Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 4 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#45546 - 09/04/07 11:13 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area ***** [Re: Steve & Cathy]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY

Thread Sponsors
#45552 - 09/05/07 02:38 AM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: LAgirl]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Steve,

To answer one of your questions, microflash thermolysis uses one probe, same as the blend method,which is an awesome modality, too. A skilled electrologist can clear a lot of hair and get to a first full clearance much faster with flash or microflash thermolysis. Most clients find they can tolerate microflash better than other methods if the insertions are good. A skilled electrologist can find levels that individual clients can tolerate. So, the hard part really, is finding a good practitioner.

Please do read all you can. You sound like a good researcher and that's the way you need to approach permanent hair removal. Cathy needs relief as soon as possible. A quicker method of electrolysis, like microflash thermolysis, in my view is essential for Cathy if she has a lot of fine dark hair on her face. This method will give her hope, but she stills needs to stick with the plan for 1-1 1/2 years, generally speaking, as electrolysis is a process. Understand all you can about this and success will come.

Welcome to the hairtell family and feel free to vent or ask other questions.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#45573 - 09/06/07 10:52 AM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: dfahey]
Steve & Cathy Offline

Originally Posted By: dfahey
Steve,
To answer one of your questions, microflash thermolysis uses one probe, same as the blend method,which is an awesome modality, too. A skilled electrologist can clear a lot of hair and get to a first full clearance much faster with flash or microflash thermolysis. Most clients find they can tolerate microflash better than other methods if the insertions are good. A skilled electrologist can find levels that individual clients can tolerate. So, the hard part really, is finding a good practitioner.
Please do read all you can. You sound like a good researcher and that's the way you need to approach permanent hair removal. Cathy needs relief as soon as possible. A quicker method of electrolysis, like microflash thermolysis, in my view is essential for Cathy if she has a lot of fine dark hair on her face. This method will give her hope, but she stills needs to stick with the plan for 1-1 1/2 years, generally speaking, as electrolysis is a process. Understand all you can about this and success will come.
Welcome to the hairtell family and feel free to vent or ask other questions.
Dee

Thanks Dee, I appreciate all the info you've given me. I will be sure to check into the various methods and hopefully i can get some recommendations about electrologists in the area we will be living in. Microflash sounds like it might work very well for us especially ifthey can clear a fairly large area pretty quickly. I haven't been able to read much on it as most plaxces on Google just advertise their businesses but I'll keep digging. \:\)
We've stuck with Laser for over a year now so I think we will be ok as long as we can find the right people to work with and at a good price.
I know waxing her entire body in the US is just not going to be affordable every 2 months and of course the pain of 2-3 days being able to not do very much isn't an option. As it is they just raised the rates here again to about $40 for an entire body wax and the girl who has been doing it for 1.5 years and is the only good one there is leaving.
Thnaks agin for your help
Steve & Cathy

#45575 - 09/06/07 10:57 AM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: LAgirl]
Steve & Cathy Offline

Thanks lagirl I just posted a question on the main board hopefully we will get an answer.
Steve & Cathy

#46062 - 09/26/07 07:32 AM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: Steve & Cathy]
hairydude123 Offline

looking for one near santa barbara

#46072 - 09/26/07 05:32 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: hairydude123]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
PM James for a recommendation as he knows a known professional in that area or run a search. This isn't the place to post asking for recommendations.

Everyone, please start a separate post with questions!

#49306 - 02/07/08 03:23 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: LAgirl]
layla Offline
Contributor

Loc: Shanghai, China
This topic is nice for info about how to find an electrologist in the states.. But how about internationally?

Could we start a thread dedicated to listing international electrologists for those living and traveling outside the borders of the U.S.A.?

This information is a lot harder to come by than it might seem, especially when it might be in a foreign language. I think A repository of this sort would be very useful.

#49307 - 02/07/08 03:26 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: layla]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
You know, we always entended that everyone from around the world would participate in this section, we just have had very little participation from those outside the US and Canada.

#49313 - 02/07/08 04:44 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: James W. Walker VII]
layla Offline
Contributor

Loc: Shanghai, China
Hmm.. I wonder if that's because more due to an actual lack of electrologists outside the US and Canada, or because people outside the US and Canada aren't as aware of this website...

In the case of China and Hong Kong, it seems (after a year of searching) to be an actual (utter) lack of electrologists. \:\(

#49316 - 02/07/08 05:37 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: layla]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
India and Austrailia seem to lack electrologists as well. Laser and IPL is on every corner throughout the world, but good luck finding a professional electrologist that operates a hygenic office, wears surgical magnification, has great lighting and uses a top of the line computerized epilator. This is a big clue to anyone living in those countries who doesn't have a job and would like to be the most famous person in a particular town/city/province/territory/region/country. Talk about monopolies! A qualified, modern electrolgist would own the hair removal market in some parts of the globe, hands down - book closed.

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Page 4 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Today at 05:46 PM
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
Today at 11:36 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
12/09/17 07:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3183
Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod