Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#37748 - 12/12/06 03:09 AM Re: Electrolysis vs laser (underarms and bikini)
elliemae Offline
Contributor

Quote:

Also, as said above, it only takes 5-10 mins to treat each of these areas at most and you come in once every 2 months or so. There is just no comparison for these areas. I wouldn't do electrolysis there to start.

I guess I didn't realize that you could go 2 months in between laser treatments. Maybe this will be a better option for me because of my apparently remote location, too. I could easily schedule a trip around my treatments.

And the info about the cost is quite promising.

Lagirl, I read your response to my other thread first and was feeling like I had no options, but after reading this, I feel hopeful again. Thanks for your help.

Thread Sponsors
#37749 - 12/12/06 03:22 AM Re: Electrolysis vs laser (underarms and bikini)
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Quote:

Wow! Thanks for all the info.

About recovery after treatments, I've seen some of the pictures after laser in the bikini area and it looks so sore. Is it as sore after electro? And if I get this done in the summertime, how long after a laser or electro treatment could I wear a swimsuit without a skirt coverup?

And I hadn't realized cost would be so close between the two. I do realize that it varies depending on how well my hair responds.

Here's one more embarrassing question, but I'm curious. How long after a treatment in the bikini area can you have sex?

Thanks again.

Didn't see this, so I'll answer these points.

You are NOT sore after laser. Also, to answer previous post, you do NOT get any scabbing with normal treatment. Scabbing is a sign of a burn which it looks like realsore had. With a good tech, this will NOT happen. You can have sex the same night. You will not have ANY after-effects with laser lasting more than a few hours at most. And that's just redness, i.e. follicles are red and raised, kind of like after waxing, but without any soreness or pain.

Another thing you should understand is that it's in your best interests to keep the areas treated as light as possible. So avoid any tanning. Hair will fall out 3 weeks after treatment, so you will be ready for a bathing suit, but I would use lots of sunscreen etc or not expose the area to the sun. The lighter the skin, the higher the settings that can be used, the more effective the treatment. So it's in your best interests if you want to kill the most hair fastest.

I also found that it helps to wax the areas about 2 months prior to treatments. I think it helped me have less treatments overall because it targeted the hair in the growing phase right away. Wax, then let it grow out and then shave before the treatment (you're supposed to). Shave 1-2 days ahead so they can see where the hair was.

And as mentioned previously, the cost for these area is NOT similar. You will not be spending over $2k with laser, most likely under depending on how much of the bikini hair you're removing.

Edited by lagirl (12/12/06 03:23 AM)

#37750 - 12/12/06 03:43 AM Re: Electrolysis vs laser (underarms and bikini)
elliemae Offline
Contributor

Thanks again, lagirl.

I'm off to the laser area now to read more.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
St George Electrolysis, Bexley, Australia
by Fairygirl
04:55 PM
the Hinkel Lectures
by Michael Bono
04:44 PM
Looking for Apilus Senior 3G, Platinum, or xCell
by chloe-td
04:09 PM
NEED ELECTROLYSIS, TORONTO ONTARIO
by Hstories_55
12:17 PM
Electrolysis Places in GTA
by Hstories_55
08:40 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9689
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3452
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod