Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 5 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#50973 - 04/14/08 03:05 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area ***** [Re: ]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Thanks for the compliments, but are you purposly spamming on a website that clearly poo-poo's this practice? The links are not helpful.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Thread Sponsors
#50974 - 04/14/08 03:08 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: dfahey]
Benji_boy Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: South East, London
What I always find confusing is that the people that spam seem to think it's a way of advertising. I look at the company their spamming across a forum or part of the Internet and take a mental note of not to trust them if I do for some reason come across them again wink

Dunno if it is just me.

Regards,
Benji

#50975 - 04/14/08 03:15 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: Benji_boy]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

We highly prefer consumer diaries on their hair removal experiences written over a long time period that coincides with hair growth cycles, rather than phoney-like promotive type posts. Sorry, I can't even understand these links to know if they are phoney promotions for one's self gain. I'm doing a lot of assuming here. Consumers are more savvey these days and thankfully look at posts like this with a very crooked, squinty eye. I admit we are very hard on posters that appear self-servng. It just causes a visceral, protective reaction when we think we "smell" a rat. I apologise if my instincts are wrong, feelyou.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#50977 - 04/14/08 03:38 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: dfahey]
Benji_boy Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: South East, London
Looking at the sites more closely - the second site, if I'm correct, is a information site on beauty processes, although it does look suspicously like it's advertising a certain procedure over others. For example, enzymes in certain products for slimming, medical procedures for cellulite, as well as a lot of other things. Although I'm not 100% sure as my French is that good.
The third link is a site a promoting a tgype of Internet phone, which apparently means you can make "Cheaper calls".

Yet, funnily enough the first link to a hair removal site or clinic (this is a guess looking at the URL) doesn't work, despite being the most relevant here. I think your right Dee about the spamming, although if I am wrong, I apologise as well.

Regards,
Benji

#50994 - 04/14/08 06:48 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: Benji_boy]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
I would advise y'all not to click on the links. That's why they post here. Clicks help their purpose as they get paid per click.

#51496 - 04/28/08 03:08 AM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: LAgirl]
vagrl Offline

Hello. I only can find two elctrologist in my area, frederickburg VA. Can anyone help? This one lady wants to do VPL(variable pulse light) first and then finish up with electrolysis, this is for my chin, neck and sideburns. Is this a good idea? Thanks!

#51503 - 04/28/08 04:18 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: vagrl]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I would use electrolysis on my face from start to finish no matter how much hair you have. It works. I don't know what her set up and skills are like for electrolysis. If she has a computerized epilator, good magnification glasses and quality lighting, she can whiz along just beautifully to remove your hair in a matter of hours. A modern electrologist can remove anywhere from 400- 800 hair per hour on an area if they use microflash or picoflash thermolysis with a great brand epilator. It's just awesome. If she doesn't have this kind of electrolysis set up, then I can see shy she is offering VPL in addition to electrolysis. This will be more costly, I assume. How much are the VPL treatments and how many do you need?

Can you explain what you understand about VPL and why you think it will kill hair permanently?

Dee
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#51511 - 04/28/08 10:49 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: dfahey]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Unless you have a full beard and very coarse hair and lots of it, do electrolysis from the start. And if your hair is very coarse and plentiful, then I would only consider a true laser, not VPL.

#51514 - 04/28/08 11:59 PM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: dfahey]
vagrl Offline

I went back and talked to her today. She said she would rather me do VPL on my chin and neck because I have been plucking there and that hair is thick and dark. Then she would finish whatever did not take with electrolysis. If I did electrolysis first, she said, it might take more than one try. Then on my side burs, lip and jaw/cheek she would do electrolysis because I have never touched this hair before and it is softer and better for elctrolysis. She uses the blend machine. For VPL she she is charging me 250 for chin and neck. For the rest it is $1.50 for every minuet, and she does 10-12 hairs a min.Is the price accurate? She explained that VPL would hit the hair at the root and the hair would fall out, because it was shedding.

My main concern is looking like I have a beard growing when the hair starts growing back (in between treatments). But She said once she hit the hair with electrolysis the hair should not come back and it would not be visible. What should I expect in between treatments?

LA girl, why shouldn't I do VPL? She said laser might leave marks.....

#51516 - 04/29/08 12:05 AM Re: How to find an electrologist in your area [Re: vagrl]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Electrolysis will hit the hair at the root and it can be killed the first time if it is a growing hair. You are going to spend a lot of money for this strategy.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

Page 5 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Stephgold
6 minutes 20 seconds ago
Lasting results
by dfahey
Today at 04:29 PM
Can Diode Laser produce both 810 & 1064 nm?
by melb_aussie
Today at 02:51 PM
Current Laser/IPL Models
by melb_aussie
Today at 02:48 PM
Looking for manual of A.R. Hinkel UC-2, pls help
by melb_aussie
Today at 02:40 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9614
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3186
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod