Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#34853 - 08/03/06 12:26 AM Re: LE - healing time for skin that has been overtreated
Sandra555 Offline

Loc: Canada, Ontario
Ten minutes on both sides. (I think her level was to high)

Thread Sponsors
#34854 - 08/03/06 03:53 AM Re: LE - healing time for skin that has been overtreated
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
Yes, the level could have been too high, or the insertions were too shallow or close to the surface of the skin, or the timing might have been wrong, etc., etc. I don't know what kind of equipment she uses, but that can cause problems, too. I don't agree that what you are experiencing is normal healing. I would have wished to hear that she was more concerned.

IT IS HIGHLY PROBABLE TO HAVE ELECTROLYSIS ON YOUR FACE AND NOT BE ASHAMED TO SHOW YOUR FACE TO PEOPLE WITHIN HOURS AFTER HAVING A TREATMENT! It takes skill and caring on the practitioners part. If she has modern equipment and quality magnification and lighting, all the better. This is not what a electrolysis consumer has to put up with!

I am frustrated for you, Sandra.

Dee

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#34855 - 08/03/06 12:12 PM Re: LE - healing time for skin that has been overtreated
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
I agree with Dee. Of course, you don't know the amount of vitriol I have had poured in my direction for saying such things. It doesn't matter that I have had exotic dancers as clients who were so confident in their treatment results that they regularly scheduled treatments from 3pm to 6pm (legs, bikini and face) and went to work at 8pm or 9pm that same night.

Of course, this is a great illustration of why we say, see as many providers in you area as you can, because only by sampling what is available, can you find out who will give you the best results in your area. If you have to drive a little bit further, then you should be glad to. Some people have to hop a plane to get the level of treatment they desire.

#34856 - 08/16/06 04:43 AM Question for laserhater
Sandra555 Offline

Did you have to wait until your face completely healed before you went for your next appointment?

Sandra

#34857 - 08/16/06 03:25 PM Re: Question for laserhater
laserhater Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Atlanta, GA
There was still a bit of discoloration, but no scabs. I think I waited about 3-4 weeks. I really did not want to get too far off schedule and I knew that overtreatment would not happen again so I went for it a little early. How is your skin doing now?

#34858 - 08/16/06 09:53 PM Re: Question for laserhater
Sandra555 Offline

Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks. The healing process seems to be slow. I have no scabs, just bumpy pinkish spots on the sides of my face. I thought by putting on the hydrocortisone cream it would be gone within a week. Not so, everyday I look in the mirror and it doesn't seem to have changed, but it must be, just very slow. The doctor said not to wear make-up on it, but if I don't it looks bad. Did you wear make-up? I'm wondering if it will ever heal completely? I want to go for another treatment, but I'm not sure if this would make it worse, even if she turns down the intensity level.

Any comment or suggestions would be great and uplifting

Thanks
Sandra

#34859 - 08/16/06 10:37 PM Re: Question for laserhater
laserhater Offline
Major Contributor

Yes, I absolutely did wear make-up once the wounds had closed, that is not to say the discoloration or bumpiness was all gone though. I always used a new disposable sponge each time and was very careful to be clean and not cross-contaminate. Make-up helped me cover the evidence of a bad treatment while it faded, and it and gave me the confidence to not hide all day (like I used to because of the laser stimulated hair). At your point in treatments, I did continue treatments and did not have another bad reaction. Since we were treating different follicles, the discoloration did not get worse and I was able to continue my path of hair removal. I was at the point where you were and now I can wear ponytails and get many compliments on my hair-free, clear skin. You WILL heal, it just takes time and dilligence on your skincare routine. Stay the course, this is not an easy or quick process, but it is one that works.

#34860 - 08/16/06 10:41 PM Re: Question for laserhater
laserhater Offline
Major Contributor

Sandra,
Not to go all "James Walker" on you but if you post your location in your profile, maybe someone here can personally recommend a good electrologist from their own positive experiences.

#34861 - 08/17/06 01:52 AM Re: Question for laserhater
Sandra555 Offline

Thanks for all your help. Every time I get down, I read your post that it will heal. On a earlier post you had said around 6 weeks, so 2 more to go.

Thanks again
Sandra

#34862 - 08/17/06 08:27 PM Re: Question for laserhater
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Quote:

Sandra,
Not to go all "James Walker" on you but if you post your location in your profile, maybe someone here can personally recommend a good electrologist from their own positive experiences.

I think it's working though It's nice to see more people are adding that. It really helps and it's really for their benefit anyways. I really don't know what would be the reason some refuse to do it. These are annonymous anyways. It's not like anyone would know who you are in a city of millions.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Apilus Electropil... no model name?
by Iluv2zap
10:06 AM
Understanding How Laser Hair Removal Works
by Deedra
03:35 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by osamadcs
07:06 AM
Seana is unavailable for a lil while
by Iluv2zap
09/23/18 09:35 PM
A sterm warning to anyone considering laser hair removal.
by Miamikitty
09/20/18 08:54 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9712
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
3 registered (adrien_sanchiz, Janna, SynViks), 116 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod