Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#3953 - 03/04/04 12:53 AM Re: Schick Quattro
Todd D. Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
quote:
Originally posted by dfahey:
On Jan. 15, 2004, The Gillette Company announced that it is introducing a new battery-powered wet shaver in May of 2004 (North America only). It's called the M3Power for men. Perfectly safe to use in the shower, too.

Claims to outpower other shaving systems including the Mach3 turbo and it beat the Schick Quattro in consumer testing.

Will retail for $14.99.

More info can be seen at www.gillette.com

Dee

I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the info. Hopefully this is better than the battery operated razor I tried out a few years ago. I think it was made by Conair, and it was just a regular razor that vibrated some.

Thread Sponsors
#3954 - 03/07/04 02:45 AM Re: Schick Quattro
RJC2001 Offline

Top Ten Contributor

Loc: USA
I wonder if this is the same gadget that Sharper Image used to sell. it ran on a AAA battery and accepted Mach3 and Mach3 Turbo blades. I don't know if they still sell it or not.

RJC2001

#3955 - 03/09/04 04:14 AM Re: Schick Quattro
John W Offline

I have been using a Mach3 for a couple years now and am convinced it is the best razor a man can buy, but the replacement blades are just too expensive when I usually get around 5-6 shaves per blade. I recently ran across a new product called EdgeSaver and have been using it for 2 months and have only gone through 2 blades. It also gave me a much smoother, less irritating shave. I gotta tell you...I am definitely impressed with EdgeSaver. I highly recommend it!

#3956 - 03/14/04 07:32 PM Re: Schick Quattro
RJC2001 Offline

Top Ten Contributor

Please tell us more about Edge Saver. Is it a liquid that you soak the blades in after using? Or is it that magnetic gadget sold by Sharper Image? Is there a URL where we can get more information on it?

Where can this be purchased?

RJC2001

#3957 - 03/28/04 05:44 PM Re: Schick Quattro
Patrick Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: N. CA.
The Edge Saver URL is http://www.edgesaver.com/.

You can buy from the website - they're in Minnesota.

Looks interesting, but I shave in the shower and don't have space for the unit. Hmmmm... maybe time to redesign the shower [Big Grin]

#3958 - 03/29/04 04:59 AM Re: Schick Quattro
John W Offline

Check out the website, it gives a lot of detailed info. www.edgesaver.com When I first bought the product I thought it was just another make a dollar product. Not so! I didn't believe those little tablets they sell with the system even worked. Amazing, put one of those tablets next to a drop of water and it actually sucks the water into the tablet, cool stuff!! If you don't believe me try it for yourself. I definetly didn't waste my money buying the EdgeSaver system.

#3959 - 04/02/04 08:10 AM Re: Schick Quattro
Desperate Andy Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
As a note of personal experience, I tried the Gillette Sensor Excel and found it better than Mach 3. The blades last longer and it causes less irritation. The first time I used it I thought it shaved closer than the Mach 3 but now I don't really know if it does or not. I am having facial electrolysis, but while that's being done, I think I will continue using the Sensor Excel between treatments.

#3960 - 05/01/04 09:11 PM Re: Schick Quattro
tearose Offline

hey, if anyone is interested in the opinion of a gal who uses guy razors on her legs...i've been looking for an opportunity to badmouth the quatro. i normally use the mach 3 turbo and when i heard about the quatro i figured it was worth a try but i found it impossible to clean. the mach 3 blade lasted ages for me, but the quatro i had to change pretty quickly because the hairs that were long enough to get stuck did not wash out. i guess it could still be a good razor if you shave frequently enough that you're always scraping off stubble, but if you use it after neglecting to shave for a couple of days, you'll probably need to throw away the blade.

#3961 - 05/03/04 12:21 AM Re: Schick Quattro
RJC2001 Offline

Top Ten Contributor

Tearose, we are definitley interested in your opinions. Do you think the men's razors are better than the women's. A lot of bodybuilders tried the Venus and liked it, but the Mach3 and Mach3 Turbo rule now.

I think the Quattro is pretty good but I like the Turbo better. I could see where the Quattro might clog more easily. I never tried the Quattro on long stubble though. It works fine on very short stubble. You need to shave every day or two for the Quattro to be useable.

I'm anxious to try the M3 Power, but have not seen it in stores yet.

RJC2001

#3962 - 05/10/04 10:45 PM Re: Schick Quattro
RJC2001 Offline

Top Ten Contributor

Just an update on the M3 Power. The CVS ad in the Sunday paper claims they will be the first ones to have it on Tuesday, May 18. Other stores will probably have it at the same time.

Wal Mart had the Mach 3 Turbo just as early as anyone else.

While at Wal Mart the other day, I noticed that the Sensor 3 refills are actually more expensive than the Mach 3 Turbo refills. What's up with that?

RJC2001

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Pro-Tec Probes Recommendations for Apilus
by cryptic
Today at 09:49 PM
Something wrong
by blueberry
Today at 09:11 PM
Apilus Senior II - Manual
by cryptic
Today at 08:54 PM
Guidance on after care
by Pkanji
Today at 04:18 PM
A sign of dermal over-treatment?
by dimi
Today at 11:04 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9725
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3511
Who's Online
1 registered (cryptic), 126 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod