consumer hair removal forum
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#93972 - 12/01/11 10:49 AM Re: Current Laser/IPL Models [Re: LAgirl]
lefty2g1 Offline
Contributor

The reason there are so many is due to the fact they are very cheap to manufacture, consequently, everybody thinks they will make a lot of money by making and selling them. This attracts more manufacturers and now we have a GLUT. Pretty soon there will be more mfctrs than customers.

Pretty soon all who want one will have one and prices will come down as they battle each other for sales.

The number of PRE-owned lasers is growing rapidly. Many operators have given it up. They went into business under financed and can't take the heat.

Sponsored Links
#96335 - 03/06/12 05:29 AM Re: Current Laser/IPL Models [Re: testingthis]
LaserChick Offline

Hello, Everyone

I need HELP!, I have a couple questions.

First, I am finally hired to work in a practice doing Laser Hair Removal, but now i live in florida and the law here requires me to have a medical director i have my gynecology willing to be the one, now, what will be a fair fee or commission to pay to the doctor?

Also this practice have 2 different machines 1, the candela yag and the alexandrite, can you tell me the settings depending on the skin type? Is being a while since i took my license.

#96423 - 03/08/12 04:45 PM Re: Current Laser/IPL Models [Re: testingthis]
Ris Offline

I tried performing a search for the LHE machine but nothing came up. Has anyone heard of that machine? If so, what type of laser is it?

#99523 - 06/18/12 07:02 PM Re: Current Laser/IPL Models [Re: LAgirl]
Faf Offline
Contributor

Hello,

I really want to do hair removal, but I am not sure which type will be the best for my skin.
I think that my skin color is typr IV or a littlelighter then that. My hair color is black.
Can you please give me an advice, so I will know how to start looking at the area where I leave?

Thank you for helping

#99526 - 06/18/12 10:02 PM Re: Current Laser/IPL Models [Re: Faf]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Hi Faf.

You wan to look for a place that has a Yag laser. That would suit your skin type better. What area are you concerned with? Is your har coarse and dense?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#105697 - 03/26/13 02:19 AM Re: Current Laser/IPL Models [Re: testingthis]
KP303 Offline

Out of these lasers which would you choose and/or not choose for hair removal on Type III skin, dark hair: Cutera CoolGlide, Cynosure Apogee Elite, Lumenis LightSheer diode or GentleYag?

#106690 - 05/09/13 11:22 PM Re: Current Laser/IPL Models [Re: testingthis]
Astra Offline

Has any one had experience or heard of Emma Diode Laser by Sincoheren.

#106691 - 05/09/13 11:35 PM Re: Current Laser/IPL Models [Re: KP303]
CRC Biomedical Offline

Major Contributor

Loc: Washington, DC Metro Area
KP303,

The Candela GentleYag provides the highest average power of the lasers you mentioned. While the Cynosure Apogee Elite Modular offers greater options for different skin/hair types, for type III skin with dark hair, the GentleYag gives you better options. The 18mm spot size give you the greatest amount of energy per follicle out of the systems mentioned. This reduces treatment time, as well as increases efficacy.

One laser you did not mention is the EpiCare LPX. This is an Alexandrite laser which also has a max 18mm spot size. Even in skin type III though, this laser is much better than the GentleYag because it has a max average power of 100W.
CRC Biomedical Services

#106692 - 05/09/13 11:41 PM Re: Current Laser/IPL Models [Re: Astra]
CRC Biomedical Offline

Major Contributor

Loc: Washington, DC Metro Area
The only system FDA approved for use in the US is the Sincoheren IPL. The Emma Diode is not FDA approved for use in the US, and the transfer, sale, or use of this system in the US is a violation of federal law.
CRC Biomedical Services

#106983 - 05/17/13 01:23 PM Re: Current Laser/IPL Models [Re: testingthis]
Annie G Offline

If you would like to see an IPL and a combined Alexandrite/YAG laser machine being used during a laser hair removal procedure, there is a laser hair removal online training video you can watch. Just click on the link and scroll down to click on the link to view the video excerpt.

Two physicians Christine Whitelaw, M.D., and Mark B. Taylor, M.D. demonstrate step-by-step procedures and parameter considerations on an IPL and a combined Alexandrite/YAG laser machine. Demonstrations are on male and female models with different Fitzpatrick types.

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Help.. i'm lost. LHR doesn't seem to be working
by Iluv2zap
11:47 PM
hairs break off during treatment
by Iluv2zap
11:41 PM
Over the counter numbing cream
by James W. Walker VII
06:11 PM
Perspective/Feedback Needed- Thanks!
by dfahey
01:21 PM
Any comments about Cabelo Electrolysis in Canada?
by Ton
07/25/17 01:47 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9523
James W. Walker VII 8029
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3094
Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod