Page 3 of 52 < 1 2 3 4 5 51 52 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#3385 - 01/22/05 03:50 AM Re: men shaving legs?? ****
Mantaray Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: San Diego, California
I just went two weeks without hair removal. Boy, I know I'm a die hard epilator now. I got caught up in a hectic work schedule, then my work sent me off to the east coast for a week. I didn't want to do any epilating on the road without my usual bunch of skin care bottles and lotions, and I knew I probably wouldn't have much time to do it anyway. I didn't think it would bother me that much having some growth. But, by the time I got back home, it was just misery. My body hair had grown about 3/8's of an inch out of my skin and I couldn't believe the effect it had. I felt dirty, I was kind of introverted, and the feeling of the hair rubbing on the inside of my pants when I walked made me feel like I was wearing a monkey suit. I just kept looking at my legs thinking, "what's all this sh*t" coming out of my skin?!" I've become so accustomed to being smooth. I just now have finished epilating pretty much my whole body and I feel just so much better. My self-image just went right back up. I know this sounds weird, but now I just don't know how anyone can have a bunch of hair hanging off them and still be comfortable. Anyway, just wanted to post this.

Mantaray

Thread Sponsors
#3386 - 01/22/05 04:19 PM Re: men shaving legs??
Aguila Offline
Major Contributor

manta:

Yes indeed once you got accoustomed to being clean and smooth you really do feel filthy with body hair.
I was wondering why you weren't confortable enough to take your epilator on the road. Even if you were extremely busy, maybe just do one part at a time just like common people shave their faces everyday?

#3387 - 01/22/05 07:13 PM Re: men shaving legs??
Stuart Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Florida
Hi Mantaray

You have pretty much caught the essence of what I was trying to say as well. Once you are fully used to smooth skin it's very difficult to change back to a hairy look or lifesyle (if that makes sense).

Regards
Stuart

#3388 - 01/22/05 10:26 PM Re: men shaving legs??
RJC2001 Offline

Top Ten Contributor

Loc: USA
Well said everyone. I have had no negative comments from anyone since I started shaving my legs 5 years ago. I shave for the looks and comfort. There is no quicker way to make your muscles look bigger than by shaving off the fur coat that covers them. I was amazed at how much bigger my muscles looked once I started shaving, even though I shaved initially for comfort reasons. I too feel more masculine after I shave. Plus body hair is a great breeding ground for bacteria. Just one more reason to remove it.

I wear shorts most of the time too and being clean shaven is the way to go. What really surprised me was how much more comfortable wearing long pants was when the legs are clean shaven. If I was required to wear long pants at work, I probably would have started shaving my legs much earlier.

Apes and women also have body hair, so I find nothing particularly manly about it.

I plan on doing less shaving in the future as I have started laser treatments on my legs with the Lyra-i Nd:YAG 1064 nm laser. First results look good so far.

RJC2001

#3389 - 01/23/05 02:30 PM Re: men shaving legs??
Stuart Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Hi RJC

Wearing long pants with hairy legs is not comfortable at all. Before I shaved I assumed the sticky sweaty feel was normal. Now when I am forced to wear longs, for safety reasons in my work, I feel a lot more comfortable. When I get home, taking a shower is very quick as my skin is smooth and washes easily. I am also trying to make the switch to permanent removal which I think is the best option as I have no interest in having hair on my legs or the rest of my body anymore.

Regards
Stuart

#3390 - 01/24/05 06:41 PM Re: men shaving legs??
ivelina Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Philadelphia
Quote:

Personally I'm a hairy mofo, [...](my father is a beastly ape who belongs in a zoo) unfortunately we monkey types are looked down on for being further down in the evolutionary scale. [...] you'll bag lots of chicks and the very few that are left might go for us yaks with our fur suits who shave or wax occasionally. It just sucks bein such a darn good lookin guy who is insecure over a thing like body hair UGH!

ROFL!!!! Alan... you are hilarious!

I like hairy man, so don't worry yourself sick. There are plenty of women who still do (all the ones i know for example). I might have to move back home soon. This country and its Japanimation induced obsession with hairless humans (an oxymoron right there) is really scaring me!!!

Are you Russian?

#3391 - 01/24/05 06:45 PM Re: men shaving legs??
ivelina Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Philadelphia
Quote:

That is, you don't have to sit in a beauty salon reading a home decorating magazine while listening to two women talk about Brad Pitt's ass.

You guys are killing me!!!

#3392 - 01/27/05 05:19 AM Re: men shaving legs??
thelegend1981 Offline

i went in for surgery 5 weeks ago and just had the cast removed. They had shaved my leg around my ankle for obvious reasons. Five weeks later the hair is only about 1/5 the length of the rest on my legs. I was just wondering if the hair would continue to take this long to grow in if i were to keep shaving my legs. Would other parts of my body have the same regrowth results or is it just the legs? Thanks

#3393 - 01/27/05 06:19 AM Re: men shaving legs??
Stuart Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Hi thelegend

I speak under correction here, but I believe the average rate of regrowth for hair is 10mm per month. It will be different in other places of your body. The hair on my head grows faster than my leg hairs for example, so you will probably have the same situation. Before I shaved my legs regularly and was still experimenting, I shaved and let the hairs grow out again. This took 8 weeks and the final length was about 20mm (not a nice sight).

Regards
Stuart

#3394 - 02/16/05 03:07 PM Re: men shaving legs?? Family reactions
viceversa Offline

Interesting topic.

I'd love to hear from others about one thing that I am concerned about: reactions from FAMILY.

How did your larger family circle react?

I am concerned as I embark further down the hair-removal path about what kinds of things my large family - siblings, cousins, etc. - will think or say once they see me nice n smooth.

Any feedback and encouragement greatly appreciated.

Page 3 of 52 < 1 2 3 4 5 51 52 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 09:16 PM
Feeling tired after electrolysis sessions
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 09:10 AM
Journey of a young French lady
by adrien_sanchiz
10/18/17 07:34 AM
should i continue laser hair removal?
by skydivingjess
10/17/17 11:12 PM
Electrolysis and Hydroquinone
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
10/15/17 06:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3159
Who's Online
1 registered (TheFlyingProbe), 100 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod