Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 28 of 31 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#123375 - 01/17/17 01:37 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area ***** [Re: LAgirl]
adamj95 Offline
Major Contributor

I'm still looking for an electrologist in my area if anyone could be of any help . I live in Northwest minnesota and The nearest electrologist seems to be at least 4-5 hours away which isn't close enough for me.

Thread Sponsors
#123376 - 01/17/17 02:30 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: LAgirl]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Sorry. There are not enough of us. Why? I don't know. It is a fun profession where you are your own boss.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#123387 - 01/20/17 04:36 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: dfahey]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By dfahey
Sorry. There are not enough of us. Why? I don't know. It is a fun profession where you are your own boss.

Dee,

Do you think a man could make a living as an electrologist? I would assume that most customers are female and would prefer a female technician, which would make it more difficult for a man to find clients. What are your thoughts?

#123388 - 01/20/17 06:14 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: LAgirl]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

There are many men who are employed as an electrologist! Of course, this is a very viable profession for a man. Ask Mike Bono, James Walker, Fino Gior and his son, Skip Mahler, Lorenzo Kuntz and who did I leave out? They are all excellent male electrologists. I see a couple of men at my continuing education events.

I think men are very valuable to the electrolysis profession. If Monkey's were capable of doing electrolysis, I'd be praising monkey's too. Not trying to equate men with monkey's, so don't take offense anyone.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#123389 - 01/20/17 06:16 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: LAgirl]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
Most all of the pioneering in our industry has been done by men and there are more male electrologists than one would think.

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

#123394 - 01/22/17 09:36 AM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: Laurier]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

I was assuming it would be more difficult for a male electrologist to find clients because I also assume that most clients would be female and females would prefer a female tech.

Only basing this on my experience with laser hair removal. I've been to several different places and never seen a male tech.

#123395 - 01/22/17 10:34 AM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: LAgirl]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
They are rare. The practice of electrology is a female dominated profession but they do exist just like male nurses exist in another female dominated profession.

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

#123421 - 01/26/17 11:32 AM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: LAgirl]
adamj95 Offline
Major Contributor

I've extended my search for an electrologist into Canada. im not sure what regulations they have for getting a license, but would anyone know of good electrologists in Winnipeg, Manitoba?

#123426 - 01/26/17 06:43 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: LAgirl]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Manitoba is the only province in canada with an form of electrology licensing, and it's in the form of an apprenticeship program/certification AND a you need a permission to practise certificate. The information on it is here:
http://www.gov.mb.ca/wd/apprenticeship/discover/mbtrades/electrologist.html
The rest of the country electrology is wholly unlicensed and uncontrolled activity.

Perhaps this is why Manitoba is about the only province I dont have a professional contact or reference for.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#123434 - 01/27/17 10:57 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: LAgirl]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Seana, do you wish the whole country was licensed?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

Page 28 of 31 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
My Skin Years After Last Session
by Iluv2zap
0 seconds ago
My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair.
by Krasnaja
Today at 03:33 AM
Current Laser/IPL Models
by dfahey
Yesterday at 08:34 AM
KREE imperial ? Galvanic epilator help
by dfahey
Yesterday at 08:31 AM
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by Ton
09/24/17 08:41 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9568
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4148
Michael Bono 3116
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 104 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod