanding share purchase warrants
exercisable at $ 0.20 and expiring in September, 2008. If exercised, these
warrants would generate up to $960,000 of additional funding for the Company.
"I am pleased with the improved financial position of the Company that
helps us accomplish our long term business objectives", said Mr. Pierre
Vermette, Chief Financial Officer for the Company.
The Company's lead product, SL017, is a topical formulation that is
currently undergoing a 90 patient clinical trial in Canada for hair removal
applications, with the final report anticipated by the end of this year. The
Company's second product, SL052, is scheduled to enter a Phase I clinical
trial for the treatment of prostate cancer during the second half of 2008. The
Company believes it has sufficient cash to complete the 90 patient hair
removal trial, and to initiate a fifteen patient, multi centre, Phase I
clinical trial for prostate cancer treatment.
Quest has signed an exclusive multinational license agreement with
Paramount Biosciences, a global pharmaceutical and healthcare investment firm,
to develop and market SL017 for dermatology applications. In return Quest will
receive potential future milestone payments in excess of $35 million USD, plus
royalties on product sales. In addition, Quest also has an arrangement with
KMH Co., Ltd., a Korean pharmaceutical company, to market SL017 in Asia for
hair removal applications. The company also has an agreement with a
multinational technology development company to receive $3,000,000 against
future revenue to develop oncology products.

Alberta-based pharmaceutical company committed to build shareholder value
through discovery, development and commercialization of new pharmaceutical
and dermatological conditions based on its unique photodynamic and sonodynamic
therapy platform. Additional information related to the Company, including the
Company's financial statements, and management discussion and analysis, is on
SEDAR at www.sedar.com.

information contained herein"

For further information: Pierre Vermette, Chief Financial Officer, Tel.:
(780) 448-1400 (Ext. 217), pierre@questpharmatech.com; Dr. Madi R.Madiyalakan,
Chief Executive Officer, Tel.: (780) 448-1400 (Ext. 204),
madi@questpharmatech.com; Web site: www.questpharmatech.com
Index of Releases

#53349 - 06/25/08 12:32 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: mike856nj]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

Quest PharmaTech Announces Interim Results from Phase I/II Clinical Trial for Photodynamic Treatment for Hair Removal
TSX Venture: QPT

EDMONTON, June 25 /CNW/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. (TSX-V: QPT), ("Quest" or
the "Company"), today announced interim results from its Phase I/II clinical
study designed to investigate appropriate treatment parameters for the
potential use of its proprietary compound SL017 for hair removal applications.
The interim results represent data from the first 80 patients enrolled in the
targeted 100-patient clinical trial.
"The Phase I/II interim results demonstrated that SL017 is safe and well
tolerated when used either alone or in combination with photo activation,"
said Madi Madiyalakan, Chief Executive Officer of Quest. "These results, along
with results from the previous clinical trial, support the utility of SL017
for hair removal applications, especially for those who do not benefit from
light treatment alone."
To permanently remove unwanted hair, existing laser hair removal
techniques require four to eight treatments, and provide only a 75 to 85
percent permanent hair reduction in a limited patient population. The
professional laser hair removal market is estimated to be $5 billion
worldwide.
Quest is developing SL017 photodynamic therapy (PDT) as a potential hair
removal solution that is effective across a broad patient population including
those with light colored hair (for example, grey or blonde hair). In a Phase I
clinical trial, Quest demonstrated the preferential localization of SL017 in
hair follicles, which suggested that cutaneous PDT with SL017 has potential
for permanent hair removal applications.
The Phase I/II trial of SL017 was designed to evaluate the effect of skin
treatment on follicular uptake of SL017, assess the tolerable light dose on
healthy subjects, and subsequently, determine the efficacy of hair removal
under optimal treatment conditions. Results from this study will be used to
guide the design of future clinical development.

Skin Pretreatment and Follicular Uptake

Thirty healthy subjects were enrolled to evaluate the efficacy of five
different skin preparation techniques to enhance the follicular localization
of SL017. One of the five skin pretreatments demonstrated a statistically
significant improvement in both the intensity of follicular uptake of SL017
and the depth of penetration of SL017 in the hair follicle compared to the
other skin pretreatments.

Light Dose Escalation

Forty subjects with dark colored hair and 10 subjects with light colored
hair were enrolled to evaluate the safety and efficacy of combining SL017 with
increasing doses of Intense Pulse Light (IPL) ranging from 4.5J/cm(2) to
20.0J/cm(2). No skin pretreatment technique was used. No unexpected side
effects were observed at any of the light doses tested. A hair count was taken
at days 0 and 42 in each population. There was no statistically significant
improvement in hair count reduction observed in the subjects treated with
SL017 PDT compared to IPL treatment alone at any of the IPL doses or in either
of the two hair populations studied. However, 25% of the dark colored hair
population, or 10 subjects, that were non-responsive to IPL treatment
demonstrated a statistically significant reduction in hair count when treated
with SL017 PDT.

Hair Removal Efficacy Under Optimal Conditions

Quest is currently enrolling 20 additional patients, 10 with dark colored
hair and 10 with light colored hair, to evaluate the efficacy of SL017 PDT
compared to IPL at the optimal light dose and after skin pretreatment. The 20
subjects with light colored hair enrolled in the trial will also undergo two
SL017 PDT treatments. The hair growth of these patients will be monitored for
up to six months. Results from this part of the study are anticipated by end
of 2008.
"Based on the results we receive from these clinical studies in hair
removal and the preclinical work we are currently conducting for the treatment
of acne, we intend to advance SL017 PDT for one or more clinical indications,"
stated Thomas Woo, M.Sc., Vice President for Drug Development of Quest.
The Principal Investigator for Quest's Phase I/II hair removal trial is
Dr. Robert Bissonnette, M.D., President of Innovaderm Research in Montreal.

About SL017: SL017 is a proprietary, non-toxic drug that, once applied to
a target area and activated by light, is transformed into a potent cytotoxic
agent that selectively destroys targeted tissue. Using this process, known as
photodynamic therapy (PDT), SL017 can be applied to treat a variety of skin
conditions, including hair removal, actinic keratosis and acne. The safety and
potential utility of SL017 for the treatment of actinic keratosis has been
demonstrated in a Phase I Clinical Study.

About Quest PharmaTech Inc.: Quest is a publicly traded, Alberta-based
pharmaceutical company committed to the development and commercialization of
new pharmaceutical products. It is developing a series of products for the
treatment of cancer and dermatological conditions based on its unique
photodynamic and sonodynamic therapy platform.

information herein."

For further information: Dr. Madi R. Madiyalakan, Chief Executive
Officer, Quest PharmaTech Inc., Tel: (780) 448-1400 Ext. 204, Email:
madi@questpharmatech.com, Internet: www.questpharmatech.com; Investor
Relations - Adam Peeler, The Equicom Group Inc., Tel: (416) 815-0700 Ext. 225,
E-mail: apeeler@equicomgroup.com

#53620 - 07/05/08 05:36 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: mike856nj]
tbanner523 Offline
Major Contributor

Interesting, I wonder how effective this will be?

#54582 - 08/05/08 12:54 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: tbanner523]
FastUno Offline

So when will this now be available? How much longer for Phase I/II test?

#55638 - 09/05/08 09:10 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: FastUno]
roma18 Offline
Top 10 Contributor

any updates on this product?

#56313 - 09/30/08 10:49 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: mike856nj]
nervx Offline

Quote:
There was no statistically significant
of the two hair populations studied.

frown

#56360 - 10/02/08 12:37 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: nervx]
roma18 Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Are they doing more research or have terminated everything altogether?

#56365 - 10/02/08 12:04 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: roma18]
chris27 Offline
Contributor

Photoderma claimed that they got hair reduction with their product. So I guess our only hope is Photoderma and Applisonix.

#56421 - 10/05/08 07:14 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: chris27]
roma18 Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Photoderma website hasn't been updated for a long time.

#56439 - 10/06/08 03:10 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: nervx]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: nervx
Quote:
There was no statistically significant
of the two hair populations studied.

frown

Please include a link to your quote. I see something different.

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/080911/quest_pharma_q2_reslt.html?.v=1

"Press Release Source: Quest PharmaTech Inc.

Quest PharmaTech Announces Second Quarter Results
Thursday September 11, 7:00 am ET

EDMONTON, Sept. 11 /CNW/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. (TSX-V: QPT - News), a pharmaceutical company developing and commercializing products for the treatment of cancer and dermatological conditions, today announced fiscal second quarter results for the period ended July 31, 2008.
"We made significant progress with our clinical and research programs during our second quarter," stated Pierre Vermette, Chief Financial Officer of Quest. "We also made notable improvements to our financial position, which will help us execute on our long-term business objectives."

Highlights for the quarter

- In June, the Company announced successful interim results from its
Phase I/II clinical study designed to investigate appropriate
treatment parameters for the potential use of its proprietary
compound SL017 for hair removal applications."

#56452 - 10/06/08 01:39 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: jme1]
nervx Offline

Quote:
Please include a link to your quote. I see something different

why when the news was posted a few posts back.

all your post mentions is that they were able to make progress in testing their products(no set backs) and now have a financial backing so they can continue on.

however the results for the hair removal product itself shows that it is useless at improving hair reduction over the current IPL method. in other words it failed.

#56464 - 10/06/08 09:32 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: nervx]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

quest ist currently trying to alter conditions for the use of SL017 like pretreatment of skin etc,
under "normal" conditions there was no impact of the photosensitizer

#56480 - 10/07/08 12:12 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: nervx]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: nervx
Quote:
Please include a link to your quote. I see something different

why when the news was posted a few posts back.

all your post mentions is that they were able to make progress in testing their products(no set backs) and now have a financial backing so they can continue on.

however the results for the hair removal product itself shows that it is useless at improving hair reduction over the current IPL method. in other words it failed.

My apologies for missing where you got your information. It doesn't help when you take things out of context...like you did.

Read below...Two evaluations were completed. A pretreament test which showed a statistically significant improvement in the uptake of the uptake of SL017. The second evaluation used no pre-treatment. This is the portion that you cherry picked.

" Skin Pretreatment and Follicular Uptake

Thirty healthy subjects were enrolled to evaluate the efficacy of five
different skin preparation techniques to enhance the follicular localization
of SL017. One of the five skin pretreatments demonstrated a statistically
significant improvement in both the intensity of follicular uptake of SL017
and the depth of penetration of SL017 in the hair follicle compared to the
other skin pretreatments.

Light Dose Escalation

Forty subjects with dark colored hair and 10 subjects with light colored
hair were enrolled to evaluate the safety and efficacy of combining SL017 with
increasing doses of Intense Pulse Light (IPL) ranging from 4.5J/cm(2) to
20.0J/cm(2). No skin pretreatment technique was used. No unexpected side
effects were observed at any of the light doses tested. A hair count was taken
at days 0 and 42 in each population. There was no statistically significant
of the two hair populations studied. However, 25% of the dark colored hair
population, or 10 subjects, that were non-responsive to IPL treatment
demonstrated a statistically significant reduction in hair count when treated
with SL017 PDT."

#58444 - 12/19/08 06:06 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: jme1]
mike856nj Offline
Major Contributor

So what does this mean?

Quest PharmaTech Announces Third Financial Quarter Results and Provides Corporate Update

EDMONTON, Dec. 18 /CNW/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. (TSX-V: QPT), a
pharmaceutical company developing and commercializing products for the
treatment of cancer and dermatological conditions, today announced fiscal
third quarter results for the period ended October 31, 2008.

<<
Highlights for the quarter

- Continuation of the ongoing toxicology testing to support a Phase I
clinical trial for Prostate Cancer treatment
- Finalization of a Phase I clinical trial protocol for Prostate Cancer
Program in consultation with potential clinical investigators
- Completion of enrolment for the 110-patient Phase I/II Hair Removal
Clinical Trial
>>

Third Quarter Financial Results

Revenues from license fees and market distribution rights for the three
and nine month periods ended October 31, 2008 were $502,000 and $1,506,000,
respectively. For the three and nine month periods ended October 31, 2007,
revenues were $2,000 and $172,005, respectively.
Net consolidated loss for the three and nine month periods ended October
31, 2008 were $291,428 or $0.00 per share and $237,883 or $0.00 per share,
respectively. This compares to a consolidated loss of $566,459 or $0.01 per
share and $1,105,365 or $0.02 per share, respectively, for the three and nine
month periods ended October 31, 3007.
Research and development expenditures for the three and nine month
periods ended October 31, 2008 totaled $676,446 and $1,252,170, respectively.
For the three and nine month periods ended October 31, 2007, R&D expenditures
were $415,753 and $748,844, respectively.
General and administrative expenses were $118,889 and $466,817,
respectively, for the three and nine month periods ended October 31, 2008. For
the three and nine month periods ended October 31, 2007, G&A expenses were
$113,924 and $429,592, respectively.
As of October 31, 2008, the Company had cash and cash equivalents of
$608,066. The Company also has debt of $500,000 in the form of a convertible
debenture, which is exercisable at $0.25 and due on March 22, 2009.
The Company anticipates receiving $1,000,000 during the current fiscal
year to develop oncology products based on its SonoLight Technology from one
of its strategic partners. The Company also expects to receive up to $200,000
in a government research grant to offset the costs to develop its ultrasound
activation technology.

Corporate Update

Quest PharmaTech announced that it has taken steps to repatriate
worldwide rights to SonoLight Technology for dermatology applications from
Paramount Biosciences.
On April 30, 2007, the Company entered into an agreement with Paramount
Biosciences to develop and commercialize SonoLight Technology for dermatology
applications. Under the terms of the agreement, the Company received U.S.
$300,000 as a licensing fee. The Company has been advised that Paramount
Biosciences subsequently assigned the license agreement to North Park
Aesthetics.
The Company believes that the licensee failed to abide by certain terms
of the Agreement, including its obligation in respect of the commercialization
of the SonoLight Technology; and hence, Quest has terminated the license
agreement.
"The termination of this agreement provides Quest with the opportunity to
actively engage in new partnering discussions with companies who share our
vision to develop best-in-class products based on our photodynamic therapy
platform," stated Dr. Madi R. Madiyalakan, Chief Executive Officer of Quest.
Additionally, Quest announced it will hold its upcoming Annual General
and Special Meeting of shareholders (the "AGM") on January 15, 2009. In
connection with the AGM, Dr. Bin Huang will be stepping down as a director of
Quest effective January 15, 2009. Quest's management and board of directors
wish to thank Dr. Huang for her dedication and commitment to the Company
during the past several years. As well, Quest has nominated Mr. Lorne Meikle
to the Board of Directors.
Mr. Meikle is currently the President and Chief Executive Officer of LOB
Ordeins Inc., the former President & CEO of BCY LifeSciences Inc. (TSX-V:BCY)
and a member of the Executive Committee for The Biotechnology Initiative
(TBI). He was a member of the senior management groups at Glaxo Canada, Smith
Kline French, Ortho-McNeil, and directed the International marketing program
at Connaught Laboratories, now Sanofi Pasteur.
In recent years he was President of TBI; Vice President, Immunovaccine
Technologies Inc.; President and Chief Executive Officer of Seragen
Biopharmaceuticals Ltd.; the Canadian affiliate of Seragen Inc., now part of
Ligand, Inc.; CEO of GeneSense Technologies Inc., now part of Lorus
Therapeutics; and chaired the steering committee for BIO 2002 in Toronto.
Additionally, he was the President, Chief Executive Officer, Founder and a
director of BioCatalyst Yorkton Inc., a venture management company that
specialized in the formation of and management of early-stage healthcare
companies.

Quest is a publicly traded, Alberta-based pharmaceutical company
committed to the development and commercialization of new pharmaceutical
and dermatological conditions based on its unique photodynamic and sonodynamic
therapy platforms.

<<
information herein."
>>

For further information: contact Dr. Madi R. Madiyalakan, Chief
Executive Officer, Quest PharmaTech Inc., Tel: (780) 448-1400 Ext. 204, Email:
madi@questpharmatech.com; Internet: www.questpharmatech.com; Investor
Relations - Adam Peeler, The Equicom Group Inc., Tel: (416) 815-0700 Ext. 225,
E-mail: apeeler@equicomgroup.com

#66742 - 10/18/09 02:21 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: mike856nj]
vell Offline
Contributor

EDMONTON, Sept. 15,2009/CNW/

Quest anticipates executing on a number of milestones in the coming weeks and quarters including:

Concluding the sale and/or licensing of its suite of dermatological product candidates, including SLO17 for Actinic Keratosis and SLO17 for Hair Removal, in order to accelerate Quest's focus on oncology.

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi?rkey=1709154436&view=43406-0&Start=0&htm=0

#66753 - 10/18/09 05:04 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: vell]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Sounds like they are giving up on the hair removal "quest". Too bad. If they found something that works, they could become trillionaires. Cancer research is more important than permanent hair removal, as it should be.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#66970 - 10/27/09 01:55 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: dfahey]
jme1 Offline
Major Contributor

I'm not sure that is exactly what they are saying:

"Concluding the sale and/or licensing of its suite of dermatological product candidates, including SLO17 for Actinic
Keratosis and SLO17 for Hair Removal, in order to accelerate Quest's focus on oncology."

This would lead me to believe that these products are still very much viable as they plan to sell OR license the product candidates.

Edited by jme1 (10/27/09 01:56 AM)

#67102 - 10/29/09 01:05 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: jme1]
vell Offline
Contributor

Management Discussion and Analysis (July 31, 2009)

The Company&#8217;s lead product, SL017, is a topical formulation indicated for dermatology applications. The utility of SL017 with Intense Pulsed Light has already been demonstrated for hair removal applications in a Phase I clinical trial. The Company has recently completed the enrollment of 110 patients in a Phase II clinical trial for the same indication. Use of SL017 with a commercially available light delivery system is likely to overcome some of the limitations associated with the light treatment alone.

http://www.questpharmatech.com/pdfs/July%2031%202009%20MDA.pdf

They have not managed to achieve their aim to develop perfect hair removal method, but maybe they will come with some advantages in this field... As was mentioned in one of the reports, this method could be potentially useful for light color hair removal.

#67104 - 10/29/09 01:31 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: vell]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Any idea where are the phase II trials are being physically conducted?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#68215 - 12/15/09 10:41 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: dfahey]
nervx Offline

Originally Posted By: dfahey
Any idea where are the phase II trials are being physically conducted?

they're being tested locally in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I live here so i think i will shoot them an email and see if i can get in the phase III trials which is testing of the final product.

#68376 - 12/23/09 08:16 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: nervx]
vell Offline
Contributor

That would be great nervx... I have tried to email them, but my mail was undelivered frown

#68603 - 01/05/10 03:27 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: vell]
nervx Offline

I managed to get in contact with them. They say that focus testing is being done in europe now. So it looks like im out of luck getting in on the trials. To me it doesnt make sense why they would do them way over there and they didn't say why. My only guess is that it's faster to get through testing in europe than it is in canada.

#69261 - 01/26/10 06:07 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: nervx]
TeamJacob Offline
Contributor

do you know when they think to come out with a product for the public? or when the testing should be done?

#69479 - 02/01/10 09:13 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: TeamJacob]
jeffk Offline
Contributor

I guess this is it. the hair removal technology can't be found on their page anymore.

http://www.questpharmatech.com/

Photoderma haven't updated their page for ages.
Has anybody made experience with applisonix yet?

I recommend to move back to electrolysis (blend ;-)

#69779 - 02/09/10 08:25 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: jeffk]
WilliamSeven Offline

Hello! I am a long time viewer, new time Contributor. After badgering him with many unresponded to emails, here is the reply I just received from Mr. Madi R.Madiyalakan,Ph.D, CEO at Quest Pharmatech, about SL017.

Dear Mr. *********,

I am sure I have responded to your e-mail in the past. In any case, we are still developing the hair removal product in collaboration with many of partners; and currently, we have no news to share with outside world. When we make progress, we will definitely issue a news release. Thank you very much for your continued interest in our products.

Sincerely,

Madi

-------------------------------------------------------------
The only thing I could find openly on their website was a brief quote under the Business Development Tab > Licensing and Partners:

Partner for Manufacturing Development: Quest Pharmatech and the Alberta Research Council (ARC) have formed a strategic alliance to develop fermentation based technology to manufacture Hypocrellin B, one of the essential ingredients for SonoLight Technology. The ARC will undertake research to develop a semi-synthetic method for the manufacture of Hypocrellin B. If the project is successful, Quest will receive an exclusive license to the developed technology from the ARC to manufacture and commercialize HB based products including SL017 for dermatology and SL052 for oncology applications.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I'm afraid that's all I could find at the moment. They are very secretive about their work. Hopefully others will be able to discover more info. as time goes on. In the meantime, what are the other best alternatives for home hair removal that work? Thanks!

#72558 - 04/11/10 08:48 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: WilliamSeven]
carebear Offline

Hi Everyone,
I too am a long term viewer but new time contributer to this site but am also holding out hope for a 'permenant' hair removal solution that works on fine blonde hair.

I think PDT sounds promising and after alot of surfing the net I have found a company called Lasemar 800 who are already using pdt for hair removal.

Has anybody heard of this and what country is it avaliable in?

#72573 - 04/11/10 05:59 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: carebear]
roma18 Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Carebear can you provide the link to Lasemar 800 site? I couldn't find anything on the net.

#72604 - 04/12/10 07:24 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: roma18]
carebear Offline

#73162 - 04/22/10 01:29 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: carebear]
odi Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Lasermar 800 is a machine according to that link and it uses a 808nm wavelength which is exactly what the Lightsheer uses. The Soprano uses 810nm.

I don't understand what suppose to be special in this machine but if it actually use 808nm for hair removal then they might be in trouble because Lumenis own the rights on that wavelength.

#79477 - 10/18/10 03:16 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: odi]
carebear1 Offline

Hello all,

I have emailed Quest Pharmatech and they basically said that they have to conduct many more trails before consumer launch as SLO17 has been classified as a drug by the FDA.

I got no impression of when they are hoping to acheive this by but really hope they hurry up (although I really dont think we will see anything in the next couple of years). Has anyone else heard anything?

#79509 - 10/19/10 12:40 PM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: carebear1]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks for following the SL017 trail and coming back to update. I hope they are in good financial standing so they can continue their work.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#88789 - 06/18/11 07:07 AM Re: More progress @Quest [Re: dfahey]
brownskin818 Offline

The Pharmatech page on the SL017 is still up, but I think they've discontinued the research. The page is an old template compared to the updated site. You can't get to the page from the current site links anymore. The old page describes their focus as pursuing developments for dermatological conditions and prostate cancer therapy. The new page describes their focus as the treatment of cancer by combining immunotherapeutic antibodies with chemotherapy, photodynamic therapy, radioimmunotherapy or immunoadjuvants.

frown

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Over the counter numbing cream
by Ilovemusic3
1 second ago
BOD incubator supplier
by arpitkakkar1
Today at 02:42 AM
USA Electrolysis Schools
by dfahey
Yesterday at 10:20 AM
Best option for facial hair?
by stoppit&tidyup
Yesterday at 10:11 AM
FOR SALE
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 08:51 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9505
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
1 registered (Ilovemusic3), 106 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod