Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#38917 - 02/01/07 11:06 PM Share feelings here (not questions)
Andrea Offline
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
If you have a question, please ask it under the appropriate forum. This is for emotional support only. Questions will be moved to other forums.

A reader suggested I move this category higher, and I agree it is important. Please feel free to share how you feel, whether it's anxious, proud, sad, delighted. Others will certainly feel the same way.

Again if you have a question, please ask it under the appropriate forum. Thanks!

Edited by Andrea (02/08/07 05:19 PM)

Sponsored Links
#54649 - 08/07/08 02:23 AM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: ]
Chan1 Offline

Hair is great if it is in the places you think it should grow! As a female I should not have facial hair of a man. To me this is not natural. Overall I try to take my facial hair with a smile on my face, but inside I am embarassed and insecure. I can't even let anyone get to close to me for fear that they might see. I am not saying that I don't love my hair I do, but I don't love having to feel unattractive over such consuming thing as trying to control my facial hair. As seen on the site I am not alone in this situation and that in some strange way makes things easier that I am not as "freakish" as I feel. This site is a wonderful hope for all of us who are trying to find answers.

#54650 - 08/07/08 03:42 AM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: Chan1]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
If you literally have male pattern growth on your face, you should see an endocronologist and get tested for hormonal imbalance disorders.

#54694 - 08/08/08 04:27 AM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: ]
micheele Offline

Exactly "hair" can change from culture to culture, or even within cultures. For example, a woman with chin-length hair may be said to have short hair, while a man with the same length of hair could be said to have long hair.
----------
micheelgeorge

Edited by Andrea (08/08/08 07:16 AM)
Edit Reason: rm link

#54718 - 08/09/08 01:57 AM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: micheele]
Chan1 Offline

lagirl and micheele thank you for your kind advice..once I learn a little more about this site I would like to discuss with you about the best way to go about finding out about possible hormonal imbalances. please let me know if there is any other advice you can offer and how the best way to communicate with you is. thank you in advance!

#54725 - 08/09/08 03:23 AM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: Chan1]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Find a reputable endicronolist in your area and get tested for potential hormonal imbalance disorders. You can have cysts or something else causing this which can be treated with medication.

#55043 - 08/17/08 04:52 PM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: LAgirl]
Jaganess Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Massachusetts
I hate how my parents ridicule my insecurity....they don't support me one bit and that just makes the problem worse for me. I'm going to have to get through this by myself =\
Hormone levels: Stable, detailed tests were done

Machine: Apilus Senior microflash (uses Blend method)
Treatment includes..:
Upper lip- 10 minutes
Torso- 50 minutes

Four treatments so far...

#63975 - 07/10/09 02:01 AM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: Jaganess]
Bridget.K Offline

Basically, it makes me selfconcious(I have a small amount of upper lip facial hair) and I will stand further away from people to try and make it so it is not seen. I'm most likely beginning electrolysis soon so hopefully it will be all good after that!

#63982 - 07/10/09 04:25 AM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: Bridget.K]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Most women have some sort of upper lip hair. It's completely normal. Most either wax, bleach, shave, etc.

#63990 - 07/10/09 01:17 PM Re: Share feelings here (not questions) [Re: LAgirl]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Just remember that shaving and clipping are the only things that don't cause potential increased growth and thickness.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Your opinion on GentleLase for hands/fingers?
by dimi
The 'tweezing' sensation
by Iluv2zap
03:17 PM
electrolysis on penis
by fenix
06:03 PM
Electrolysis London?
by Lily-May
05/27/17 06:37 AM
A lack of planning on your part...
by Iluv2zap
05/26/17 08:57 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9482
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3082
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 107 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod