Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#55946 - 09/17/08 01:52 PM Re: American Laser Centers (Brentwood, TN) ***** [Re: LAgirl]
qbcmtr Offline
Contributor

Wow, what a fishy company. I saw them here in NYC at a event called "Girls Night Out", it's like a boutique sales event. They had a nice display. I remember there being a blonde haired lady and a brunette representing the company. They also have blonde haired women all over their website. Can they technically get sued for attempting to treat blonde hair? I was reading on the web that they have a "new technology" that uses radio waves and a diode which is suppose to remove blonde hair.

So glad I read this post because I am in the search for a center in NYC and I was considering them because they are such a huge franchise.

Sponsored Links
#55947 - 09/17/08 02:03 PM Re: American Laser Centers (Brentwood, TN) [Re: qbcmtr]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Just because you see a blond haired woman doesn't mean she has blond hair. Hair dye? Doesn't mean they have blond hair everywhere, now does it?

Sounds like they are pushing something like an Aurora (IPL) that doesn't work.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

#55956 - 09/17/08 05:53 PM Re: American Laser Centers (Brentwood, TN) [Re: dfahey]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Amerilase is the machine that is the diode and RF, basically same thing as the Comet. And no, it won't remove blond hair. All marketing hype.

#55996 - 09/18/08 01:30 PM Re: American Laser Centers (Brentwood, TN) [Re: LAgirl]
qbcmtr Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: lagirl
Amerilase is the machine that is the diode and RF, basically same thing as the Comet. And no, it won't remove blond hair. All marketing hype.

Wow that is soo crazy! If they are such a large company why do they attempt to delivery a service to clients they know wont work? I'm have dark hair so I am in the clear but for others that actually listen to them, what a shocker.

#56015 - 09/18/08 05:54 PM Re: American Laser Centers (Brentwood, TN) [Re: qbcmtr]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
It's a business. They do what they think works for them. In general, this company tends to make their money on sale pitches and charging large upfront costs for a set of treatments with a no refund policy. I guess they figure it doesn't really matter what happens after they got the money.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Does this look right? Clean N Easy Deluxe aftermat
by Iluv2zap
Today at 12:43 AM
Dermatitis on previously treated area
by fenix
Yesterday at 09:29 PM
Japanese IME HR-5000
by melb_aussie
Yesterday at 09:17 PM
Electrolysis Help
by RJRogers
Yesterday at 06:32 PM
Advice: Should I switch to someone who uses blend?
by endlesshello
Yesterday at 01:54 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9664
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3294
Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod