Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#41750 - 04/30/07 04:42 PM What goes faster?
portugal Offline
Contributor

Hi everyone, I have two questions…
From your experience what types of hair get "done/eliminated" faster, fine or thick hair?
I have lots and lots of very fine (some light some dark) all over my face and I’ve been doing electrolysis for 1 hour every week for the past 3 months. How long will it take to get it all done? Will I be almost done within 1 year?

Any input will be appreciated
Thanks

Thread Sponsors
#41752 - 04/30/07 05:17 PM Re: What goes faster? [Re: portugal]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
finer and vellus hairs are weaker, so they can be killed easier. however, that doesn't mean that you can't kill a thicker hair with one zap. what you need to make sure is to get to a clearance as fast as possible so that you're only treating hair in the first weak anagen phase of growth, i.e. when it first comes out. that and an experienced electrologist will ensure that you are done within a year or so.

#41756 - 04/30/07 05:52 PM Re: What goes faster? [Re: LAgirl]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
What method does your electrologist use? Thermolysis, Blend , Galvanic?

Have you had all the hair cleared from your face at leat one time? Hopefully you are not plucking hairs in between sessions.

So you have had 12 hours or so of facial electrolysis so far. I would think that you have been cleared by now and are only getting new hair that come to the surface. If you haven't been cleared, I can only ask, "Why not?". Can you give more specifics about what your treatments are like?

Can you submit a picture?

Dee

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#41787 - 05/01/07 12:52 PM Re: What goes faster? [Re: ]
portugal Offline
Contributor

dfahey, first of all thanks for your reply…
I am doing Thermolyis, no I am not plucking hairs in between treatments and no my face hasn’t been fully cleared yet….I have A LOT of hair!!
I asked her the other day if she was getting all the regrowth out and she said that, because I have so much hair she is primarily concentrating on clearance. She said that she gets some regrowth, but she doesn’t have time to be judging every single hair, it would take to much time…basically if a hair needs to go she zaps it and if regrowth happens to be on the way she zaps it too.
As far as the treatments, some times I fell some plucking. She tells me that those are hairs that have never been treated…is this normal?

#41791 - 05/01/07 01:28 PM Re: What goes faster? [Re: portugal]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

She's right. Some hairs are naturally resistant because they are out of phase, so you are okay.

If she is not doing microflash or even flash themolysis, then the process will be slower. Since I can't see how much hair you have, I can't judge if 12 hours is over the line for a first clearance or not. It just seems slow from where I sit, but don't make her nervous about this. The first six months are the hardest and there will be times when you think you are not progressing, but you are. We have to get through those darn hair growth cycles and the beginning sessions or first six months, surely offer a tidal wave of hair that frustrates both electrologist and client. Trust and be patient.

Dee

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#41792 - 05/01/07 02:23 PM Re: What goes faster? [Re: ]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
Beautifully said Dee. The greatest hurdle is getting past the fist 3 - 6 months of treatment. That is also the time when a high percentage of clients give up on treatment and go back to shaving, tweezing, waxing, and threading. Education is so important as is personal integrity. The hair removal industry is filled with so much misleading information and after all is said, done, and tried, it is the electrologist who is often the last resort in permanent hair removal. The clients are already disappointed and discouraged, especially those who have not been properly informed about laser.

#41796 - 05/01/07 05:36 PM Re: What goes faster? [Re: Arlene R. Batz, CPE]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I had a first consultation with a new client this morning. She see's a dermatologist and a reproductive endocrinologist. She is being treated for PCOS ans is doing great as far as eating better and decreasing her weight.

Did one of her doctor's refer her to me? Heavens NO! She came to me from a clinet referral who is finshed and happy. The new client was hesitant to seek electrolysis because she was told by one of her doctors that electrolysis takes too long and hurts a lot. She also thought electrolysis was a temporary measure because her long ago high school friend didn't do well. Well......................

I cleared her upper lip hair and eyebrows. It took one hour and 4 minutes for both areas. She was amazed at how it DIDN'T hurt and did not expect this outcome because her doctor had described electrolysis as something scarry and impossible.

Doctors are justified to make such comments because they don't know any better for the most part what modern electrolysis can do for people. That's why I harp and make a stink about electrologists not updating their tools. I wish the AEA would, too. It reflects on the profession poorly when negative stories are the only stories spread and believed. We are in a hole because the better tools are being ignored, shunned or riducled as something not so special, among some colleagues who refuse to bring it up a notch or two. Yes, it will cost more money to "re-model", but you actually increase your revenue as happy clients tell their friends and family (and, hopefully, their doctors) that skin reaction was good, hair was cleared rather fast and electrolysis is a very tolerable proceedure.

We are in the business of offering hope through the physical act of performing electrolysis on hairy people who want the hair off as fast as possible and with little skin side effects. There is a way to do this better than 20 years ago, but some still need to stay in their comfort zone, clutching their Hinkel and Lind book real tight.

Dee

#41810 - 05/01/07 09:35 PM Re: What goes faster? [Re: ]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Amen!

They should at least add Bono and Meharg to their Library and do something about their magnification and the comfort and speed delivered by their hair removal machine.

They say they don't believe that upgraded equipment can pay for itself, but it reminds me of the guy who says to the stove, "You give me some heat, and I'll give you some wood."

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Apilus Electropil... no model name?
by Iluv2zap
10:06 AM
Understanding How Laser Hair Removal Works
by Deedra
03:35 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by osamadcs
07:06 AM
Seana is unavailable for a lil while
by Iluv2zap
09/23/18 09:35 PM
A sterm warning to anyone considering laser hair removal.
by Miamikitty
09/20/18 08:54 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9712
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
3 registered (adrien_sanchiz, Janna, SynViks), 116 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod