consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#40557 - 03/22/07 08:18 PM Re: Removing hair on chin area.... [Re: LAgirl]
Alychic Offline
Contributor

Yes, I did find other electrologists in my area but only one listed with the AEA and since I don't have any referrals, I figured this would be a good place to start with. I plan on scheduling a Doctors appointment first to make sure I don't have a hormonal imbalance. After which, I'll schedule my first appointment with the electrologist to get a sample treatment. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone in SA but if for some reason I don't, I wouldn't mind traveling to Austin; it's only about an hour away. I really do appreciate both your advice and will post my progress once I start my treatment. Thanks \:\)

Thread Sponsors
#40558 - 03/22/07 08:49 PM Re: Removing hair on chin area.... [Re: Alychic]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
you really shouldn't need to travel that far. talk to the ones who are not listed with the AEA and see how they sound. I wouldn't put that much enphasis on that. Ask them how long they've been in business, what machine and methods of electrolysis they use, what their experience is with faces, etc. It doesn't hurt to come in for a sample treatment as well to see if their technique is good. that's most important.

let us know how your results are after an endocrinologist appt too.

thanks.

#40564 - 03/22/07 10:24 PM Re: Removing hair on chin area.... [Re: Alychic]
Barbara_CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Kansas
 Originally Posted By: Alychic
I'm in my 30s and after having my first child (2 years ago) I noticed hair growth on my chin area. I'm now considering getting electrolysis on that area. I have a hand full of hairs that I have been tweezing often (once a week) that grow back dark and coarse. I also have a few lighter hairs (like peach fuzz, but much longer) that I would also like to get removed. My question is, will the lighter hairs grow back dark and coarse once removed with electrolysis?

Some information that might be helpful to you - regarding those hairs you tweeze once a week, they used to be fine (vellus) hairs and something turned them on to become coarse. Those lighter longer (accelerated vellus) hairs also USED to be fine hairs. While it will not hurt to have a physician evaluate the hair problem, most clients do not ever learn the cause of their hair growth. Most electrologists can tell a client that accelerated growth (coarsening) of hair happens to women during puberty, pregnancy and menopause.

Electrology treatments will efficiently remove any of the hairs that you might grow in your lifetime. It's just important to know that it does not grow in one small window of time, but you may very well have large windows of time where there is no growth, as long as the hairs are removed by a good electrologist as soon as they grow.

#40571 - 03/23/07 01:37 AM Re: Removing hair on chin area.... [Re: Barbara_CPE]
Alychic Offline
Contributor

I believe pregnancy triggered the hair growth on the chin area for me. And I'm sure the plucking didn't help any. This was my first pregnancy and I started having problems afterwards. I really don't pluck that many coarse hairs (maybe 5 at the most). But what's really bothering me are the longer finer hairs. They're more noticeable in the sunlight and with a magnification mirror. It just really depresses me. I realize it could take a year or more to take care of my hair problem permanently (I hope), but I would prefer to go to an electrologist once a week and know that I'm improving my face than to continue plucking for the rest of my life. Well, thank you so much for the information. It certainly does explain things. \:\)

#40572 - 03/23/07 02:05 AM Re: Removing hair on chin area.... [Re: Alychic]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
and you shoudn't need to go once a week for longer than a month or 2 at most. you need to concentrate on getting full clearance and then only coming in when new ones pop up to kill them while they're young and weak.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis on legs
by Stephgold
Yesterday at 10:35 PM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Stephgold
Yesterday at 10:11 PM
Hairtell restructuration needed
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 05:27 PM
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 12:27 PM
men shaving legs??
by tyndn
Yesterday at 08:56 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3185
Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod